LIFE

KingdomRose

Question: If you could have today whatever you would want to make your life completely enjoyable, what would you ask for, right now? What are the first things that come to your mind? (Don't cheat and put down things that came to mind later.)

I think immediately of a big castle, three stories high made out of stone and wooden beams, with waterfalls and a crystal-clear lake or pool in the back. Then I think of gardens of various fruit trees and berry bushes. Then animals in an expansive yard, ready to play with my grandchildren. Other things come later, but that is first in my imagination.

KingdomRose

If anyone would be honest enough to share one or two of their dearest dreams, I would then ask, "What would you think if you knew that in the future you will have those dreams fulfilled?" All of the things that you envision in your mind---fishing on a beautiful, clean, fish-filled lake with your dearest friends or family members; playing baseball with your children in a beautiful park; eating and drinking delicious food and drink with loved ones; restoring '40s or '50s cars; being able to see without wearing glasses---the list could go on and on. All these things are promised when Jesus rules the world and paradise surrounds the whole planet.

"You [God] open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing....He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them." (Psalm 145:16,19, NASB)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Question: If you could have today whatever you would want to make your life completely enjoyable, what would you ask for, right now? What are the first things that come to your mind? (Don't cheat and put down things that came to mind later.)

Wants are superfluous, I have all I need.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I think immediately of a big castle, three stories high made out of stone and wooden beams, with waterfalls and a crystal-clear lake or pool in the back. Then I think of gardens of various fruit trees and berry bushes. Then animals in an expansive yard, ready to play with my grandchildren. Other things come later, but that is first in my imagination.
You're imagining heaven on earth

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What I have now:

A beautiful and intelligent woman who loves me.
Good health.
Time and resources to investigate this wonderful place God has given us.
Healthy and happy children.

I've been blessed far beyond anything I've ever done to deserve all that. Why would I want anything else?

Truster

I spent some time earlier this year asking myself is there anything that would make my life more complete and increase my joy. The answer was no there is nothing.

Having said that I have been praying recently that the end of time would come and come swiftly.

Epoisses

There is one thing you could do Truster. You could shut up and find a girlfriend so I know that you're not gay. With Calvinists nowadays it's hard to tell. Homosexuality is automatic reprobation.

God's Truth

God's Truth and to be His child.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Salvation.

Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I spent some time earlier this year asking myself is there anything that would make my life more complete and increase my joy. The answer was no there is nothing.

Having said that I have been praying recently that the end of time would come and come swiftly.
Yes, it seems like you want everyone to be taken out with you. I'm glad you are so happy

marhig

For all of my family, and as many others as possible to know the living God and have fellowship with him.

I'm blessed to have all I need, a roof over my head, food, water etc. And the love of a family that God has blessed me with. The only thing that I want, is for God to be always with me, I need that more than anything.

marhig

I want time to last as long as possible so that as many as possible can be brought in, the only end of the world I'd like to see, is the end of the love of the world in people's hearts, and the beginning of Gods life to start blooming in the hearts of as many as possible.

It's horrible to think that someone would pray for the end of time to come (believing as many do regarding the end of time and the world and all the suffering that comes with it) and thinking that many would be slaughtered including children and not caring, and seeing yourself as saved and ok. Imagine praying to God for that to happen? you'd have to have a heart of stone to think and pray like that.

KingdomRose

You're imagining heaven on earth

Actually the reverse is true....you and/or others are imagining heaven to be like earth---"earth in heaven." Many have talked about literal clear streams of water in heaven, and even animals there, as well as boating and hiking. Heaven is nothing like the earth. It is another realm entirely, which physical people can't imagine.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Actually the reverse is true....you and/or others are imagining heaven to be like earth---"earth in heaven." Many have talked about literal clear streams of water in heaven, and even animals there, as well as boating and hiking. Heaven is nothing like the earth. It is another realm entirely, which physical people can't imagine.
Home[FONT=&quot] » [/FONT]Bible Topics[FONT=&quot] » Heaven[/FONT][FONT=&quot][h=1]Heaven[/h][FONT=&quot]What does the Bible say about heaven? It's in the Bible, John 14:2-3, NIV. "There are many homes up there where my Father lives, and I am going to prepare them for your coming. When everything is ready, then I will come and get you, so that you can always be with me where I am."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heaven is beyond our comprehension. It's in the Bible, I Corinthians 2:9, NIV. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How did Isaiah describe heaven? It's in the Bible, Isaiah 65:21-23, NIV. "They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; My chosen ones will long enjoy the works of their hands. They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peace will pervade even the animal kingdom. It's in the Bible, Isaiah 65:25, NIV. "The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy in all My holy mountain."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The handicapped will be healed. It's in the Bible, Isaiah 35:5-6, NIV. "Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb shout for joy."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God will live with His people and there will be an end to death, crying, and pain. It's in the Bible, Revelation 21:3-4, NIV. "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."[/FONT]
[/FONT]

KingdomRose

What I have now:

A beautiful and intelligent woman who loves me.
Good health.
Time and resources to investigate this wonderful place God has given us.
Healthy and happy children.

I've been blessed far beyond anything I've ever done to deserve all that. Why would I want anything else?

You are the first one here who is being honest from the bottom of his soul. You want things that a physical realm provides---a fine wife, time and resources to investigate this wonderful planet---things that will not be available for people who go to heaven to rule with Christ. There is no marriage in heaven. No one will be renovating cars or studying birds in heaven. No one will be playing the piano or saxophone in heaven. There is nothing in the Bible that indicates at all that people will be doing any of those things in heaven. Sure, in heaven there will be no bad health, and a person might be there with his own son or daughter, but what you perceive in your mind is what God will provide for us, continually, here on Earth. The following verses show us what we will have here on this wonderful planet:

Isaiah 11:1-9 (the governance of Christ from heaven, and harmony with all people and animals)
Job 33:25 (youth regained)
Isaiah 33:24 (perfect health)
" 35:6 (no physical maladies)
" 65:21-23 (dream homes, no calamity)

Thank you for your thoughts.

KingdomRose

Then my question is---what is it that causes you joy? Is there anything in this physical world that makes you happy and excited?