Is Homosexuality a Disorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Stop spanning obscene trash or get banned!!!

Please report me. I reported you for standing up for judgmental heterosexuals that are spared by Grace ALONE.

I'm a hetero-sexual, forgiven sinner, saved by Grace ALONE, and I am disgusted by people that sin differently and act like they are sinless.

That judgment is against the teachings of Jesus, and I am a servant of the Servant King.

JESUS BLASTED HYPOCRACY!!!

You disgrace His sacrifice and stand as money changers that would charge admission to Heaven.

He turned your disgusting table over, 2000 years ago.

e082f0ba15eed97fbf8990bd46fc3b32.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I don't care who said it, its still correct: hate the sin love the sinner

And you be nice too. What you said about me worshiping a pagan goddess was VERY obscene.

I have never insulted the Catholic Church.

I stand by you, in all of the b.s. Infighting posts against you.

I only point out Islam.

They venerate the black stone of Dianna in the Kubba.

You misunderstood me.

I apologize for not being clearer brother.

I ask your forgiveness.

You are my brother in Christ! Please link me to the post and I will expound on it. I am so sorry that I assumed that my words were clear.

I am genuinely apologetic.

I'm looking for the post now, but will fix it faster if you know the link.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

rexlunae

I think he meant, is it strictly a thing of the mind or is physical sex part of what it is.

That's not how I understood the question. We're talking about disordered versus not disordered, or "normal".

To me a disorder is a thing of the mind.

That's just not how the word is used. You must have seen ads on TV for IBSD drugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_disorders

It's certainly common to describe mental problems as disorders, but it's also fairly common, perhaps less so, for physical ailments to be call disorders. Maybe part of the reason it's so common to use "disorder" for mental conditions is that the symptoms can be more vague, but it's not a real distinction.

musterion

Does everything that we do have to come back to some biological function?

Anatomically, yes. Form follows function. If you can think of an anatomical example that contradicts this principle (not "alternative uses") feel free to describe it.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Of course it is.

Particularly, if you get crushes on, and fall in love with, members of your own sex, instead of with members of the opposite sex, that's disordered, plainly and clearly. Your desire is for a spouse, which is right and good, and you're only interested in others of your own sex, which is beyond your control. It's disordered.

A perfectly chaste homosexual is still suffering from a disorder or an affliction that most people don't have to deal with, and they require our support, just as anybody else who's suffering from an affliction requires it too.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right, I am saying these signs are proof of something more than social conditioning; they are rooted in biological differences, not what some call 'mental' they are more organic.

If you believe the 'act' of homosexuality is sinful, then only the act itself is wrong, as it seems to me, if gay men had to hide their sexuality in early life, they would not have talked and acted so different.

By *hiding it*, I meant not admitting they were gay ... even though everyone around them sensed it.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but apparently it's "chosen"...

Why would anyone choose a path of persecution?

That is non sense.

Many Homosexuals have killed themselves from the shame that the judgmental representatives of Jesus instill in them.

Those who instill shame and condemn have failed to understand the message of Christ.

There is a genuine fold that takes Judge not seriously and Love your neighbor as yourself, even more seriously.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, but apparently it's "chosen"...

IF that were the case, that would mean heterosexuality is also *chosen* ....

Nah, I am going to stick with the "born as". I have yet to hear anyone give the specifics on the time and date that they decided they were straight.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
By *hiding it*, I meant not admitting they were gay ... even though everyone around them sensed it.
yes, i know what you meant. They hide it as in trying to hide it, but their behaviour betrays them.

Arthur Brain

Why would anyone choose a path of persecution?

That is non sense.

Many Homosexuals have killed themselves from the shame that the judgmental representatives of Jesus instill in them.

Those who instill shame and condemn have failed to understand the message of Christ.

There is a genuine fold that takes Judge not seriously and Love your neighbor as yourself, even more seriously.

It is nonsense. It's simply the fact that puritans need to insist on it being a "choice" unfortunately, despite the fact that if you're straight it's not one you could make. Bonkers...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
IF that were the case, that would mean heterosexuality is also *chosen* ....

Nah, I am going to stick with the "born as". I have yet to hear anyone give the specifics on the time and date that they decided they were straight.

Right. Most girls like their bodies, but when boys go through puberty, the girl go boy crazy, you know. Then some boys go boy crazy and they come to dislike their bodies, but as they mature they come to like their bodies and even though they like being male, they are still boy crazy. The very few who never like their bodies are very messed up.

Now, this is NOT the same as boys who grow up naturally liking girls, and are girl crazy,. yet have never developed inner trust, so they cannot totally love a girl and then obsesses on becoming a girl

This is volumes of psychological and psychoanalytic theory made simple.

One cannot know all this, then hate people for the developmental problems, just because the problems are primary and sexual.

If any censorship is based outside religion, then one is bigoted and a bit disturbed, like some we know

Note my correction makes it different on hetero men who have severe trust issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.