ECT Jesus, The Man part of Him

Cross Reference

While on Earth and before His glorification, Jesus was the Christ of the Word of God He was given to protect; the Word of God who was equal to the Godhead Who would subject Himself the humanity of a man, a human body prepared for Him. While now being one in the same, both were subjected, for a determined period of time, to each other. Neither had rule over the other but were always in complete agreement; submitted to one another.

Jesus was the prepared human manifestation of the Word of God, perfect in all His ways. He would be glorified in that manner by His obedience to be forever the Word of God in Divine human flesh.

Jesus never wavered in His vulnerable state of responsibility that He would be our example of what God will have all those born of Him from above for that day when these truly "crucified and abandoned to Him" saints, will join Jesus in the air to return with Him in "clouds of glory".

Paul lived by His imparted Life per Gal 2:20.

Cross Reference

God could not have been man to redeem mankind. It would have against the rules of engagement set in the 'heavenlies' looking on, i.e., man could only redeem man otherwise, Satan wins.. That is why Jesus had to be born of Adam's seed, could not have been of another creation, nor be a body sent down from Heaven who was God but, could only a man's body prepared on Earth in which the Word of God from Heaven would reside but in complete subjection to the humanity of that body and the humanity of that body in subjection to the indwelling Word of God, the body of course being Jesus.. That is scriptural truth. Submission in both directions.

Jesus’ demonstration of obedience gives us a glimpse of God's little "if's" mentioned in the scriptures, i.e., "If" you will do this, I will do that, being walked out in His life in such a perfect way as to make even the hint of censorship by God, out of the question. It also points up Jesus as our example in understanding how handling the glory of God as intended be arrived at as the result of our obedience when born again.

By His living out the Life of the Word of God IN His humanity, Jesus was continually "Full of Grace and Truth" released to Him by the indwelling expression by the "Living Word" of the very substance of the Heart of the Father, imparted to His Heart.. By such obedience and allegiance to His Father, Jesus was approved by Him to be that man. Jesus, the Man of God, soon to be followed by greater titles higher even than God’s Name, could not be denied Him!

Question: If you believe Jesus had to be or was God at the time before the cross, why the need for Him to be approved?

In desiring to be clear to avoid any accusation of heresy, it can't be emphasized enough that His complete unglorified human union with His Father was just that, complete as any human could ever experience it until the Mount when He stepped and out of the realm of ordinary humanity and over into Glory that proved His union with the Father as being MADE COMPLETE. However, that could have been the “complete” end, because the scriptures state His love, not only to His Father and His purpose for having created man but also His Love to man himself, brought Him down from the mount and to the cross:

* 'Jesus , . . . . laid aside His Holy Robes . .came down off the Mount, made himself of no reputation and taking upon Himself the form of a servant, picked up a 'Holy' Towel, and washed the feet of man'. cf John 13:4ffPhil. 2:7(KJV) [paraphrase mine] [*I don't believe the correct sequence in this by me is necessary for the paraphrase to be accurate]

Dan Emanuel

If you wouldn't mind, would you mind if I asked you, if you'd be willing, to read what Peter teaches on this matter, and then offer, rather than you're thoughts in a vacuum, compare and contrast them with what Peter says, in his books? I know what Peter says, because I've read what he says. I know it. I don't know what your saying and your using a lot of words and that make's it take a long time to read, and an even longer time to mentally stitch it all together to paint the entire picture in my head that you've got going on in you're own head.

And then, once I've done that, I'm going to compare and contrast myself what I understand you to be saying. With what Peter says. So, can you save me a step? I'm not asking you to do it. I'm asking, Is it OK if I ask that? If its not OK to ask that then I won't ask it.

Daniel

revpete

God could not have been man to redeem mankind. It would have against the rules of engagement set in the 'heavenlies' looking on, i.e., man could only redeem man otherwise, Satan wins.. That is why Jesus had to be born of Adam's seed, could not have been of another creation, nor be a body sent down from Heaven who was God but, could only a man's body prepared on Earth in which the Word of God from Heaven would reside but in complete subjection to the humanity of that body and the humanity of that body in subjection to the indwelling Word of God, the body of course being Jesus.. That is scriptural truth. Submission in both directions.

Jesus’ demonstration of obedience gives us a glimpse of God's little "if's" mentioned in the scriptures, i.e., "If" you will do this, I will do that, being walked out in His life in such a perfect way as to make even the hint of censorship by God, out of the question. It also points up Jesus as our example in understanding how handling the glory of God as intended be arrived at as the result of our obedience when born again.

By His living out the Life of the Word of God IN His humanity, Jesus was continually "Full of Grace and Truth" released to Him by the indwelling expression by the "Living Word" of the very substance of the Heart of the Father, imparted to His Heart.. By such obedience and allegiance to His Father, Jesus was approved by Him to be that man. Jesus, the Man of God, soon to be followed by greater titles higher even than God’s Name, could not be denied Him!

Question: If you believe Jesus had to be or was God at the time before the cross, why the need for Him to be approved?

In desiring to be clear to avoid any accusation of heresy, it can't be emphasized enough that His complete unglorified human union with His Father was just that, complete as any human could ever experience it until the Mount when He stepped and out of the realm of ordinary humanity and over into Glory that proved His union with the Father as being MADE COMPLETE. However, that could have been the “complete” end, because the scriptures state His love, not only to His Father and His purpose for having created man but also His Love to man himself, brought Him down from the mount and to the cross:

* 'Jesus , . . . . laid aside His Holy Robes . .came down off the Mount, made himself of no reputation and taking upon Himself the form of a servant, picked up a 'Holy' Towel, and washed the feet of man'. cf John 13:4ffPhil. 2:7(KJV) [paraphrase mine] [*I don't believe the correct sequence in this by me is necessary for the paraphrase to be accurate]

If you desire to be clear then try being more concise.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

If you desire to be clear then try being more concise.

