Is Homosexuality a Disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDante

Here are facts:
Same-sex attraction is now the "non-disorder formerly known as disorder." It was a disorder in the DSM I and II. That it is not listed as a disorder in the DSM IV, does that mean that it is not a disorder? Of course not. The APA can be wrong. The current APA thinks that they were "wrong back then," and "right now." But certainly, the opposite may be true, that is was right back then and wrong now. The fact is, the APA did not discover one single shred of evidence that caused it to remove same-sex attraction as a disorder. It was pure politics. Remember: The APA is a lobbying group; it is not a bunch of doctors who are pure as the driven snow.

You still haven't presented any facts

musterion

You still haven't presented any facts

Vagina → reception of penis/semen, and childbirth

Mouth → ingestion of food and drink; speech

Anus → waste elimination

A sixth grade health class teaches that much.

Those are all the facts you need.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What counts as 'evidence' for things like this takes a laughably trivial relevance to what they will dictate as evidence for things that go against them.

In other words, everything of 'innate homosexuality' is based on what either gays merely state or studies which presume utterly after the fact.

It's not real science- it's bias from a bunch of pretentious people and so called 'experts' being pushed to tell them what they want to hear.
Ever since that seal burst open, you see what trails behind the homosexuality- we now are facing demands that women can be born in male bodies.

You know how you go about the people who perpetuate that nonsense? You call them out on their real intention, which is why they even join the boards- to wage a war on Christianity.

MrDante

What counts as 'evidence' for things like this takes a laughably trivial relevance to what they will dictate as evidence for things that go against them.

In other words, everything of 'innate homosexuality' is based on what either gays merely state or studies which presume utterly after the fact.

It's not real science- it's bias from a bunch of pretentious people and so called 'experts' being pushed to tell them what they want to hear.
I can't help but notice that you provided no evidence to support any of this.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Catholic Crusader, what makes you think I'm gay just because I support gay rights ? I also support prevention of cruelty to animals, so I guess this means I'm a cow. Sheesh ! Millions of heterosexual Americans support gay rights. Its the decent thing to do .

rexlunae

The mouth evolved to whistle?

No, probably not. But it can whistle. That's the point. Evolution doesn't work on some preconceived notion of what a feature was designed to do. It works based on what can be done with it. That's the problem with taking a teleological view of biology, as Selaphiel put it.

That is some stupid reaching right there. You got nothing, just say so.

It's a simple example, and it wouldn't take you more than a moment to answer if you contemplate it honestly. So why don't you give me a straight answer: Do you think that whistling is inherently disordered? And if not, why not?

Selaphiel

Did nature intend a penis to go in a waste-disposal anus? Yes or no.

Nature is a personal agent with intentions now? Did nature intend for the appropriation of the Type III secretory system in bacteria to be appropriated as a base for the flagellum in some bacteria? What a pervert!

It does however seem that nature selects for features that are beneficial for the perpetuation of a species. Homosexuality is present across the animal kingdom, which suggests that it is selected for at a population level, which means it aids in the perpetuation of the species. In that case, the appropriation of parts of the human anatomy for the expression of homosexual sexuality, then that is also a function for that anatomy.

You fail to comprehend even basic evolutionary theory.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Catholic Crusader, what makes you think I'm gay just because I support gay rights ?...
Just asking, that's all.

By the way, there is no such thing as "gay rights", so once again you are displaying your ignorance. There is a Bill or Rights that all American citizens have. There are no gay rights, latino rights, womens rights, animal rights, or any other separate rights.

By not voting for your man-crush?

Nice try AnnaBenghazi, but too weak.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By not voting for your man-crush?

Should Trump lose, there will be an outcry of "it's all their fault for refusing to support our candidate" ... when in actuality, it would be the fault of those who did not choose a superior candidate to run on the Republican ticket. By superior, I mean ANY of the other candidates ...

gcthomas

You seem unaware of what actual science has done to illuminate what you would wish to be thoroughly obscured in the darkness of religious dogma. Try this, for example:

Two evolutionary psychologists, Paul Vasey and Doug VanderLaan of the University of Lethbridge, Canada tested this idea for the past several years on the Pacific island of Samoa. They chose Samoa because males who prefer men as sexual partners are widely recognized and accepted there as a distinct gender category—called fa'afafine—neither man nor woman. The fa'afafine tend to be effeminate, and exclusively attracted to adult men as sexual partners. This clear demarcation makes it easier to identify a sample for study.

Past research has shown that the fa'afafine are much more altruistically inclined toward their nieces and nephews than either Samoan women or heterosexual men. They are willing to babysit a lot, tutor their nieces and nephews in art and music, and help out financially—paying for medical care and education and so forth.

This is an obvious evolutionary advantage for homosexual men as it tends to preserve their genes for future generations. It could explain why homosexuality persists in the population when evolution would otherwise have removed this tendency from the gene pool long ago.

Perhaps, if you disagree, you could offer whatever it is that you imagine to be real science.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.