ECT Jesus, The Man part of Him

revpete

Yes, Jesus' mom is the only woman ever impregnated by the Holy Spirit which makes Jesus the only person physically begotten by the Holy Spirit.

We are not physically begotten by the Holy Spirit but we are spiritually begotten by the Holy Spirit. How can we be born of the Spirit if we are not begotten by the Spirit?

Adoption means someone other than the Father would be our Father but Jesus said, "...but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" (John 20:17 NKJV)

We have the same Father spiritually that Jesus has. Therefore, in the spiritual sense we have the same Father as Jesus.

That's not what scripture says. After we are led to repent by God's grace The Holy Spirit regenerates our dead spirits giving us new life from God who justifies us, giving us the righteousness of Christ. Thus we are accepted by God and forgiveness is ours on the basis of the shed blood of Christ. Being born again was a teaching well known in rabbinical literature. Every rabbi would have been familiar with it. Nicodemus would've known that there were six ways in which a man could be born again. Jesus was using terms that He knew Nicodemus would know and that's all there is to it. It was a term employed in Jewish teaching. Jesus used the same method in His parables and one of the basic rules of hermeneutics is that you never build a doctrine on a parable because it's open to too many interpretations, cults do it regularly. Every Christian is an adopted child not a begotten child, that's what scripture says. Show me a verse that says that we are begotten. You have mis-interpreted the words of Jesus by not being familiar with the background. BTW an adopted child has every right to call God his/her father or as Paul says Abba.

Cross Reference

That's not what scripture says. After we are led to repent by God's grace The Holy Spirit regenerates our dead spirits giving us new life from God who justifies us, giving us the righteousness of Christ. Thus we are accepted by God and forgiveness is ours on the basis of the shed blood of Christ. Being born again was a teaching well known in rabbinical literature. Every rabbi would have been familiar with it. Nicodemus would've known that there were six ways in which a man could be born again. Jesus was using terms that He knew Nicodemus would know and that's all there is to it. It was a term employed in Jewish teaching. Jesus used the same method in His parables and one of the basic rules of hermeneutics is that you never build a doctrine on a parable because it's open to too many interpretations, cults do it regularly. Every Christian is an adopted child not a begotten child, that's what scripture says. Show me a verse that says that we are begotten. You have mis-interpreted the words of Jesus by not being familiar with the background. BTW an adopted child has every right to call God his/her father or as Paul says Abba.

Pete, it is time to do something with the scripture given you that countermands what you just wrote. Lets not ignore and keep going but reply before doing so. Please review my posts.

Cross Reference

Well the MODE you're in sure isn't.

But MODS determine what goes on in the forums, NOT you.

I think the TOL Legend tag line has gone to your head.

What makes you think that as a "Mod" I wouldn't know that and make such determinations? Like I said, consider yourself fortunate I am not.

StanJ

What makes you think that as a "Mod" I wouldn't know that and make such determinations? Like I said, consider yourself fortunate I am not.

I didn't say that but apparently you DO have a problem with spelling and writing.
BTW, you would never qualify to be a MOD. They by definition are moderate when dealing with membership.

Cross Reference

I didn't say that but apparently you DO have a problem with spelling and writing.
BTW, you would never qualify to be a MOD. They by definition are moderate when dealing with membership.

I also have a problem with liars, belittling posters who say you have a problem spelling and writing, cultish people who misrepresent the words of others to protect their bent, those with axes to grind, puffed up know-it-alls and people in general whose minds are made up snapped shut and are too proud to admit they wasted their money going to seminary when corrected or have otherwise learned something they should have learned in seminary but won't admit it.. Lurkers being the exception.

StanJ

I also have a problem with liars, belittling posters who say you have a problem spelling and writing, cultish people who misrepresent the words of others to protect their bent, those with axes to grind, puffed up know-it-alls and people in general whose minds are made up snapped shut and are too proud to admit they wasted their money going to seminary when corrected or have otherwise learned something they should have learned in seminary but won't admit it.. Lurkers being the exception.

So then you don't like yourself? That would be a good place to start... learning how to love yourself and not your words.
Seminary obviously didn't work for you and all the equivocation in the world won't hide that fact.
I think it's best you just LEARN to admit when you're wrong or don't know, and others will be less demanding of you to be accountable for your words.

Cross Reference

So then you don't like yourself? That would be a good place to start... learning how to love yourself and not your words.

Wrong. I'll start with you everytime. You are the template for the fool. Glib and empty.