Pete ��

Take piece by piece. It isn't difficult if you know your Bible and not bound by Calvin or orthodoxy.

Start with this:

"God could not have been man to redeem mankind" . . . neither could man have been God in disguise. Argue that out if you don't agree.

revpete

Take piece by piece. It isn't difficult if you know your Bible and not bound by Calvin or orthodoxy.

Start with this:

"God could not have been man to redeem mankind" . . . neither could man have been God in disguise. Argue that out if you don't agree.

Ok, please substantiate your points with the relevant scriptures please.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Ok, please substantiate your points with the relevant scriptures please.

Pete ��

I can't repeat my last that has been lost to TOL breakdown.

How 'bout giving your understanding of Jesus and what I believe He could only be to redeem Adam's race? Perhaps you believe something else about Him we can discuss?

revpete

I can't repeat my last that has been lost to TOL breakdown.

How 'bout giving your understanding of Jesus and what I believe He could only be to redeem Adam's race? Perhaps you believe something else about Him we can discuss?

Well, I believe the orthodox teaching that because of original sin mankind is lost. I believe in total depravity which, IMO leads logically on to the other four points of Calvinism. Concerning Jesus, I believe that He is The only Begotten Son of God ie God incarnate, fulfilling the type of the kinsman redeemer and the answer to Job's prayer for a daysman or mediator. Perfect God perfect man in perfect union and harmony. Thus perfectly qualified to be The only Saviour for mankind. I could go on but you get the picture. I'm sure there's something that you disagree with lol. 😃

beloved57

While on Earth and before His glorification, Jesus was the Christ of the Word of God He was given to protect; the Word of God who was equal to the Godhead Who would subject Himself the humanity of a man, a human body prepared for Him. While now being one in the same, both were subjected, for a determined period of time, to each other. Neither had rule over the other but were always in complete agreement; submitted to one another.

Jesus was the prepared human manifestation of the Word of God, perfect in all His ways. He would be glorified in that manner by His obedience to be forever the Word of God in Divine human flesh.

Jesus never wavered in His vulnerable state of responsibility that He would be our example of what God will have all those born of Him from above for that day when these truly "crucified and abandoned to Him" saints, will join Jesus in the air to return with Him in "clouds of glory".

Paul lived by His imparted Life per Gal 2:20.

The Man Jesus I serve, His Obedient Life was for and in the Place of those He represented, All His Obedience to the Law of God, which was Perfect in Mind, Heart and Tongue, has been given to all those He came and lived and died for, God reckons His Obedience as theirs as a Free Gift !

Cross Reference

Well, I believe the orthodox teaching that because of original sin mankind is lost. I believe in total depravity which, IMO leads logically on to the other four points of Calvinism. Concerning Jesus, I believe that He is The only Begotten Son of God ie God incarnate, fulfilling the type of the kinsman redeemer and the answer to Job's prayer for a daysman or mediator. Perfect God perfect man in perfect union and harmony. Thus perfectly qualified to be The only Saviour for mankind. I could go on but you get the picture. I'm sure there's something that you disagree with lol. ��

Well, again and not to be combative, lets take it in little chunks:

Agreeing that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, however and if for the single purpose of redeeming mankind, did Jesus need to be Divine to be the Lamb of God? Was not His sinlessness as a human sacrifice, sufficient to cancel out Adam's transgression?

revpete

Well, again and not to be combative, lets take it in little chunks:

Agreeing that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, however and for the single purpose of redeeming mankind, did Jesus need to be Divine to be the Lamb of God? Was not His sinlessness as a human sufficient to cancel out Adam's transgression?

Little chunks, good idea. Good point but in order to lay his hand on both parties (as Job prayed) He would have to be Divine as well as human. Jesus is The only mediator between man and God. As a human He is perfect man. He is our kinsman redeemer. He is The Only Begotten Son ie what God begets can be nothing less than God, as Jn.1:1 clearly states in the original Gk.

Cross Reference

The Man Jesus I serve, His Obedient Life was for and in the Place of those He represented, All His Obedience to the Law of God, which was Perfect in Mind, Heart and Tongue, has been given to all those He came and lived and died for, God reckons His Obedience as theirs as a Free Gift !

Then you really are without a testimony to share with anyone in need of salvation ___ which is what we have been attempting get across to you for years. .

Cross Reference

Little chunks, good idea. Good point but in order to lay his hand on both parties (as Job prayed) He would have to be Divine as well as human. Jesus is The only mediator between man and God. As a human He is perfect man. He is our kinsman redeemer. He is The Only Begotten Son ie what God begets can be nothing less than God, as Jn.1:1 clearly states in the original Gk.

Good and thanks. Lets move on to share our understanding as to WHEN Jesus could only become our mediator. Yer on. . ;)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me make it more clearly as to what I meant:

This = "ask stupid, silly, untoward questions purposed to draw attention to something away from the OP."

The OP is about being "born" of God. Why don't you get on topic instead of making stupid, silly, untoward statements without biblical support?

You obviously have no idea what being born of God means even though Jesus explained what he meant by that term.

:zoomin: