Jesus is God? Or Jesus is begotten of God?

Lon

Christians here at TOL, do you believe that God and Jesus are the exact same being? Or do you think that Jesus is divine and begotten of God but not the same being?

From the words of the new testament it seems to me that Jesus is a separate entity. For example he says that even he doesn't know when the end times are, and that only God does. How could Jesus not know what God does if they are the exact same being?
John 1:1 "...with [both] and was..." not either/or. All cults are 'cults' because they think 'either/or' instead of reading plain English: "...was with God AND was God..." (both/and). How? is not as important as the reported fact. That is what every cult misses on this: Jesus Christ the Word-made-flesh, is both '...with God and was [is] God." That verse is incredibly clear.

keypurr

After Jesus was baptized he was anointed with the Spirit of God.

When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water and behold the heavens were opened to Him and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. (Matthew 3:16 NKJV)​

The spirit Christ is a Spirit of God.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did not pre-exist birth. Christ is not a name for non-messiahs, and David was a messiah by Jewish Law. The logos and the tetragrammaton YHWH are one and same in John 1:1-3. The Holy Spirit is God as father. Mary's virginity didn't cause her to be pure. If Jesus was part of Yahweh, the resurrection would have had nay a merit. Should we believe God raises the dead based a psuedo god the son?

keypurr

Ok, then it was not the express image who indwelt Jesus, it was the Holy Spirit.

Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness. (Luke 4:1 NKJV)​

I disagree, Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit AND power. Acts 10:38. The express image was given the fullness of the Father, that is a lot of power.

keypurr

John 1:1 "...with [both] and was..." not either/or. All cults are 'cults' because they think 'either/or' instead of reading plain English: "...was with God AND was God..." (both/and). How? is not as important as the reported fact. That is what every cult misses on this: Jesus Christ the Word-made-flesh, is both '...with God and was [is] God." That verse is incredibly clear.

Now try it in this language Lon.

ARAMAIC ENGLISH NEW TESTAMENT

YOCHANAN (JOHN)
Chapter 1
1. In the beginning was the Miltha. And that Miltha was with Elohim. And Elohim was that Miltha.
2. This was with Elohim in the beginning.
3. Everything existed through his hands……….

Miltha refers to the “Manifestation” of the Ruach haKodesh within Mashiyach. The physical body of Mashiyach is not the Word of YHWH, but his words and actions demonstrate the Will and Word of YHWH, which upholds observance of Torah.

Miltha is the spiritual son of Elohim (God).
Mashiyach refers to Messiah Y’shua (Jesus Christ)
YHWH is the name of the most high God.
Ruach haKodesh is the Holy Spirit.
Elohim is God or a god, it can refer to more than the creator.

The Greek to English translations only confuse the truth.

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
The passage refers to a singular logos, which is the hebrew name of God. A logos is just one statement in Greek, and the word logoi is also used in the New Testament.

For example Matthew 7:26, καὶ πᾶς ὁ ἀκούων μου τοὺς λόγους τούτους καὶ μὴ ποιῶν αὐτοὺς ὁμοιωθήσεται ἀνδρὶ μωρῷ ὅστις ᾠκοδόμησεν τὴν οἰκίαν αὐτοῦ ἐπὶ τὴν ἄμμον

"And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:"

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Considering textual evidence for the right rendering of Matt. 24:36

Considering textual evidence for the right rendering of Matt. 24:36

The angels are created beings and nowhere does it say that they are made in the image of God. That is only said of man.

You must understand that Jesus is BOTH God and man. He did not give up His deity when He came down from heaven.

When Jesus said that "Mat 24:36 KJV But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.", He was not excluding Himself, as He has the same Spirit as His Father (i.e., the Spirit of God).

Hi RD,

You may be aware that more evidence exists in more reliable manuscripts (external and internal) for the inclusion of "nor the Son" in the verse Matt. 24:36, as its clearly stated also in Mark 13:32, of the Son not knowing the time of his coming, but only the Father. If it is true that the more reliable manuscripts and external/internal evidence for the inclusion of "nor the Son" support this rendering, then to be "textually accurate" we have the Son NOT knowing, which implies limited knowledge. If you'd like to look at a good analysis of this with a conclusion see this article here.

