Jesus is God !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, but your wrong.

Lord does not mean God.
Jesus was elevated to his lordship by his God who is his Father.
Jesus never said he was God.

KP, why does Thomas say to Christ; "And Thomas answered
and said unto him, My Lord and my God." Huh? (John 20:28)

kayaker

If you don't believe the words of the bible then I can understand why you believe that Jesus is not God. For anyone who believes in the bible I will say let me show you something. Genesis 2:4 states that God (which means creator) became Lord God. The bible does not state the God became Lord until creation was finished. The word Lord means owner. Lord God means he is owner of creation. If Jesus claims to be Lord (according to the bible) Jesus automatically is God. The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell there in.

God = Lord.

A hearty welcome to TOL, Kingdom Citizen! Ben Masada seems to think Jesus practiced Judaism... a religion Paul defected from, btw. John 8 was a chapter on 'who's ya daddy' respectfully. Jesus' divine authenticity was challenged by the circumcised Pharisee Shelanite descendants of the prophesied progenitor of our Messiah via Judah; but, those impostors (Revelation 2:9, 3:9) were via Judah and his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:1, 2, 1Chronicles 2:3). Those Shelanite impostors challenged Jesus' birth certificate in John 8:13 KJV. Jesus said both He and His Father were TWO witnesses testifying to Jesus' divinity (John 8:17 KJV). Good luck finding anyone who can discern these two divine testimonies in John 8, btw.

Jesus was sent by His Father (John 8:18). Jesus was taught what to say by His Father (John 8:28, 42). Jesus pleased His Father (John 8:29 KJV). Many believed Jesus' words (John 8:30). In fact, by submitting to crucifixion Jesus was loved by, and followed the command He received from His Father (John 10:17, 18). It doesn't appear Jesus pleased Himself, taught Himself, loved Himself, sent Himself, received a command from Himself to submit to crucifixion, or did so according to Jesus own will (Luke 22:42).

I do proffer Jesus and His Father were 'made' of the same 'substance.' Nonetheless, two witnesses... are two witnesses. But, like I said... good luck on discerning their two testimonies in John 8. Thanks for your post, Kingdom Citizen... welcome aboard!

kayaker

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Light, many projections......

One Light, many projections......

i may have spoken prematurely, i don't know enough of your beliefs yet:think:

Quite prematurely since you don't know the half of it. Concerning the Urantia Papers, I've already given you the information link and full address to GM concerning such so you can do your own homework, if learning has value for you. More on the UB is found in the thread dedicated to it. My writings are quite accessible here and elsewhere, my religious/spiritual/philosophical interests rather eclectic, since truth is a universal reality and study,...moreover being the science of life or consciousness itself. This includes all, is all.

I've addressed the 'belief' here about Jesus being 'God' in a more challenging way, philosophically speaking, since our definition of 'God' varies and and is furthermore qualified by the context in which we are relating or claiming such.

See: Only God is God (follow all links)

The statement "Jesus is God !"...throw in an exclamation point if you like, proves nothing. In fact is has no meaning or value but to the one claiming or relating such within a certain belief-system or cult-ure' where such a belief or dogma is 'assumed', and nowhere else necessarily, since anyone not familiar with such an idea or its 'terms'(criteria, qualifications, reasons, etc.), is oblivious to such a concept. Other religious cults and traditions have their own 'gods' and 'goddesses', or other abstract or non-personal abstractions of God, or a combination therein.

'God' is 'no-thing' and 'every-thing'. So?

This thread takes 'preaching to the choir' to an all time high (serving a certain sect within Christainity), then pummels it down to an all time low when universal metaphysics are applied, since 'God' is the source of all that exists, the life-essence, energy and consciousness that originates, pervades and encompasses creation. God is all. God is love, light, spirit, truth, reality, infinite intelligence, life itself. God is all these...and MORE.

All 'else' is a conception, image, representation, assumption, form of 'God' or 'consciousness' being related in one way or another, within various frameworks and mythologies, just different stories mirroring one central primary REALITY, interpreted/ translated variously, since it is natural that one universal LIGHT undergo various 'translations' (or reflections) of ITSELF in the play of CREATION. This is all there is, and all that is going on.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Light on the Ranch......

