It's Star Wars Day, Let's Hate On It

One Eyed Jack

For the record, Boba didn't die. After having conversations with people who'd been eaten decades before (turns out all that talk about being digested for a thousand years was true), he escaped from the belly of the Sarlacc.

And Yoda was 900 years old. Strong was he in the Force, but not that strong.

WizardofOz

For the record, Boba didn't die. After having conversations with people who'd been eaten decades before (turns out all that talk about being digested for a thousand years was true), he escaped from the belly of the Sarlacc.

Yup! All covered in
148039417.JPG

All this hatin on Star Wars has ruffled some feathers! :madmad:

Obiwan Kenobi Charged With Hit And Run In Roseville

Police arrested Kenobi, 37, over the weekend, because he allegedly caused a 5-car collision in Rosevill and fled the scene in his Toyota, reported KSSW.

The wreck caused several injuries, according to media reports.

Darn you dark side

The Berean

Say what you will about the prequels but the Annikan vs Obi-Wan duel blows away all the light sabre duels from the originals!

Quincy

I love Star Wars and LOTR

What?! He was encased in carbonite at the end of ESB and was freed in the opening of RotJ. Missed half the saga? Which half?

Ummm, well the good half of the only decent film!

For someone who hates the franchise...you sure know a LOT about it. :chuckle:

:chuckle: , I research good sir :D . No I have watched the films, I don't like them except for the 5th one but I do love the games. I pick up a lot of the story from them.

:mock: Jar Jar Binks
:mock: Hayden Christensen

Those two are hard to defend.

Padme's acting was atrocious too, let's be honest...... :eek:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Boba Fett is one of the most over rated movie characters of all time. He should go out in undramatic fashion.

Kids

Quincy

Of course you do. You're just a little Star Bob Wars Pants. I bet you have those cutrains with Han, the robots and something about an Empire on them!

@ Town Heretic

Well, I may have liked them more if I was blown away by them when they originally came out. But, that would be more nostalgia talking then the films actually being quality pieces of work. IMO :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I was never a fan of the original Star Wars movies - they were just too gay for my taste. I've enjoyed watching Rogue One. And have enjoyed the reboot with Rey, Fin, Poe, etc. Much less gay.

Funny that you would bump this today- I just watched the first episode of The Mandalorian. Not gay at all.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I was never a fan of the original Star Wars movies - they were just too gay for my taste. I've enjoyed watching Rogue One. And have enjoyed the reboot with Rey, Fin, Poe, etc. Much less gay.

Funny that you would bump this today- I just watched the first episode of The Mandalorian. Not gay at all.

I bumped it because Darth Vader died today and I did not want to start a Star Wars thread so I searched for an existing thread instead. I do that sometimes.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I bumped it because Darth Vader died today and I did not want to start a Star Wars thread so I searched for an existing thread instead. I do that sometimes.

Fun to see all the old regulars who aren't active anymore from 8 years ago.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My husband told me the other day about the death of David Prowse.

Lonster

The philosophy of it is crap.
Not sure I'd go that far. It is certainly and purposefully elementary: George Lucas: 'I see “Star Wars” as taking all the issues that religion represents and trying to distill them down into a more modern and easily accessible construct […] I put the Force into the movie in order to try to awaken a certain kind of spirituality in young people – more a belief in God than a belief in any particular religious system. I wanted to make it so that young people would begin to ask questions about the mystery.'

He'd further said he wanted kids to know there was 'God and the devil, a good and a bad, and they have to make a choice...'

Gold? No, and it had a bit of Eastern mysticism in the portrayal, but I do do think his hope and philosophy of getting kids to think about God was admirable.