ECT Jesus, The Man part of Him

Cross Reference

Yes, you're right. The mediator thing: I feel scripture teaches that it's not "when" Jesus became our mediator, that was after His assent into heaven.

Before than but after His resurrection or else He could not have administered the Holy Spirit for indwelling the Disciples per John 20:22.

However, what was He before that, God or man? If God, He didn't need to be proven. If man then He did have to be and succeeded in to be approved by God per Acts 2:22.

All of this I press on you is to point up the glory awaiting men who truly love Him. This obvious, but needs be searched out glory, extends well beyond the nominal preaching of salvation and arguing to make sure everyone gets it the way our doctrinal persuasion demands it as being correct.. Escaping hell is incidental to all of this.

The important factor is: what qualifies Him to hold that office?

You must mean, "what qualified Him that He now holds that office"?

Short answer: Being the Body prepared for which the Word of God was submitted to to guide and Spiritually enable, Jesus protected. That very same Life indwelling Him we, who are born again, must also protect that we become as He is, by adoption.

A mediator has to represent both parties, in this case God and man and as I've already stated Jesus was the answer to Job's prayer when he longed for someone to mediate between him and God, someone to lay his hand on both of them. As man He is qualified and as God He is qualified.

Upon being approved of God, Jesus need not have been God. He thought it not robbery not to be equal with Him and for reasons already stated.

No perfect man would be qualified nor would God alone be so qualified as they could only represent one side. It's the what and the who not the when.

Pete 👤

Jesus, the man, full of Grace and Truth; full of the Holy Ghost and with Power and intimate Union in and with the Father, was the handshake between God and man. He was that at His beginning and protected His relationship from "cradle to grave", with God His Father; every step of the way and with His Life hanging on a cross consummated the full intent of the purposes of God, i.e., that God would have many sons just like Him..

Indeed, Jesus, the man, IS NOW out mediator pleading our cases, the advocator Adam never had, between God and man however, He could not ever have been such without paying that price that qualified Him.

Cross Reference

Yes, you're right. The mediator thing: I feel scripture teaches that it's not "when" Jesus became our mediator, that was after His assent into heaven. The important factor is: what qualifies Him to hold that office? A mediator has to represent both parties, in this case God and man and as I've already stated Jesus was the answer to Job's prayer when he longed for someone to mediate between him and God, someone to lay his hand on both of them. As man He is qualified and as God He is qualified. No perfect man would be qualified nor would God alone be so qualified as they could only represent one side. It's the what and the who not the when.

BTW the literature is available. I don't know if it's online, you may have to hunt around a bit. However, try the ministry of messianic Jew Arnold Fructombaum, don't know if I've spelled that correctly.

Pete ��

Thanks rev!

Can't we agree that if the scriptures don't support it, why bother giving it any weight to any argument?

I read Nicodemus didn't understand. That says it all for me. Furthermore, Nic moves on in Christ, not ever again thinking his lack of knowledge would be a handicap given he had been persuaded in his spirit he was in the presence of the Lord __ and with the promise he would soon learn: "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6 (KJV)