Is Homosexuality a Disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Should Trump lose, there will be an outcry of "it's all their fault for refusing to support our candidate" ... when in actually, it would be the fault of those who did not choose a superior candidate to run on the Republican ticket. By superior, I mean ANY of the other candidates ...

Yes.

But if he wins, on whom will they blame his ineptness as President?

rexlunae

Whatever unnatural acts heterosexuals decide to engage is totally besides the point. People fly, people scuba dive, people race at 200mph, all unnatural acts as well, but people who do them are not mentally disordered.

You're just sorting without systemizing. What is the principle that allows you to say that certain acts are OK and others are not?

This thread is about "Is Homosexuality a Disorder?". A disorder is a thing of the MIND, and same-sex ATTRACTION is a thing of the mind. Yes, it is a disorder.

An opposite-sex attraction is also "a thing of the mind". Does that mean that all sexual attraction is disorder?

This is really simple: The most base instinct in ANY species is to procreate and perpetuate the species. Therefore, if you have an aversion to intercourse with the opposite sex, then the normal main instinct that you should have is skewed and disordered. If someone actually has an aversion to intercourse with the opposite sex, that is disordered: it is diametrically opposed to the most core instinct we have.

That's overly simplistic and assumes a strange servitude to biological functions which we don't hold in any other case. I can't think of a good reason to go along with it. Is there a shortage of new babies?

musterion

No, probably not. But it can whistle. That's the point.

Fool,

No, that's not the point.

First, there are people who for whatever reason are unable to whistle. They just never learn, don't have the skill, whatever. Whistling is NOT a primary function of the oral cavity. So...bad example on your part.

Second, the topic here is sex. So...just because a penis can be inserted into a mouth does not mean mouth = alternative vagina. That's the point you're and your pals here are trying to make about both mouth and anus, but simple anatomy and physiology refute you. Always has, always will.

Go back to his question earlier: Will you go on record and state that nature intended the species-propagating penis be inserted into the waste-disposing rectum, just as it is intended to be inserted into the vagina? As far as human sexuality goes, are the two openings absolutely equal? Yes or no.

musterion

No. Should it be?

No, of course it shouldn't. The vagina is the vagina, the rectum is the rectum, the mouth is the mouth. Equating the sexually, as some perverts on this thread are flailing to do, is anatomically, physiologically, structurally, immunologically, evolutionarily and plainly wrong.

Glad to know you also consider them perverts.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
:think: I noticed that ... using the argument that something is "harmful" or "unnatural" is null and void when not applied across the board.

That's the type who'll say oral sex is a sin - and then say that they themselves walk in the spirit, so they can't sin... effectively allowing themselves the ability to do whatever they want while condemning all the people they hate. Maybe they've got some self-hate going on there.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's the type who'll say oral sex is a sin - and then say that they themselves walk in the spirit, so they can't sin... effectively allowing themselves the ability to do whatever they want while condemning all the people they hate. Maybe they've got some self-hate going on there.

Indeed ... which actually would apply in the case of Trump as well. Adultery, multiple marriages, abortion bad ... depending on who is advocating it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing but crickets from them on applying any of this to heterosexuals.

:think: I noticed that ... using the argument that something is "harmful" or "unnatural" is null and void when not applied across the board.

So apply it across the board, it still stands-

As always, *I* do. IF a practice is wrong for homosexuals, it is equally wrong for heterosexuals. Promiscuity is ALWAYS risky regardless of the sexuality of the individuals involved. Abortion is ALWAYS wrong regardless of the circumstances of how the pregnancy occurred ....

It's a fairly simple concept ...

rexlunae

Fool,

No, that's not the point.

It is the point...that you are trying to evade.

First, there are people who for whatever reason are unable to whistle. They just never learn, don't have the skill, whatever. Whistling is NOT a primary function of the oral cavity. So...bad example on your part.

I didn't say it was a primary function. I asked if it was inherently disordered.

Second, the topic here is sex.

Right. I'm probing the use of the term "inherently disordered" by your side. I asked if everything we do has to come back to some biological function, and you said yes. And then you challenged me to come up with a counterexample, of which whistling is one. And now you're flailing around trying to explain how it's not also considered a sin to whistle.

So...just because a penis can be inserted into a mouth does not mean mouth = alternative vagina.

We're not dealing with equations here. Obviously, there are important differences between oral sex, anal sex, and P in V sex. That's why people, and not just gay people, have each of those different forms of contact. What your side needs to justify is a purposeful interpretation of the body that would positively forbid its use in several of these ways without contradicting yourself or reaching an absurd conclusion like that whistling is inherently disordered.

That's the point you're and your pals here are trying to make about both mouth and anus, but simple anatomy and physiology refute you. Always has, always will.

There's no one here who is confused about the role that genitals play in the perpetuation of the species. What is being rejected is this notion that we're all somehow, at least in matters of sex, slaves to your notions of the purposes of a human body.

Go back to his question earlier: Will you go on record and state that nature intended the species-propagating penis be inserted into the waste-disposing rectum, just as it is intended to be inserted into the vagina? As far as human sexuality goes, are the two openings absolutely equal? Yes or no.

Nature doesn't intend. It's a nonsense-question.

Status
Not open for further replies.