Here are a few translations that DO have the inclusion of "nor the Son" in their translations because of manuscript evidence. Of course some manuscripts omit "nor the Son", but you'll see that theological issues (during the height of the Arian controversy) probably were behind the omission in some manuscripts, but not all.

Matt. 24:36

New International Version

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

English Standard Version

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

New American Standard Bible

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

International Standard Version

"No one knows when that day or hour will come —not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

English Revised Version

But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Berean Study Bible

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christians here at TOL, do you believe that God and Jesus are the exact same being? Or do you think that Jesus is divine and begotten of God but not the same being?

From the words of the new testament it seems to me that Jesus is a separate entity. For example he says that even he doesn't know when the end times are, and that only God does. How could Jesus not know what God does if they are the exact same being?

Dear Greg,

You ask some VERY Pertinent questions, I must admit. Even things I didn't think of. Jesus was supposed to know when the time was near, but not the day or hour. That's all. Still, this being the case, you can tell that God is the Father and Jesus the Son, or Jesus would not be the exact same being as God. They ARE DIFFERENT!!! Well, your third post has a powerful pack to it also. About the seals being opened. Worthy is the Lamb to break the seals. I know what you are saying!! Very Good Job!!

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I disagree, Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit AND power. Acts 10:38.

Your disagreement is with scripture, not with me. The Holy Spirit is not given through baptism, it is given through anointing which is what the Greek Christos means. Jesus of Nazareth is the Anointed One not the baptized One.

...God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit... (Acts 10:38 NKJV)​

Jamie Gigliotti

In my humble opinion, the oneness of God, the oneness of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and even those that make up the Spiritual Body of Christ, His church is beyond our earthly comprhension, our minds have limits here. I do think its awesome to try and understand God more, but with an understanding we have limits, so our pursuit won't inhibit what we can grasp. At one time in my life my desire to know the answers with absolute certainty to such questions left me thinking in my pride it was all meaningless. As if I could somehow totally understand God.

"The exact same being" question, in my understanding would be no. The differences I see that don't have to inhibit oneness are location, authority and form. The question for us to answer the best we can is what is God's oneness.

God says He fills the Heavens and the Earth, obviously that is His Spirit, as Jesus says "Our Father who art in Heaven". Jesus said many times His Father was in Heaven and He was going back to Him there In my mind the form and location really are just window dressing in our minds and the real oneness comes in the essence of who God is. The same mind, the same love, the same Holiness, the same power, the same unity among the Father, His Son and the Holy Spirit. They agree always; they are one. The only difference among them is who has the final Authority. Jesus made that perfectly clear in everything He did and said that the Father is the Orchestrator.

Zeke

Depending on ones interpretation of the words, the strict legal aspect of the meanings of them differ from the common use of them, The Order/Priest class use them differently than the profane/common man/beast of the field under their debt scheme of the OT.

Matt 11:11 throws some unwanted light on the light Jesus represented and the meaning of his type of birth in flesh Galatians 4:28, as well as Luke 17:20-21 concerning the location of the Kingdom of God which is a inward story told in various outward drama/parabolic/allegorical ways through ancient writings. The literal obsession of the drama being actual history in the observable kingdom of men is the killer/mental slavery 2Cor 3:6.

The two Fathers, Mothers, and Siblings through scripture shows the first represents the physical birth while the second is the spiritual one in the first born of the flesh Galatians 4:24-28, Gen 32:30, not two separate physical siblings, but the dual mind becoming one/balanced in a physical kingdom/world run on perverted duality.

Ben Masada

Jesus is God? Or Jesus is begotten of God?

Neither. Jesus was neither God nor begotten of God. He was rather against the idolatry of comparing God with a man. (Deut. 4:15,16)