Jesus taught existence after death

way 2 go

There is
1 spiritual death Mat_8:22 Rev 20:12
2 physical death Mat_8:22
3 death as a place Rev 20:13

Mat 8:22 And Jesus said to him, “Follow me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead.”

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

oatmeal

Jesus taught existence after physical death

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’

Abraham, Lazarus and The rich man all dead Physically.

The rich man is also dead spiritually and in the place of the dead. Rev 20:13

There is:
1 spiritual death Mat 8:22
2 physical death Mat 8:22
3 death as a place Rev 20:13

That was a parable.

Unless it was a parable Jesus would have contradicted scripture

He used the logic and beliefs of those who opposed the truth to show their error.

They should have believed what Moses said

way 2 go

That was a parable.

He used the logic and beliefs of those who opposed the truth to show their error.

Jesus used Truth you know that's who he is

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Luk 16:19-31 all of it is truth

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Lon

Jamie they will never get it.

:plain: Luke 16:19

DO tell.... :think:

Jesus taught the people in parables.

"All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them." (Matthew 13:34)
:plain: :doh:

:mmph: "Laymen!" :mmph:
The rich man symbolizes the Judeans, the poor man symbolizes the Gentiles.

Do tell :think: Make sure it is clear exegesis and not random eisegesis fast and loose with the text.

clefty

Jamie they will never get it.

Get what? Physical water in hades to cool spirit tongues? Yeah good luck with that...

Again, man was never immortal...even in the garden of Eden he was dependent on the tree of life...

And when we are resurrected restored and glorified but still NOT immortal...the tree of life will be available to us again...

HalleluYah

clefty

That was a parable.

Yahushua was all about healing and bringing comfort to the sorrowful...nothing more comforting than believing a loved one is safe and secure in the bosom Abraham...

Except when asked about Lazarus, Yahushua said he was sleeping and then clarified it stating Lazarus was dead...not sleeping it off to heal and recover...and certainly not sleeping in Abraham’s bosom...

He could have said so to bring comfort with a nice fib but instead He told the truth...Lazarus was dead...

And dead enough to cry over...NOT all safe and sound resting comfortable in Abraham’s bosom...

And then imagine Him bringing Lazarus up from Abraham’s bosom...”Thanks a lot...There I was all safe and secure in Abraham’s bosom but noooo now I gotta go work again to pay all these funeral bills”...

way 2 go

Get what? Physical water in hades to cool spirit tongues? Yeah good luck with that...
you are mocking Jesus to try and discredit what he said

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

I will believe what Jesus said in luke 16:24 to be true

Again, man was never immortal...even in the garden of Eden he was dependent on the tree of life...

no death until they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

And when we are resurrected restored and glorified but still NOT immortal...the tree of life will be available to us again...

HalleluYah
no

1Co_15:54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

clefty

you are mocking Jesus to try and discredit what he said
not mocking Him...you are the one who thinks physical water exists in hades to cool spirit tongues...you are the one insisting this popular story was retold by Him as a teaching documentary of the afterlife...

Some others even believe He meant for the crowds following Him to literally eat Him...to cannibalize Him...

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

I will believe what Jesus said in luke 16:24 to be true
some say Santa comes down chimneys...it is true...true that it is a popular story

no death until they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

Gen 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Gen 3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”...is why man was thrown out of the garden and the way to the tree of life was prevented to him...man was not created immortal but dependent on the tree of life...and when denied access he would die...see? NOT immortal...

no

1Co_15:54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

To put on something means receiving something not of yourself...only Yah is immortal...and finally restores access to the tree of life...

way 2 go

I believed we will all be raised. But at death we go into a sleep.
well thankfully your believing it does not make it so .

:nono:
spirit goes to be with the lord now , unlike Lazarus who went to Abraham's side but is now with the lord . Eph 4:8

Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

2Co_5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

glorydaz

spirit goes to be with the lord now , unlike Lazarus who went to Abraham's side but is now with the lord . Eph 4:8

Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

2Co_5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Exactly....because Christ has risen. :thumb:

keypurr

If your right the Bible is wrong.

clefty

Paul is clear we are with the Lord only upon resurrection of the dead upon His return

not even He was in paradise that day...

what happened that day is that He said “you will be with me in Paradise”...arriving when the rest of dead in Him do...shortly after resurrection day

Absent from the body IS NOT immediately present with the Lord...to be absent the body AND present is only after the resurrection day...

keypurr

Php 1:23 For I am pressed together by the two: having a desire to depart and to be with Christ, which is far better.

I feel the same way as Paul did when he wrote these words, but he knows that he will wake in what will seem like a second even if it takes a million year for his return for us. This does not prove your point friend.

keypurr

Where is Paradise?

If you say heaven I will tell you that three days later Jesus said he had not seen his Father yet.

In Luke 23:43 the comma is in the wrong place.

way 2 go

Paul is clear we are with the Lord only upon resurrection of the dead upon His return
wrong

not even He was in paradise that day...
God

what happened that day is that He said “you will be with me in Paradise”...arriving when the rest of dead in Him do...shortly after resurrection day
today
Absent from the body IS NOT immediately present with the Lord...to be absent the body AND present is only after the resurrection day...
if the Christian's physical body is dead then his spirit is present with the lord which is why Paul would rather that. :duh:

way 2 go

I feel the same way as Paul did when he wrote these words, but he knows that he will wake in what will seem like a second even if it takes a million year for his return for us. This does not prove your point friend.

if the Christian's physical body is dead then his spirit is present with the lord which is why Paul would rather that

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

way 2 go

Where is Paradise?

If you say heaven I will tell you that three days later Jesus said he had not seen his Father yet.

In Luke 23:43 the comma is in the wrong place.

comma is in the right place.

where is God ?

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

keypurr

comma is in the right place.

where is God ?

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

It was not the Holy Ghost that made him the Christ, it was the logos. You need to talk less and read more if you want truth.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

What is that POWER?

And the WORD (logos) became flesh...….