More from the loony Right

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What the heck business is it of yours or anyone else's

Not MY business. It's the business of the Government. That's the context here.

if two unmarried folk are having sexual relations?

God says that sex is to be had only between a married man and woman.

Why do you suppose He says so?

If I "discovered" that then it would be none of mine unless I considered myself a self appointed busybody with nothing better to do than inform the equally self appointed morality police. Same goes for the next.

You don't seem to understand what is meant by "discovered," or as Scripture puts it, "found out." Educate yourself please before commenting further.

Other peoples lives are nobody else's business but theirs short of abuse, so in short, mind your own.

You're making this personal. I'm talking about what the government should do in certain situations, not individuals.

marke

I gave you those because, aside from the first two, the punishments for them are defined by God in Scripture.

How about this, if you can tell me what GOD thinks the punishments should be, I'll be satisfied.

If you can't even do that, or refuse to even look it up, then that's a problem with your heart's attitude towards God, not even giving Him the benefit of the doubt to see what HE thinks about something.
No. I am not satisfied that your interest in my views is one of loving compassion. I told you I believe punishments should vary according to the seriousness of the offense. If you think I am violating the scriptures then I am sorry.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

So you don't even care what God has to say about what punishments should be for certain crimes?

I am not satisfied that your interest in my views is one of loving compassion.

What does that have to do with it?

Are God's commands not out of love for His creation, and compassion for the victims?

I told you I believe punishments should vary according to the seriousness of the offense.

Which says absolutely nothing at all at what they should be.

It also says you don't care what God has to say about it.

If you think I am violating the scriptures then I am sorry.

Liar.

marke

So you don't even care what God has to say about what punishments should be for certain crimes?

I care about God's word but don't care to engage with others who show little respect for my personal views and give me the impression they wish to beat me down with their confrontational arguments if I disagree with them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I care about God's word but don't care to engage with others who show little respect for my personal views and give me the impression they wish to beat me down with their confrontational arguments if I disagree with them.

You were refusing to answer my questions before I confronted you with your stubbornness with finding out what God has to say, so that's not a valid excuse.

Marke, you should find out what God wants the punishments to be for crimes. His ways are just. Our current society's ways are not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Look, Marke. I have no problem with you disagreeing with my views. But at least the people who do can reason out their argument.

You haven't done any such thing so far. You've merely pointed at examples and said "the punishments shouldn't be this or that" but never given a line of reasoning as to why they should be something different.

God tells us to be prepared to give an answer for what we believe. It's clear that you cannot. You can't even tell me what you believe!

Multiple times I've asked you to simply state what a good punishment should be for certain crimes, and aside from once (credit where it's due), you've never done so.

You can't even tell me what God thinks!

I could understand even a small amount if you knew what God says about the matter, and told me, and then explained why you don't think that such applies today, or that something changed. But every indication that I'm getting from you tells me that you don't even know!

You claim to be a Christian, but you don't know what God says?

How do you ever expect to be taken seriously by those who reject Him?!

marke

You were refusing to answer my questions before I confronted you with your stubbornness with finding out what God has to say, so that's not a valid excuse.

Marke, you should find out what God wants the punishments to be for crimes. His ways are just. Our current society's ways are not.
I'll take your assessments and advice into consideration.

marke

Look, Marke. I have no problem with you disagreeing with my views. But at least the people who do can reason out their argument.

You haven't done any such thing so far. You've merely pointed at examples and said "the punishments shouldn't be this or that" but never given a line of reasoning as to why they should be something different.

God tells us to be prepared to give an answer for what we believe. It's clear that you cannot. You can't even tell me what you believe!

Multiple times I've asked you to simply state what a good punishment should be for certain crimes, and aside from once (credit where it's due), you've never done so.

You can't even tell me what God thinks!

I could understand even a small amount if you knew what God says about the matter, and told me, and then explained why you don't think that such applies today, or that something changed. But every indication that I'm getting from you tells me that you don't even know!

You claim to be a Christian, but you don't know what God says?

How do you ever expect to be taken seriously by those who reject Him?!
I cannot answer questions that are loaded with venom, disrespect, or hostility.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
OK.

People nobody has ever heard of.

Gotcha.

You should tell all of the racist Republican neo-Nazis, Confederacy sympathizers, anti-Semites, Klansmen, Groypers, nationalists, etc, that they are in the wrong party because they seem to have missed that memo.

But you are a kiwi from New Zealand living in Taiwan, so how would you know or care?

Arthur Brain

Not MY business. It's the business of the Government. That's the context here.

You don't seem to understand what is meant by "discovered," or as Scripture puts it, "found out." Educate yourself please before commenting further.

You're making this personal. I'm talking about what the government should do in certain situations, not individuals.
It's not the governments business either. What consenting couples do with their private relations is precisely nobody else's business.

It's people's prerogative to get married or not. Plenty do, plenty don't. That's their business.

Are you kidding me? If a kid is discovered stealing from a cookie jar then he's found out. Please quit with the pedantry.

The government should do what it's doing already. Not interfering with people's private lives outside of abuse.

Arthur Brain

In North Carolina, a crime against nature is a class I felony, punishable by imprisonment of from 3 to 12 months. I'm OK with that statute.
Homosexuality isn't a crime against nature and unless mistaken it's not a crime in North Carolina either. Why on earth would it be?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's not the governments business either.

Except that it is.

What consenting couples do with their private relations is precisely nobody else's business.

Repeating yourself doesn't make your claim any less incorrect.

It's people's prerogative to get married or not. Plenty do, plenty don't. That's their business.

Agreed.

Those who choose not to get married do not have the right to have sex with each other.

Are you kidding me? If a kid is discovered stealing from a cookie jar then he's found out. Please quit with the pedantry.

There you go!

Now apply that to what was said.

The government should do what it's doing already. Not interfering with people's private lives outside of abuse.

You never answered my question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Arthur Brain

Except that it is.

Repeating yourself doesn't make your claim any less incorrect.

Agreed.

Those who choose not to get married do not have the right to have sex with each other.

There you go!

Now apply that to what was said.

You never answered my question.

No, it isn't. It's not a claim either, it's reality regardless of what you believe should be imposed and it's how it should be. People most certainly do have the right not to get married and have sex, that's reality also.

Well, I'd hardly expect the Bible to encourage casual sex and marriage is a healthy thing. It's not mandated though and it's still not the governments business and solely up to people what they do with their private relations.