It's All Buddha

wickwoman

You’ve heard the saying: “it’s all good.” There are things that happen to us and we judge them constantly as good or bad. The first key: they do not happen TO us, they just happen. The second key: they are neither good nor bad, they just are.

This is a Buddhist way of thinking about the things that arise that we would judge as good or bad: “it’s all buddha.” For all that happens is part of the whole. The good parts of us, the bad parts of us, are all part of our essence. Without the experiences that shape us – good and bad – we would not be the people we are today. Without the experiences that will come along today and tomorrow, we would not be the people we are to be in the future.

It’s about living without resistance to what comes along, surrendering to our lives with appreciation for things as they are, appreciating every moment as part of a the greater whole that is our life.

I hear the doomsday messages of some religions today and think to myself lately, “it’s all buddha.” I am not alarmed at the growth of “sin.” When I see the world, I see the evolution of humanity towards an ever higher awareness of the earth, ourselves, and of God.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peace, love and joy, man! :vomit:

Wickwoman, you might want to lay off the mushrooms.

beanieboy

You da bomb, girl!

If a christian mocks you for love, peace and joy, rejoice in that.

The thing that I learned when studying Buddhism is that those who you see as your enemy actually make you learn the most - force you to be patient, to return evil with kindness, to be humble, to let go of anger. Instead of carrying burdens, I was thankful for another challenge and opportunity to grow.

Thanks for the cool post.

JoyfulRook

It's all, like, good wicky! Like, Peace out dude, I think i'm gonna, like, fall over from that overdose, dude! But Listen to this dude, it's like all profound, dude... :rolleyes:

ShadowMaid

Re: It's All Buddha

Originally posted by wickwoman

You’ve heard the saying: “it’s all good.” There are things that happen to us and we judge them constantly as good or bad. The first key: they do not happen TO us, they just happen. The second key: they are neither good nor bad, they just are.

This is a Buddhist way of thinking about the things that arise that we would judge as good or bad: “it’s all buddha.” For all that happens is part of the whole. The good parts of us, the bad parts of us, are all part of our essence. Without the experiences that shape us – good and bad – we would not be the people we are today. Without the experiences that will come along today and tomorrow, we would not be the people we are to be in the future.

It’s about living without resistance to what comes along, surrendering to our lives with appreciation for things as they are, appreciating every moment as part of a the greater whole that is our life.

I hear the doomsday messages of some religions today and think to myself lately, “it’s all buddha.” I am not alarmed at the growth of “sin.” When I see the world, I see the evolution of humanity towards an ever higher awareness of the earth, ourselves, and of God.

Wickwoman, so it seems to me, that whatever happens, you just go alone with it. Am I correct?

Well, I'm not going to let homo's into my house. I'm not about to let homo's talk to my siblings. I'm not about to let a druggie offer them drugs, and I'm not about to support putting them in a corrupt school.

I am going to resist, and I'm going to fight really hard to keep my siblings away from is evil!

JoyfulRook

It's not really true it's just when we're talking about Current Events and stuff, the worlds evil and we don't like it! :rolleyes:

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by beanieboy

Why are christians such unhappy, angry people?

I'm angry because there shouldn't be such thing as homo's... but there is. I'm angry because there shouldn't be such thing as sexual intercourse out of marriage... but there is. God abhors these sins, and I abhor them also.

PureX

Re: It's All Buddha

Originally posted by wickwoman

Excellent post! Thanks!

ShadowMaid

Are you angry at yourself?
You are a sinner, too, you know.

No... I'm not angry at myself... should I be?

Yes, I know I'm a sinner. And I'm trying to put away by sinnful ways, and take after Jesus.

Balder

Just don't tell the cranky old Zen masters that it's all Buddha. Whenever they see the Buddha on the road, they want to kill him. If everything is Buddha, we'd have quite a mess...

Just kiddin', wick!

Thanks for shedding a little radiance in here!

Peace out the revolution,

Balder

beanieboy

Originally posted by ShadowMaid

No... I'm not angry at myself... should I be?

Yes, I know I'm a sinner. And I'm trying to put away by sinnful ways, and take after Jesus.

I see.
So you are angry at OTHER sinners.
But are more forgiving of yourself.

beanieboy

You know, the whole idea of "if it feels good, do it" makes a lot of sense.

For example, I love smoking. I like the way it feels. But does it "feel good"? No. Whenever I smoke, I think about the fact that what stays on filter is a lot like what stays on my lungs. I have a harder time breathing the more I do it. And the whole time, I think, I should really stop this.

So, following the "feels good" formula, I know that I need to stop, because it doesn't feel good internally.

If right and wrong are written on your heart, it won't feel good.

JoyfulRook

Are you angry at yourself?
You are a sinner, too, you know.

Actually when your a Christian God blots out your sins, and covers it with "CHRISTIAN" so even if you sin, youre no longer a "Sinner".

beanieboy

Originally posted by Dread Helm

Actually when your a Christian God blots out your sins, and covers it with "CHRISTIAN" so even if you sin, youre no longer a "Sinner".

There is a parable about a man that owed a huge debt.
He was forgiven the debt, and went on his way.
He then came to another man who owed him a small debt. He refused to forgive the debt.
When the first man found this out, he said, "I forgave you a large debt, and you cannot forgive the small debt in another. So because you have not forgiven the small debt, I will not forgive your large debt."

What does that mean, exactly?