I'm taking a weather spotter course...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A friend of mine suggested I take it because I've always been interested in weather and I live in a rural area. If I become a certified spotter, I will be reporting to NOAA and the county sheriff when we have bad weather (t-storms, tornadoes, flash floods, and winter weather). This sounds interesting to me. I won't be getting paid (that I know of). I've done most of the course already. Now, all I need to do is take the test.

bybee

A friend of mine suggested I take it because I've always been interested in weather and I live in a rural area. If I become a certified spotter, I will be reporting to NOAA and the county sheriff when we have bad weather (t-storms, tornadoes, flash floods, and winter weather). This sounds interesting to me. I won't be getting paid (that I know of). I've done most of the course already. Now, all I need to do is take the test.

How exciting! I wish you success with the test! Do you have to understand any complicated equipment to do this?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How exciting! I wish you success with the test! Do you have to understand any complicated equipment to do this?

Not that I know of. But, I'm going to get a compass, a weather radio, an indoor/outdoor thermometer, and something to measure rainfall just because I want them. I will need the compass to be able to tell what direction any funnels/tornadoes are from my house.

theophilus

Our local weather spotters get a blurb on the evening weather portions of the local news via Skype.

It's pretty cool.

:D

Good for you!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It would be nice to know a weather spotter, so to avoid as much bad weather as possible. Weather makes me fell sick. Going back down to Florida tomorrow morning.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not that I know of. But, I'm going to get a compass, a weather radio, an indoor/outdoor thermometer, and something to measure rainfall just because I want them. I will need the compass to be able to tell what direction any funnels/tornadoes are from my house.

they should give you a raincoat