Is Homosexuality a Disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassjester

Moved from ACW's thread.

Are homosexual desires and behaviors inherently disordered (ie, divorced from the biological function(s) of sex)?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Moved from ACW's thread.

Are homosexual desires and behaviors inherently disordered (ie, divorced from the biological function(s) of sex)?

Homosexuality is a chosen sin of the flesh. It's not a disease or something you're born as. It also happens to be an abomination to God according to the Old Testament.

glassjester

Homosexuality is a chosen sin of the flesh. It's not a disease or something you're born as. It also happens to be an abomination to God according to the Old Testament.

I agree.

Are those desires inherently disordered?
In the other thread, I compared homosexuality to pica (the desire to eat nonfood items).

Desires to eat nonfood items are considered disordered in the sense that they are not ordered toward the actual biological purpose(s) of eating.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree.

Are those desires inherently disordered?
In the other thread, I compared homosexuality to pica (the desire to eat nonfood items).

Desires to eat nonfood items are considered disordered in the sense that they are not ordered toward the actual biological purpose(s) of eating.

No, it's more like a sin to commit adultery, drunkenness, perversions, etc. It's just another sin of the flesh.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Then you have not heard gay men talk. There were some in town here awhile back; they were hairdressers, go figure, why there are so many more gay men hairdressers than there are gay truck drivers. They were known as being gay mainly because they had gay voices, effeminate, and soon very few women would have their hair done there. This is why the gay issue is not big here, they do not stick around.

glassjester

Then you have not heard gay men talk. There were some in town here awhile back; they were hairdressers, go figure, why there are so many more gay men hairdressers than there are gay truck drivers. They were known as being gay mainly because they had gay voices, effeminate, and soon very few women would have their hair done there. This is why the gay issue is not big here, they do not stick around.

I have noticed that they talk strangely, yes.
Some of them, anyway.

I just didn't see how that related to the thread.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Moved from ACW's thread.

Do heterosexuals engage in sexual behavior which won't lead to procreation?

(That's a rhetorical question, btw.)

Are heterosexuals inherently disordered for performing those acts?

(That question is for you.)

Selaphiel

Moved from ACW's thread.

Problem with arguing from teleology is that assigning telos for things is a rather arbitrary exercise. If the biological function of drinking is quenching the thirst, then drinking whisky, cognac or any other strong spirit is disordered as well, it is counter productive as it is diuretic. Of course, we drink for other reasons than just quenching the thirst, However, that begs the question of whether humans have sex for more than mere reproduction as well.

Secondly, if it serves no biological function, it really is a mystery as to why it is so prevalent across a very wide variety of species of animals, at such a steady rate as well. That would seem to indicate that it has been selected for. It seems to serve some sort of societal function in other species, since it is rather prevalent in animals that are societal.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have noticed that they talk strangely, yes.
Some of them, anyway.

I just didn't see how that related to the thread.

It hints that something else besides sinful nature is involved with male homosexuals. We say they sin in the act, not in the nature, thus there is a nature component.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Too many Christians blindly accept the Old Testament's comments on homosexuality blindly, despite the fact that they were written during the bronze age by primitive middle eastern tribesmen who knew absolutely nothing about human sexuality or psychology and who knew absolutely nothing about how either the mind or the body function, and who believed in an imaginary bronze age Semitic sky god who supposedly hates gay people .
I thought mankind had progressed far beyond the bronze age . But apparently, too much of it
hss yet to . The same primitive, ignorant attitudes toward homosexuality exist in Islam to this day also .

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It hints that something else besides sinful nature is involved with male homosexuals. We say they sin in the act, not in the nature, thus there is a nature component.

Consider this, and now I am switching from medical to religious:

We are all fallen, and our natures are all disordered as a result. We all have a tendency to one sin or another, be it drunkenness or anger or abuse or gluttony or jealousy, or whatever.

Most of us recognize our problem and do our best not to give into it. Some are bad off and need help, like addicts, and others can master their disorders.

The homosexual has been told by society that their problem is NOT a problem. Thus, homosexuals have been done a gross unfairness by society, the same society that encourages other people with different disorders to get treatment.

The alcoholic who is not in denial knows he must abstain, and it is not "hate" to tell a friend that he actually is an alcoholic and needs help. Its actually the right thing to do. Likewise, the homosexual who is not in denial must know that he must abstain, and it is not "hate" to tell a friend that he actually does suffer from the disorder of same-sex attraction. But nobody has the courage to, except a few of us.

We do not need "sky god" comments. Keep it on your gay forum please!
"The Horn" is an imbecile and a moron.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Berean

Too many Christians blindly accept the Old Testament's comments on homosexuality blindly, despite the fact that they were written during the bronze age by primitive middle eastern tribesmen who knew absolutely nothing about human sexuality or psychology and who knew absolutely nothing about how either the mind or the body function, and who believed in an imaginary bronze age Semitic sky god who supposedly hates gay people .
I thought mankind had progressed far beyond the bronze age . But apparently, too much of it
hss yet to . The same primitive, ignorant attitudes toward homosexuality exist in Islam to this day also .
Aren't you a Jew?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The horn may be a homo and a moron, but what is worse, he is a big old troll because he is spanning the forum with contrary statements for no purpose of debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.