IS ALL SIN FORGIVEN ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How Catholic. That's right, by committing mortal sin and then NOT repenting of it you can lose your salvation. That is Catholic teaching. Welcome aboard.

Garbage. Roman Catholic Church tradition. Show in Scripture where it says there is mortal sin. Those who are saved are eternally saved. BTW, don't need to confess sin to a priest either. They only need to be confessed to God.

God's Truth

How Catholic. That's right, by committing mortal sin and then NOT repenting of it you can lose your salvation. That is Catholic teaching. Welcome aboard.

I got off that ship. Catholics don't repent of their sins, they confess them to a priest and or just feel contrite for them, and never stop doing the sin/s they confessed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't ever tangle again with me Bubba

You need to explain 1 John 5:16-17 so that all of us can see how brilliant you are. Grab a commentary and you will find the truth. You're a rookie. The only reason I won't tangle with you is that you're to darn stupid to answer posts logically and truthfully. All of your answers mix the Bible with the traditions of the church. The Bible trumps tradition in every aspect!

God's Truth

You keep saying that and yet you do not provide scripture.... what was that about your always provide scripture?
I gave a lot of scriptures from Paul.

You would have to be blind not to see them.

People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.

Firstly, Hebrews is written to.... HEBREWS... the remnant of Israel. It is NOT written to and about the body of Christ (the real one, not your bogus version).
There is no Jew and Gentile for those who come to Jesus. Jesus saves ALL the same. There are no different gospels and different ways to get saved, and different things for different people.
Secondly, Peter is ALSO written to the SAME group. As is James. It's easy to see unless you have BLINDER ON.

I gave you scriptures from Paul too and you deny them all.

None of those are relevant to salvation BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH. You, as I've said before, MASH/MIX the scriptures into a complete MESS.
Jesus IS GRACE.
I'm in CHRIST. How can I "be defiled" IN CHRIST?
By continuing to sin.

Your false doctrine of eternal insecurity is sick.

Jesus delights in the fear of God. So do I, for it helps one stay in God's love.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Isaiah 11:1 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears;
Wow, how is it that you are using the scripture OF JESUS obeying as why you DON"T fear God and have to obey?

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Col 3:3-4 KJV For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
My life is HID WITH CHRIST IN GOD. So you don't scare me a bit... But YOU should be scared, because your "obedience" will not save you.

You should fear for believing and preaching that.

Our obedience to Christ's Word is how we live in him and he in us. His words are spirit and life.

WE are NOT in John. You might want to be an Israelite, but I'm in the BODY OF CHRIST.

John was sent to preach the words of God.

The God Man died for my sins. I have nothing to fear. I'm RECONCILED to GOD IN CHRIST.

You have nothing to fear if you are obeying Him.

1 Peter 3:13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."

Rom 5:10-11 KJV For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

It means Jesus came and died for us , the whole world, and have to come to him in obedience.

It means Jesus died for us even though were didn't get circumcised in the flesh; we were uncircumcised eneimies.
2Co 5:16-21 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; (19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. (21) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

That is about not living and thinking about WHAT IS of this world and of the FLESH. It means to think of obeying Jesus and doing what he says because it is SPIRITUAL.

Praise God!!!

Get saved like me.

You preach against what Jesus says.

Rom 6:23 KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Accept the gift or perish.

Jesus gives the gift to whom he is pleased to give the gift, and he is pleased to give the gift to those who obey his beautiful powerful words.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please refrain from name calling. It will cost you your post.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You need to explain (CUT)

I did explain it all, but you haters got my post deleted. I guess I can't fight a rigged system. Have fun with all your lies and your fake phony interpretations. I don't have time to repeat myself.

But I will give you a link if you really want an answer, although I doubt that you do: LINK

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did explain it all, but you haters got my post deleted. I guess I can't fight a rigged system. Have fun with all your lies and your fake phony interpretations. I don't have time to repeat myself.

But I will give you a link if you really want an answer, although I doubt that you do: LINK

Girl, I did not mess with your post. If you mess with another of mine I will report you to Admin.

oatmeal

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This verse declares we have forgiveness for ALL sin, not as some say, only for sins we confess, and repent of.

That verse is referring to believers, those who are born again and have been walking the walk and talking the talk.

Only believers will benefit from all sins being forgiven for it takes believing to receive anything from God.

Of course, there is the one unforgivable sin, but believers are not able to sin that sin

God's Truth

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

This verse declares we have forgiveness for ALL sin, not as some say, only for sins we confess, and repent of.

No. That scripture is about the Gentiles who did not obey God by doing the purification works of the law by getting circumcised in the flesh.

God forgives the Gentiles for that and doesn't make them get circumcised before He will save them.