Theology Club: Is God's Grace Irresistible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What is the one unpardonable sin? Has this ever occurred and are you able to name one who had committed the unpardonable sin?

beloved57

If grace was irresistible then why were not all men saved since that grace that brings salvation appeared to all men:

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" (Titus 2:11).​

Give me just one verse which supports your silly idea that grace cannot be resisted.

Just one!

Where does Titus 2:11 say anything about God's Grace for Salvation can be resisted ? That is a false statement. Neither does it say it is demonstrated that Grace for Salvation can be resisted ! So you have not gave any evidence for your false witness !

Jerry Shugart

Where does Titus 2:11 say anything about God's Grace for Salvation can be resisted ? That is a false statement. Neither does it say it is demonstrated that Grace for Salvation can be resisted ! So you have not gave any evidence for your false witness !

You prove once again that you cannot even understand the most simple things. If grace was irresistible then why were not all men saved since that grace that brings salvation appeared to all men?:

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" (Titus 2:11).​

Give me just one verse which supports your silly idea that grace cannot be resisted.

Just one!

beloved57

You prove once again that you cannot even understand the most simple things. If grace was irresistible then why were not all men saved since that grace that brings salvation appeared to all men?:

Just one!

Jerry Shugart

I already answered you and the only thing you prove is the fact that you have no answer to what I said. And I am still waiting for a verse from the Bible which says that grace is irresistible.

Can you not find even one to support your Calvinistic fables?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What is the one unpardonable sin? Has this ever occurred and are you able to name one who had committed the unpardonable sin?

It is my belief the unpardonable sin, is to accuse a Christian who produces the fruits of the indwelling Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), as being demonic.

beloved57

I already answered you and the only thing you prove is the fact that you have no answer to what I said. And I am still waiting for a verse from the Bible which says that grace is irresistible.

Can you not find even one to support your Calvinistic fables?

Mighty funny Titus 2:11 does not say a word about Grace for Salvation being resisted, that proves you are a false witness !

Jerry Shugart

Mighty funny Titus 2:11 does not say a word about Grace for Salvation being resisted, that proves you are a false witness !

The verse says that the grace which brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN. if that grace was irresistible then all those to whom that grace appeared would have been saved .

Since not all were saved then we know that some resistedthat grace.

And once again you fail to provide a single verse which says that grace is irresistible!

You just build your doctrine out of thin air!

beloved57

The verse says that the grace which brings salvation has appeared to ALL MEN. if that grace was irresistible then all those to whom that grace appeared would have been saved .

Since not all were saved then we know that some resistedthat grace.

And once again you fail to provide a single verse which says that grace is irresistible!

You just build your doctrine out of thin air!

I know what the verse says, it is what it does not say that gives you the problem ! Where does it say anything about God's Grace being resisted ?

Posted from the TOL App!

Jerry Shugart

I know what the verse says, it is what it does not say that gives you the problem ! Where does it say anything about God's Grace being resisted ?

I have already explained it to you but you prove once again that you cannot understand the most simple things found in the Bible.

To make it worse you are unable to provide even one verse that supports your idea that grace is irresistible!

Why do you just make things up out of thin air and then when asked for the evidence from the Bible to support your ideas you come up empty handed?

Where is your evidence from the Bible which supports this fable invented by the Calvinists?

Where?

beloved57

I have already explained it to you but you prove once again that you cannot understand the most simple things found in the Bible.

To make it worse you are unable to provide even one verse that supports your idea that grace is irresistible!

Why do you just make things up out of thin air and then when asked for the evidence from the Bible to support your ideas you come up empty handed?

Where is your evidence from the Bible which supports this fable invented by the Calvinists?

Where?

That verse says nothing about God's Grace being resisted ! It's apparent that you don't know how to read !

Posted from the TOL App!

Jerry Shugart

That verse says nothing about God's Grace being resisted ! It's apparent that you don't know how to read !

What is apparent is the fact that you have provided no verses to support your view that grace cannot be resisted.

The reason is simple--the Bible does not teach that fable invented by the Calvinists.

beloved57

What is apparent is the fact that you have provided no verses to support your view that grace cannot be resisted.

The reason is simple--the Bible does not teach that fable invented by the Calvinists.

Show me one word about someone resisting God's Grace in Titus 2:11

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

You have no ability to reason because you have been brainwashed by Calvinism. Here we see exactly what the Lord wanted to happen (would I have gathered thy children together) but it did not happen:
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (Mt.23:37).
You should actually read the Bible and throw your Calvinist commentary in the trash can where it belongs!

So you avoid the truth of the gospel once again. You call me brainwashed yet I've never read a book by John Calvin. The sum total of my knowledge of Calvinism comes from one small book by R. C. Sproul. And I did read another book by R. C. Sproul on the Reformation. I believe in Calvinism (TULIP) because I believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. Oh, I do not have a commentary by Calvin except the e-Sword module. I rarely refer to it. I am a follower of the teachings by Drs. John MacArthur, John Piper, Walter Kaiser, R. C. Sproul, et al. But I don't agree with any of them 100% of the time. The Bible is the arbitrary of all disagreements.

Jerry Shugart

What evidence from the Scriptures can either of you give that grace cannot be resisted.

What verse can either of you find that says that?

What evidence from the Scriptures can either of you give that grace cannot be resisted.

What verse can either of you find that says that?

“No man can come unto me except the Father who hath sent me draw him” (John 6:44); “no man can come unto me, except it were given to him of the Father” (John 6:65).

Is the words of Jesus enough? Or you going to parse that sentence to mean something else. Grace draws us to Him, not works, not free will, but grace, unmerited favor from the Father to us as stated by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

“All that the Father giveth me shall come unto me, and him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out” (John 6:37). The giving on the part of the Father in this text has been understood as the election in Christ before the foundation of the world (cf. Eph. 1:4, 5) or, at least, in terms of giving to the Son correlative with or flowing from the election. - John Murray

Jerry Shugart

“No man can come unto me except the Father who hath sent me draw him” (John 6:44); “no man can come unto me, except it were given to him of the Father” (John 6:65).

Is the words of Jesus enough? Or you going to parse that sentence to mean something else.

Everything changed at the Cross and now all men are drawn to Him:

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" (Jn.12:32).​

If God drawing men to the Lord proves the idea of irresistible grace then all men would be saved according to John 12:32. But we both know that that has not happened. So John 6:44 does not prove that grace is irresistible.

Are the words of the Lord Jesus at John 12:32 enough? Or you going to parse that sentence to mean something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.