Is Homosexuality a Disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark M

Should Trump lose, there will be an outcry of "it's all their fault for refusing to support our candidate" ... when in actuality, it would be the fault of those who did not choose a superior candidate to run on the Republican ticket. By superior, I mean ANY of the other candidates ...
The best Republican candidate rose to the top. Donald Trump

Sent from my Coolpad 3320A using Tapatalk

musterion

It is the point...that you are trying to evade.

I didn't say it was a primary function. I asked if it was inherently disordered.

Right. I'm probing the use of the term "inherently disordered" by your side. I asked if everything we do has to come back to some biological function, and you said yes. And then you challenged me to come up with a counterexample, of which whistling is one. And now you're flailing around trying to explain how it's not also considered a sin to whistle.

We're not dealing with equations here. Obviously, there are important differences between oral sex, anal sex, and P in V sex. That's why people, and not just gay people, have each of those different forms of contact. What your side needs to justify is a purposeful interpretation of the body that would positively forbid its use in several of these ways without contradicting yourself or reaching an absurd conclusion like that whistling is inherently disordered.

There's no one here who is confused about the role that genitals play in the perpetuation of the species. What is being rejected is this notion that we're all somehow, at least in matters of sex, slaves to your notions of the purposes of a human body.

Nature doesn't intend. It's a nonsense-question.

Anus =/= vagina. All the wishing in the world won't make it so. To insist that they are sexually equivalent on ANY level is disordered. And to DESIRE it is disordered.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The best Republican candidate rose to the top. Donald Trump

No ... though you have every right to your opinion and to vote your conscience like the rest of us ... just as Cruz stated. Trump is not a conservative ... but rather an well-known, angry celebrity who has tapped into the anger that many Americans are feeling. I get the anger ... just not the supporting of the only liberal who was running as the Republican candidate.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
♫Somewhere,
between the sacred silence and sleep..♫

:drum:

Nothing but crickets from them on applying any of this to heterosexuals.

The majority of the AIDS virus- and nearly altogether Syphilis- rests solely in one tiny demographic percentage.

Can you guess which one it is?
You see, there's nothing but crickets among liberals and the media on these type of things. Psychopaths, pedophiles- which demographic do they largely come out of, AnnaBanna?

It's amusing to hear the politically correct talk about *crickets* :rolleyes:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Somewhere, between Crucible's cerebral cortex and his keyboard:

trainwreck.jpg

gcthomas

The whole idea that nature intended a specific function doesn't match reality, I'm sure that nature didn't intend me daily remove the beard that nature keeps trying to grow back for me.

It is true that reproduction is necessary for the continuation of the species, but it doesn't care how that is done.

Nature had made sex enjoyable so that people want to have sex often. Notice that this is independent of wanting to reproduce, but as long as plenty of people are having sex the species will continue, no matter that the majority of acts will not produce a baby.

Other things are important for the species, such as couples sticking together to support children, and regular sex is important to avoid frustration, even if no more children are produced. This sort of maintenance sex, since reproduction not necessary, can be of the sort of which many here disapprove. But nature rarely has one useful function for features of organisms as that would be wasteful. The bonding role of sex is well established, and the nature of this sex doors not need to be restricted to that which could fertilise an ovum.

This 'nature intended' argument is pure balderdash - it really means 'what I would like nature to have intended if biology worked like my myopic view of it was right'.

What benefit can homosexuals add to a population's reproductive success? Without children of their own they tend to support the raising of nephews and nieces who share many of their own genes, so helping to propagate their own genes, albeit indirectly. (See earlier post for a research paper detailing this observed effect.)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This 'nature intended' argument is pure balderdash - it really means 'what I would like nature to have intended if biology worked like my myopic view of it was right'.

What benefit can homosexuals add to a population's reproductive success? Without children of their own they tend to support the raising of nephews and nieces who share many of their own genes, so helping to propagate their own genes, albeit indirectly. (See earlier post for a research paper detailing this observed effect.)

It was kind of surprising to see a "what nature intended" argument put forward by a creationist.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
That speaks volumes about the state of the republican party
Yes, we put up a successful businessman against a corrupt lying hag. I'm cool with that Mr Donkey

It was kind of surprising to see a "what nature intended" argument put forward by a creationist.

AnnaBenghazi gets stupid again. God is the author of the laws of nature. Your post is more typical AnnaBenghazi ignorance.

Here's your gang:

CoJUQR2UkAAn7W6.jpg

MrDante

♫Somewhere,
between the sacred silence and sleep..♫

:drum:

The majority of the AIDS virus- and nearly altogether Syphilis- rests solely in one tiny demographic percentage.

Can you guess which one it is?
You see, there's nothing but crickets among liberals and the media on these type of things. Psychopaths, pedophiles- which demographic do they largely come out of, AnnaBanna?

It's amusing to hear the politically correct talk about *crickets* :rolleyes:

Women account for 58% of the known cases of HIV/AIDS
The second largest HIV/AIDS demographic group is children under the age of 14.

http://www.who.int/en/

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
It is feasible that this is true.
But it is biologists who know what the rules are.
I think the average person knows the basic laws, yes? I don't need to be a lawyer to know when I am breaking the law, and I don't need to be a biologist to know that homosexuality is disordered and abnormal.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Women account for 58% of the known cases of HIV/AIDS
The second largest HIV/AIDS demographic group is children under the age of 14.

http://www.who.int/en/

83% of ALL people diagnosed with HIV are homosexual men, and they give it to the women, who then have the children.

But nice dodge in openly making women appear the victim of nearly everything. Killing two bird with one stone- dismissing reality AND perpetuating an agenda. Bravo :rolleyes:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
83% of ALL people diagnosed with HIV are homosexual men, and they give it to the women, who then have the children.

But nice dodge in openly making women appear the victim of nearly everything. Killing two bird with one stone- dismissing reality AND perpetuating an agenda. Bravo :rolleyes:

Mr Donkey is a pinhead

Status
Not open for further replies.