Inspirational Quotes quoted on TOL

Charity

Sometimes we miss the best quotes within the flood of words that maybe posted each day here on theologyonline.com

I enjoy Quoting quotes

SO ..This thread is create for TOL members that ENJOY quotes with lightning perception; lets follow it up with the thunder an get it out there! ;)

please Name everything if you can.

From Information comes more information. greater wisdom is built upon wisdom.ideas are strengthened by ideas.

Charity Spence

Last edited:

Charity

How to Read The bible
Because of vial KILLING offences, the blood stained robes of war were quickly bung in a huge washing Machine all together; an now when you pull each thing out you have to decide.. is this to be hung on the house of Moses or the house of David.
~charity

Charity

Sure thing! I enjoy quotes hang off the edge an post your own thoughts! Post for others. Quotes are one of my great loves.

OMEGA

Here's one,

YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE !!

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Buzzword

I keep rotating this one in and out of my sig, because between TOL and my Sunday school class I keep finding reason to read it again and again.

"Though we cannot think alike, may we not love alike? May we not be of one heart, though we are not of one opinion? Without all doubt, we may. Herein all the children of God may unite, notwithstanding these smaller differences."
-John Wesley

This one almost got me banned from another "Christian" forum, just for posting it and asking for discussion.

"It is my sincere prayer that two millennia after the death of its founder, Christianity can recapture its vision of creating a world where love of one's neighbor - be she Christian or Muslim, gay or straight, Republican or Democrat - reigns supreme."
-Rev. Oliver "Buzz" Thomas, 10 Things Your Minister Wants to Tell You (But Can't, Because He Needs the Job)

(and no, Rev. Thomas' nickname did NOT inspire or influence my choice of username)

Charity

I really didn't enjoy noticing how stupid they think westerns are.
I guess they hear what we believe without ever seeing.

Charity

Charity

I asked for all the jellybeans on Airforce 1 an guess what!!!! I ended up with the M&M's :) thank you dear friend! arwsome gift!

Charity

Charity

So I started thinking more about the whole notion of popularity contests...and it occured to me that if popularity equated with quality then McDonalds would be universally hailed as the finest restaurant going.

And that put everything in perspective for me.
~TH

Charity

one is always sensitive to the things they are expected to understand!
embarrassed when they can't make heads or tales
shy will bluff the way!
words in parable laugh out loud,O pride is never ending
"intimidation" the greatest of all weapons.

God is like Pizza....
No matter how may slices they produce.. the size of the pizza remains the same. religion dish's it out!

~me

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great TOL quotes...

I repent!!

Although I have argued otherwise, I am inclined to agree that homosexuality is natural...

... and so is murder, lying, stealing, adultery, envy, coveting, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these.

"Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest."

That is why it is essential that we are born-again...

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, in order that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

To protect us from our "natures" we must enforce strict laws to keep us from natural, but inappropriate behavior. This is why God desires all men to be saved and receive a new nature...

"...in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. "

In Romans Chapter 1, Paul clearly spells out the fact that the natural function of man is with woman, and likewise the natural function for woman is to be with man. But, God has given all over to depraved minds, and to death, so that all men apart from God are on the same level. Likewise, all who are in Christ are also the same.

We are not animals. God is not an animal. Man is created in the image of God, not monkeys.

I hope you had a chance to read the post that showed I have changed my view regarding the "natural" condition of homosexuals.

You don't need formal theological training to rightly divide. You just need
to believe the Bible means what it says. Any student who believes what he reads
can see that the doctrine in Romans-Philemon does not match Hebrews-Revelation.
The first set preaches Christ crucified, the second set preaches Christ the King and
High Priest.

2 Corinthians 5:

18: And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19: To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The following is the first half or so of Pslam 22, written approximately 1000 years before Christ was born. Also, it should be noted that the first historical record of crucifixion is from the 6th century B.C., so it is likely that this psalm was written hundreds of years before anyone was ever crucified.

Studying this Psalm was one of the final steps that convinced me that the Bible is true, and that Jesus is who He says He is. I can think of no other rational conclusion, given the content of this psalm. To anyone who is unsure whether the Bible truly is the Word of God or simply a collection of books written by men, please take a few minutes to read this study of Psalm 22.

In Christ,
Turbo

(Passages from the Gospels are inserted in a smaller font, echoing the portion of the psalm that is above them, particularly the bold phrases. All scriptures quoted are from NKJV)

Psalm 22:
1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?

Matthew 27:46
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"

2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 "He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him
, since He delights in Him!"

Matthew 27:39-43
And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads and saying, "You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross."
Likewise the chief priests also, mocking with the scribes and elders, said, "He saved others; Himself He cannot save. If He is the King of Israel, let Him now come down from the cross, and we will believe Him. He trusted in God; let Him deliver Him now if He will have Him; for He said, "I am the Son of God."'

Luke 23:35
And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God."

9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother's breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother's womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
13 They gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart
is like wax;
It has melted within Me.

John 19:34
But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.

John 19:28
After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!"

16 For dogs* have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced My hands and My feet;

Matthew 27
2 And when they had bound Him, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pontius Pilate the governor.

11 Now Jesus stood before the governor. And the governor asked Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?"
Jesus said to him, "It is as you say." 12And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing.
13 Then Pilate said to Him, "Do You not hear how many things they testify against You?" 14But He answered him not one word, so that the governor marveled greatly.

26 Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.
27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole garrison around Him. 28And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. 29 When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!" 30 Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. 31 And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified.

