Maine’s Top Prosecutor Sues Pastor for Pro-Life Preaching Outside of PP

Jose Fly

I read up on this a bit, and apparently Maine has a specific law under the state's Civil Rights Act against intentionally being so loud that you can be heard inside a building where medical treatment is provided, and that's the law he's being prosecuted under. Also, there is Supreme Court precedent. In Madsen v. Women's Health Center (1994), the Supreme Court held that noise restrictions on abortion clinic protesters were legal and "limit no more speech than necessary to ensure the health and well-being of the patients at the clinic".

This might be easier to prosecute than I initially thought.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I read up on this a bit, and apparently Maine has a specific law under the state's Civil Rights Act against intentionally being so loud that you can be heard inside a building where medical treatment is provided, and that's the law he's being prosecuted under. Also, there is Supreme Court precedent. In Madsen v. Women's Health Center (1994), the Supreme Court held that noise restrictions on abortion clinic protesters were legal and "limit no more speech than necessary to ensure the health and well-being of the patients at the clinic".

This might be easier to prosecute than I initially thought.

Wrong:

However, the Court struck down the thirty-six foot buffer zone as applied to the private property north and west of the Clinic, .the 'images observable' provision, the three hundred foot no-approach zone around the Clinic, and the three hundred foot buffer zone around residences. The Court found that these provisions " [swept] more broadly than necessary" to protect the state's interests. Thus, the judgment of the Florida Supreme Court was affirmed in part and reversed in part

And this woman wants a greater buffer zone, than was already struck down, she will not win this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madsen_v._Women's_Health_Center,_Inc.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Those photos of "aborted fetuses are known to be FRAUDS .
They are actually DOCTORED photos of miscarried or stillborn fetuses .
The overwhelming majority of abortions happen before a fetus is this fully formed and before it can feel any pain or has any consciousness .

WizardofOz

They are actually DOCTORED photos of miscarried or stillborn fetuses .
The overwhelming majority of abortions happen before a fetus is this fully formed and before it can feel any pain or has any consciousness .

When the PP reps are on video talking about taking a specimen out "intact"; so that the head or organs are in one piece, what do you think the "specimen" look like?

Put your head back in the sand, The Horn :hammer:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
WizardofOz, I stand by my statement . Late term abortions are extremely rare and done in cases of medical emergency . Pregnant women do NOT capriciously decide to have abortions this late in a pregnancy . This is a FACT .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They are actually DOCTORED photos of miscarried or stillborn fetuses

cite?

so it's ok to kill humans if they can't feel pain and they're unconscious?

Jose Fly

Wrong:

And this woman wants a greater buffer zone, than was already struck down, she will not win this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madsen_v._Women's_Health_Center,_Inc.

Yet again we see that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. From your own link...

Yes. - The 36-foot buffer zone around the clinic entrances and driveway burdens no more speech than necessary to accomplish the governmental interest at stake.

No. - The 36-foot buffer zone on private property around the clinic burdens more speech than necessary to protect access to the clinic, as nothing in the record indicates that the Petitioners’ activities on the private property have obstructed access to the clinic.

Yes. - The limited noise restrictions limit no more speech than necessary to ensure the health and well-being of the patients at the clinic. The First Amendment of the Constitution does not demand that patients at a medical facility undertake Herculean efforts to escape the cacophony of political protests.​

The part you quoted is about the distinction between buffer zones on private vs. public property. The issue at hand in this thread is whether there is legal precedent regarding the noise levels of anti-choice protesters. As anyone who can read can clearly see...there is.

Seekingtruth21

What's the best way to love somebody? By preaching THE GOSPEL, not politics. I've never heard of a soul being saved by a Christian reverting to politics. Politics is good for one thing, division. The fact we're arguing about this proves it. You really think that God is looks down on abortion as sin? Why did he command the Israelites to stone pregnant women? Isn't that in effect abortion? If you love somebody, you empower them. You obviously think that people have to impress God by what they do before they respond to the Gospel. No one is good enough, isn't that the point of the Gospel?

By the way, that verse in James applies to someone who's already a member of the Church, not to people who don't have a relationship with Jesus. It means that when a person who is a CHRISTIAN is caught in sin theologically or in practice then you should do your best to reveal to him or her he truth and thus save them from apostasy.

Last edited:

rexlunae

How many conservative speakers have been shouted off the podium by so called liberals?

Many, I'm sure, and vice versa. And while some causes are worth a little civil disobedience, even if you believe in the anti-abortion cause fervently, getting in legal trouble comes with the territory of breaking the law.

WizardofOz

WizardofOz, I stand by my statement . Late term abortions are extremely rare and done in cases of medical emergency . Pregnant women do NOT capriciously decide to have abortions this late in a pregnancy . This is a FACT .

Fetus at 23 weeks

Spoiler
fetus_male_23w_1.jpg

What does late term have to do with it? A 23-week-old fetus looks to be at about the same point of development of the earlier pictures.

Does it look like a fish or a human?

bybee

Many, I'm sure, and vice versa. And while some causes are worth a little civil disobedience, even if you believe in the anti-abortion cause fervently, getting in legal trouble comes with the territory of breaking the law.

Civil disobedience so easily gets out of hand.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
OK Doser, you can google the stoiesy about miscarried and stillborn fetuses being used dishonestly by so-called "pro-choices . It's common knowledge, but conservatives are blind and dead to this fact .

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Fetus at 23 weeks

Spoiler
fetus_male_23w_1.jpg

What does late term have to do with it? A 23-week-old fetus looks to be at about the same point of development of the earlier pictures.

Does it look like a fish or a human?

just a blob of tissue, obviously

OK Doser, you can google the stoiesy about miscarried and stillborn fetuses being used dishonestly by so-called "pro-choices . It's common knowledge, but conservatives are blind and dead to this fact .

so you can't provide a link?

not surprised

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
There are plenty of internet sources showing this anti-choice fraud . I can't think of specific ones offhand, but you can easily google them yourself .

musterion

right - the choice to murder a child

like this one:

abortion-table.jpg

right - he's against the choice of murdering a child

like this one:

rowan2.jpg

women who want to murder children

in a just world, they would be executed

never learned about the 1st amendment, eh? :chuckle:

How DARE you upset our leftists who don't want to see such pictures, even though they support what happens in such pictures!

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Musterion, this is NOT what a typical abortion looks like . The vast majority happen long before a fetus is this developed . These are just used to manipulate people into anti-choice frenzy .