Its true if you stop and think about it

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
10687171_10152739746308118_3973485987326466755_n.jpg

PureX

To "see" is to interpret our visual sensations. To "believe", is to then accept those interpretations as fact.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
11231856_1630403007235397_7897875397698955985_n.jpg

Okay. This one isn't exactly true no matter how long you think about it, but it is funny!

I'm probably overthinking but in a weird way it can be true. Think of life on earth and the temperature and conditions that foster life. Cool but not too cold; not too hot either, yet here we are.

PureX

Actually, "seeing" is as much mental interpretation as it is visual stimulation. And interpretation is based squarely on our current conception of reality. A conception that we clearly "believe in", even though we know it is likely to be erroneous in many ways.

So I would say that seeing really IS believing in that recognition is based on our pre-conception of reality: i.e., what we believe reality to be.

PureX

Sadly, I don't think this is true. I think it's true that we are a collective species, and therefor will thrive by helping each other instead of competing with each other. But I don't think it's true at the present time, that if we spend our lives helping others, that when we are in need, there will be someone there to help us. I wish it were true, but I have not seen it to be so.

If we choose to help others, we need to do it without expectations of return.