Light on the Ranch......

Freelight is a "Cultist" He rejects Christianity and follows
what the Internet calls, "A UFO Cult!" He clings to the
Urantia Book (Papers) which has its connections to the
"Occult!"

My studies in comparative religion, philosophy and metaphysics includes much more than the Urantia Papers, so you are a day late and dollar short, missing the forest for the trees, having a penchant to misrepresent and malign a caricature of your own making, bedazzled by your misconceptions and trends towards fantasy.

Don't forget, you've been corrected here,...and elsewhere. You have no exuse or justification to ignore your 'corrrections' ormisrepresent and subvert the facts.

As far as actually engaging a respectful, civil, creatively stimulating dialogue with you, this has always been available to you, provided you have courage and tact to do so. We await for such an opportunity, since this is a discussion forum, and it is respectful to honor it as such by at least being creative and constructive here. Unfortunately some seem to have greater pleasure being a buffoon or troll of sorts for reasons beyond me.

But hey,..."Jesus is God!"....why? uh....well on the face of it,....the answer is apparently "because I said so!" :idunno: - its a wild world.

Throw the subtle intricacies of 'Christology' ontop of this all, and you have more than a super-salad to enjoy,....a smorgasbord of toppings :TomO:

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My studies in comparative religion, philosophy and metaphysics includes much more than the Urantia Papers, so you are a day late and dollar short, missing the forest for the trees, having a penchant to misrepresent and malign a caricature of your own making, bedazzled by your misconceptions and trends towards fantasy.

Don't forget, you've been corrected here,...and elsewhere. You have no exuse or justification to ignore your 'corrrections' ormisrepresent and subvert the facts.

As far as actually engaging a respectful, civil, creatively stimulating dialogue with you, this has always been available to you, provided you have courage and tact to do so. We await for such an opportunity, since this is a discussion forum, and it is respectful to honor it as such by at least being creative and constructive here. Unfortunately some seem to have greater pleasure being a buffoon or troll of sorts for reasons beyond me.

But hey,..."Jesus is God!"....why? uh....well on the face of it,....the answer is apparently "because I said so!" :idunno: - its a wild world.

Throw the subtle intricacies of 'Christology' ontop of this all, and you have more than a super-salad to enjoy,....a smorgasbord of toppings :TomO:

pj

Sorry, as usual, I couldn't take the time to peruse your post
in a proper manner. However, from past experience (with you)
I can tell there's nothing of value or substance to what you have
to say!

Therefore, I "eggnore" about 96 1/2 percent of what you're
'trying to say' and merely glance over the remaining few words,
just to be respectful. I have to admit, I have very little patience
for "Cultists" and their constant jabbering about UFOs, little green
men, time travel, shadow people, and other dimensions!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
laziness, ignorance and bigotry.............

laziness, ignorance and bigotry.............

Sorry, as usual, I couldn't take the time to peruse your post
in a proper manner. However, from past experience (with you)
I can tell there's nothing of value or substance to what you have
to say!

Thanks for admitting you're too lazy, incapable and intellectually indolent to even engage in a respectful intelligent dialogue,...this pretty much disqualifies you for any discussions here whatsoever, which leaves trolling as the only other available career choice for you. How inspiring.

Therefore, I "eggnore" about 96 1/2 percent of what you're
'trying to say' and merely glance over the remaining few words,
just to be respectful.

I've been FAR more charitable to you in my case, while this appears to be a contrived gesture, to save some face, and appear that you are not a total buffoon,...but some might contest that. I'd wear a bib too, while you wipe the egg off your face.

I have to admit, I have very little patience
for "Cultists" and their constant jabbering about UFOs, little green
men, time travel, shadow people, and other dimensions!

Don't fool yourself,...you haven't the intellectual honesty or fortitude to be properly educated about the subject you've been corrected about, but prefer your inane presumptions and tactics of ridicule to give your ego a thrill, while the rest is just a religious game to engage to relieve your otherwise general boredom of normal human existence. I'd prefer to assume you can do better.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for admitting you're too lazy, incapable and intellectually indolent to even engage in a respectful intelligent dialogue,...this pretty much disqualifies you for any discussions here whatsoever, which leaves trolling as the only other available career choice for you. How inspiring.

