IS ALL SIN FORGIVEN ?

Right Divider

Body part
Confession to a priest is 2,000 year old Christianity.
You keep making false claims.

It was only rejected 500 years ago. It is still the practice of almost all Christians, those being Catholic and Orthodox. People who think like you are only a small fraction of Christians. Your view does not represent worldwide Christians.
The apostle Paul never says anything about confessing to a priest. Why is that?

And BTW I'll bet the Orthodox would find your characterization very insulting, calling it RCC "confession to the priest". They too confess their sins to a priest.
They too are confused.

You are in the fringe belief system.
So were those that followed Jesus.

I even tried to be on your side in this thread and you found a way to attack me with nonsense. Your post is nonsense here just like your post it in that political thread.
:angrymob:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post
Confession to a priest is 2,000 year old Christianity.
You keep making false claims.

I never make false claims. Ever.

What the Early Church Believed: Confession
https://www.catholic.com/tract/confession

Are all of our sins—past, present, and future—forgiven once and for all when we become Christians? Not according to the Bible or the early Church Fathers. Scripture nowhere states that our future sins are forgiven; instead, it teaches us to pray, “And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors” (Matt. 6:12).

The means by which God forgives sins after baptism is confession: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Minor or venial sins can be confessed directly to God, but for grave or mortal sins, which crush the spiritual life out of the soul, God has instituted a different means for obtaining forgiveness—the sacrament known popularly as confession, penance, or reconciliation.

This sacrament is rooted in the mission God gave to Christ in his capacity as the Son of man on earth to go and forgive sins (see Matt. 9:6). Thus, the crowds who witnessed this new power “glorified God, who had given such authority to men” (Matt. 9:8; note the plural “men”). After his resurrection, Jesus passed on his mission to forgive sins to his ministers, telling them, “As the Father has sent me, even so I send you. . . . Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (John 20:21–23).

Since it is not possible to confess all of our many daily faults, we know that sacramental reconciliation is required only for grave or mortal sins—but it is required, or Christ would not have commanded it.

Over time, the forms in which the sacrament has been administered have changed. In the early Church, publicly known sins (such as apostasy) were often confessed openly in church, though private confession to a priest was always an option for privately committed sins. Still, confession was not just something done in silence to God alone, but something done “in church,” as the Didache (A.D. 70) indicates.

Penances also tended to be performed before rather than after absolution, and they were much stricter than those of today (ten years’ penance for abortion, for example, was common in the early Church).

But the basics of the sacrament have always been there, as the following quotations reveal. Of special significance is their recognition that confession and absolution must be received by a sinner before receiving Holy Communion, for “[w]hoever . . . eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord” (1 Cor. 11:27).

Here are examples of what early Christian writers had to say on the subject of confession
: https://www.catholic.com/tract/confession

beloved57

ALL MEN

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

1 Timothy 2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

All Sheep !

beloved57

Jesus came and taught HOW TO GET SAVED, how to become sheep.

See how Jesus says you are his friends IF YOU DO WHAT HE COMMANDS.

There is no such thing what you claim. Nowhere anywhere does Jesus say you are his friends because you are predestined to be.

He tells us how to be his friends, how to be sheep.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

...and many more.

False teaching !

beloved57

Anyone can become as a lamb.

All it takes is humbleness, and obedience, repentance of sins.

Jeremiah 31:18
"I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God.

Hosea 14:2 Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to him: "Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips.

Hosea 4:16 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Matthew 15:26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

How did those dogs and pigs become sheep?

They believed and obey God by repenting of their sins and calling on him.

Even the apostle Paul was once a cut off Jew, a child of Satan.

More false teaching !

Right Divider

Body part
Paul says a person can be cut off.
Paul says that we are SEALED with the holy spirit.

2Co 1:22 KJV Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eph 1:13-14 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I cannot fail to be saved because I didn't earn it, it was a GIFT OF GOD. He is the one that is reliable and does what He says.

Time and time again Paul talks about being saved BY GRACE through FAITH. But some people try to pull their pride into the equation and boast of their own obedience.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Ignatius of Antioch

“For as many as are of God and of Jesus Christ are also with the bishop. And as many as shall, in the exercise of penance, return into the unity of the Church, these, too, shall belong to God, that they may live according to Jesus Christ” (Letter to the Philadelphians 3 [A.D. 110]).

“For where there is division and wrath, God does not dwell. To all them that repent, the Lord grants forgiveness, if they turn in penitence to the unity of God, and to communion with the bishop” (ibid., 8).

Irenaeus

“[The Gnostic disciples of Marcus] have deluded many women. . . . Some of these women make a public confession, but others are ashamed to do this, and in silence, as if withdrawing from themselves the hope of the life of God, they either apostatize entirely or hesitate between the two courses” (Against Heresies 1:22 [A.D. 189]).

God's Truth

Paul says that we are SEALED with the holy spirit.

Paul says we can be cut off.

People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.

2Co 1:22 KJV Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Don't you know that it can be a dreadful thing to fall into God's hand?

Eph 1:13-14 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
I cannot fail to be saved because I didn't earn it, it was a GIFT OF GOD. He is the one that is reliable and does what He says.

Time and time again Paul talks about being saved BY GRACE through FAITH. But some people try to pull their pride into the equation and boast of their own obedience.

You are so wrong. Read all the warning I posted.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul says we can be cut off.
You keep saying that and yet you do not provide scripture.... what was that about your always provide scripture?

People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.
Firstly, Hebrews is written to.... HEBREWS... the remnant of Israel. It is NOT written to and about the body of Christ (the real one, not your bogus version).

Secondly, Peter is ALSO written to the SAME group. As is James. It's easy to see unless you have BLINDER ON.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.
None of those are relevant to salvation BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH. You, as I've said before, MASH/MIX the scriptures into a complete MESS.

I'm in CHRIST. How can I "be defiled" IN CHRIST?

Your false doctrine of eternal insecurity is sick.

Col 3:3-4 KJV For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

My life is HID WITH CHRIST IN GOD. So you don't scare me a bit... But YOU should be scared, because your "obedience" will not save you.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.
WE are NOT in John. You might want to be an Israelite, but I'm in the BODY OF CHRIST.

Don't you know that it can be a dreadful thing to fall into God's hand?
The God Man died for my sins. I have nothing to fear. I'm RECONCILED to GOD IN CHRIST.

Rom 5:10-11 KJV For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. (11) And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

2Co 5:16-21 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; (19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. (21) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Praise God!!!

You are so wrong. Read all the warning I posted.
Get saved like me.

Rom 6:23 KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Accept the gift or perish.