17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.

John 19:33
But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs.

Luke 23:35
And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God."

18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.

Matthew 27:35
Then they crucified Him, and divided His garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet:
"They divided My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots."

Mark 15:24
And when they crucified Him, they divided His garments, casting lots for them to determine what every man should take.

Luke 23:34
Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."
And they divided His garments and cast lots.

John 19:24
They said therefore among themselves, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be," that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says:
"They divided My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots."
Therefore the soldiers did these things.

19 But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
20 Deliver Me from the sword,

John 19:34
But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.

My precious life from the power of the dog*. (Roman Empire)

Luke 3:1
Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judea, Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene,

Luke 23:24
So Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they requested.

21 Save Me from the lion's mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!

(* “dog” is a pejorative term for Gentile. See Mat 15:22-28; also Rev. 21:12, 22:15; Ps. 59:5-7,13-15, 1 Sam. 17:43, and 2 Ki. 8:13)

If you are determined to be a moron.....

- Be a funny moron.

- Or a clever moron.

- Or at very least be an original moron.

I could go on and on, but will let somebody else pull up some great quotes.

Charity

From Information comes more information.
greater wisdom is built upon wisdom.
ideas are strengthened by ideas.

so

enjoy

life

an

your

IDEA'S

"The beginning and end
of all literary activity

is the reproduction of the world
that surrounds me
by means of the world that is in me,

all things being grasped, related,
moulded and constructed

in a personal form
and an original manner."

Goerte

"The total life of the writer
is the source of his work,
all of these go into his writing
in varying quantities:

the sense, as of taste and touch,
the rate of metabolism, blood pressure,
the digestion, body temperature,
the memory of things past,
perhaps going back to the childhood
not only of the writer but of the race itself.

The success of his work
depends on the liveliness
and alertness of his brain,
previous reading of books,
shrewdness of insight into human character,
his ear for the sound of language.

The writer, therefore,
must have a more than ordinary
capacity for life
and the power to retain what he experiences."

Paul Engle

"There are three points of view
from which a writer can be considered:
he may be considered as a story teller,
as a teacher,
and as an enchanter.

A major writer combines these three -
storyteller, teacher, enchanter -

but it is the enchanter in him
that predominates
and makes him
a major writer.

Vladimir Nabokov

"All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection.
So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure
to do the impossible."

William Faulkner

Charity

“Trust in Allah, but tie your camel.”
Arabian Proverb quotes

HolyQURAN
4.157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Allah is on our side. That is why we will beat the aggressor.
Saddam Hussein

HolyQuran60.4. ... there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever, unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone.

Do not share the knowledge with which you have been blessed with everyone in general, as you do with some people in particular; and know that there are some men in whom Allah, may He he glorified, has placed hidden secrets, which they are forbidden to reveal.
Ali ibn Abi Talib

He who builds a masjid in the way of Allah, God will build a house for him in the paradise.
Abu Bakr

“Among the most beloved of places are the mosques.”
?

More HolyQuran references an quotes

4.160. For the iniquity of the Jews We made unlawful for them certain (foods) good and wholesome which had been lawful for them;- in that they hindered many from Allah.s Way;

4.161. That they took usury, though they were forbidden; and that they devoured men's substance wrongfully;- we have prepared for those among them who reject faith a grievous punishment.

5.14. From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them: so we estranged them, with enmity and hatred between the one and the other, to the day of judgment. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.

5.33. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

5.38. As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power.

5.39. But if the thief repents after his crime, and amends his conduct, Allah turneth to him in forgiveness; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

5.51. O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

5.57. O ye who believe! take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have faith (indeed).

john w

Hall of Fame
The SOF of lost people, such as "god"rulz, andycain, GP,Nang....., asserting that the sin(singular) and sins(plural)was not satisfied with finality 2000+ years ago, by the dbr:

“That's one subject you just can't talk enough about: sin. .."-Barney Fife

Charity

Earl Wilson comment about projects that can be estimated accurately "once there completed". ;)

. “Somebody figured it out — we have 35 million laws trying to enforce Ten Commandments.”

Charity

I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells.
-Dr. Seuss

The Parable of oneone & twotwo, some may not understand so be nice!

1 1 was a race horse and 2 2 was 1 2
1 1 1 a race and 2 2 1 1 2

Buzzword

Since quoting oneself is suddenly appropriate...

Buzzword said:
When you give a little love to someone who has never had any, they will return it to you…tenfold.

Nothing great was ever accomplished without casualties, whether in men, money, material, or simply pride.

I find that men willing to do something in a heartbeat would repent on the second beat, once oxygen had reached the brain.

All of history is merely different people using different words for the same struggles.

Those who expect disappointment are often rewarded with having their expectations met above and beyond the call of duty.

When it comes to people, there are no such things as damaged goods. There are merely those goods which don't claim to be un-damaged (the rest are false advertising).

Three things a man never outgrows: sugar-coated breakfast cereal, cartoons, and the need for baby-talk when hurt.

What a man says while in the throes of ecstasy is that which he is afraid to say while in the throes of sobriety.

The more you focus on the weekends, the longer the workweek gets.

Sometimes the best compliment you can receive is ‘You make sense.’

Building walls merely motivates the building of catapults.

The only 'change' we get in this country is pocket change...in our tax refunds.

Sometimes the best way to feel like you're fighting the system is to be a patient driver.

Among women, there are none more attractive than those who show confidence in their endeavors, perseverance in their failures, and humility in their successes.