I've been FAR more charitable to you in my case, while this appears to be a contrived gesture, to save some face, and appear that you are not a total buffoon,...but some might contest that. I'd wear a bib too, while you wipe the egg off your face.

Don't fool yourself,...you haven't the intellectual honesty or fortitude to be properly educated about the subject you've been corrected about, but prefer your inane presumptions and tactics of ridicule to give your ego a thrill, while the rest is just a religious game to engage to relieve your otherwise general boredom of normal human existence. I'd prefer to assume you can do better.

pj

"In all the business of the kingdom I exhort you to show just judgment and keen wisdom. Present not that which is holy to dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample your gems under foot and turn to rend you." UB 1955

Aimiel

Neither of you are born again, so you cannot even SEE The Kingdom; and yet both of you try to exclude others, who quite obviously ARE born again Christians. Wow. Pretty silly. :duh:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

pj

While back he ask if something could heal his back pain. Fibromalysia is a bunch of emotional mind garbage looking for extra spaces in the body to store it's bitter unconscious memories. Over time with his agony and bitterness his back wouldn't get unblocked by the healing Qi. Over time, he gets more back pain. The more he does what he does, the more pain he will have in his back.
Keep up withe your good work for another 10 years and watch his back slowly cripple him due to his emotional storms frying himself.

giphy.gif

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Neither of you are born again, so you cannot even SEE The Kingdom; and yet both of you try to exclude others, who quite obviously ARE born again Christians. Wow. Pretty silly. :duh:
So you are happened again, and are dead. Why are you posting, demon? :rapture:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
While back he ask if something could heal his back pain. Fibromalysia is a bunch of emotional mind garbage looking for extra spaces in the body to store it's bitter unconscious memories. Over time with his agony and bitterness his back wouldn't get unblocked by the healing Qi. Over time, he gets more back pain. The more he does what he does, the more pain he will have in his back.
Keep up withe your good work for another 10 years and watch his back slowly cripple him due to his emotional storms frying himself.

giphy.gif

That looks painful!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That looks painful!

So much in pain, he constantly trolls you and freelight.

He can't troll me cause I faithfully don't feed trolls.

You and freelight keep feeding trolls.

Trolls don't want healing. They want to stay ugly.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
heal my pain......

heal my pain......

I'm sure some physical ailments can affect ones behavior, but I don't know all the details involved. I'd also never wish any ill-will or harm on another (basically black magick), but engage a person lawfully within any given context, here being one of 'dialogue, discussion, debate' on various subjects. Unlike some versions of God's justice entertained, I don't subscribe to torturing others, and much less for eternity.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
starve em out?

starve em out?

So much in pain, he constantly trolls you and freelight.

He can't troll me cause I faithfully don't feed trolls.

You and freelight keep feeding trolls.

Trolls don't want healing. They want to stay ugly.

Perhaps a new thead on the psychology of 'religious trolls' may be a fun new project? This would just give them more food I suppose :think:

pj

Ben Masada

According to Jesus himself in Luke 16:21, the Kingdom of Heaven is not to be seen but to be within every one ready to invite it in as it is only a peaceful state of mind.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure some physical ailments can affect ones behavior, but I don't know all the details involved. I'd also never wish any ill-will or harm on another (basically black magick), but engage a person lawfully within any given context, here being one of 'dialogue, discussion, debate' on various subjects. Unlike some versions of God's justice entertained, I don't subscribe to torturing others, and much less for eternity.

pj

I teach da dao Chan gong twice a week and the opposite of ill wishing anyone but I do teach that a person ill wishes on themselves. Thats what I have be saying. You can tell in posts such emotions that leads to thier ailments. If you don't let them know, they wont know. My point is to make known what harms the body. The sickest are the trolls. You could to step up the plate and speak of healing in UB. What does UB speak of healing?

" The perfect Dao is without difficulty, save that it avoids picking and choosing. Only when you stop liking and disliking will all be clearly understood. A split hair's difference, and heaven and earth are set apart! If you want to get the plain truth, be not concerned with right and wrong. The conflict between right and wrong is the sickness of the mind."