Seminary obviously didn't work for you and all the equivocation in the world won't hide that fact.

Wrong again. I never attended for reasons quite obvious when reading many who did attend.

I think it's best you just LEARN to admit when you're wrong or don't know, and others will be less demanding of you to be accountable for your words.

You are free to think anyway you choose, bunk. I choose to now leave you to your untoward spiritual spittoons.

Cross Reference

The OP is about being "born" of God. Why don't you get on topic instead of making stupid, silly, untoward statements without biblical support?

You obviously have no idea what being born of God means even though Jesus explained what he meant by that term.

:zoomin:

The fact that Jesus was begotten of God doesn't mean He was born of God. It is we who are born again who are born again of God. He conceived and formed in the womb of Mary by the sinless "seed" of His Father.

Lets see this with what David wrote about himself: "Behold, in my mother's womb was I conceived by my father's sinful seed. In sin was I formed." Psalm 51:5 (KJV) In this, David could thus say he was born in sin of his mother, not his father. So we can see the only way Jesus could escape the curse of Adam was by the "seed of His Heavenly Father" impregnating an egg in the ovary of the vessel Mary, making it possible for Jesus to be born of a woman without sin. (See Gal 4:4. NASB; Luke 4:1-14 KJV) That is why it is true that Jesus is the only begotten of the Father.

Cross Reference

For revpete when ever he returns:

After we are led to repent by God's grace the Holy Spirit regenerates our dead spirits giving us new life from God who justifies us, giving us the righteousness of Christ.

Under what circumstances do you believe we might have received such a leading by God if we were depraved? God never made man to redeem him, irrespective of the fall. To the contrary we read that God turned man over to reprobation when man refused to retain God in his thinking and then the Noah built the Ark.

Thus we are accepted by God and forgiveness is ours on the basis of the shed blood of Christ.
Only on the basis that we continue in the Faith by which we were saved.

Being born again was a teaching well known in rabbinical literature. Every rabbi would have beenfamiliar with it. Nicodemus would've known that there were six ways in which a man could be born again.

Where is all of this rabbinical literature that it can be referenced to explain what it is you’re saying here?

Jesus was using terms that He knew Nicodemus would know and that's all there is to it. It was a term employed in Jewish teaching.

Nicodemus knew no such term as “born again”

Jesus used the same method in His parables and one of the basic rules of hermeneutics is that you never build a doctrine on a parable because it's open to too many interpretations, cults do it regularly.

And Jesus wasn't even referring to Nic's salvation/eternal life. This all only makes the "promise of the father" so much more important a necessity for understanding and teaching the word of God.

Every Christian is an adopted child not a begotten child, that's what scripture says.

Scripture says we, are children of God if we are born again of his spirit, the same spirit that indwelt Jesus. To us it has been given the right and power to become His [adopted] sons. John 1:12 KJV. The pattern for that is Roman where the father of the wealthy household turns the child over to the hired/slave schoolmaster for his child to ‘learn’ him. At the end of his education is he then officially adopted back by his father to represent the father in all his business. Speaking of Jesus: “Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, Hebrews 5:8-9 (ESV)

revpete

Pete, it is time to do something with the scripture given you that countermands what you just wrote. Lets not ignore and keep going but reply before doing so. Please review my posts.

Yes, you're right. The mediator thing: I feel scripture teaches that it's not "when" Jesus became our mediator, that was after His assent into heaven. The important factor is: what qualifies Him to hold that office? A mediator has to represent both parties, in this case God and man and as I've already stated Jesus was the answer to Job's prayer when he longed for someone to mediate between him and God, someone to lay his hand on both of them. As man He is qualified and as God He is qualified. No perfect man would be qualified nor would God alone be so qualified as they could only represent one side. It's the what and the who not the when.

BTW the literature is available. I don't know if it's online, you may have to hunt around a bit. However, try the ministry of messianic Jew Arnold Fructombaum, don't know if I've spelled that correctly.

Pete 👤

StanJ

Wrong. I'll start with you everytime. You are the template for the fool. Glib and empty.

Pretty much standard fair denial on your part, which doesn't hold much weight as far as I am concerned, and probably most others on this thread.

Wrong again. I never attended for reasons quite obvious when reading many who did attend.

Well wrong is wrong, regardless of a persons education, or lack thereof.

You are free to think anyway you choose, bunk. I choose to now leave you to your untoward spiritual spittoons.

You state the obvious CR, and your vehemence is quite expected. Scratch a wolf in sheep's clothing and see the beast come out.