ECT "Mother Mary's Advice"

Cross Reference

My own understanding of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism:

God chose a nation through whom He promised to someday bless the whole earth. 1.That nation was Israel and that choosing involved various covenants. Christ Jesus came as Israel’s promised Redeemer, and 2. through Israel – His nation of priests – He would redeem the whole world.

3. The problem is, Israel rejected Him. Not every individual Jew did so but Israel corporately, as a nation, despised Him and had Him crucified by Rome. But rising from the dead and ascending into Heaven, 4. His apostles preached that if Israel repented and believed on Him as their Messiah, 5. He would return to establish the long-awaited Kingdom, just as God had promised and as the Old Testament prophets had foretold.

6. But once again, Israel refused to bow to her Messiah. After the leaders stoned Stephen to death, God temporarily set Israel aside and temporarily suspended all fulfillment of prophecy (some MADs disagree it happened at precisely this point; I happen to believe that it did).

7. At that point, God began to reveal through Paul the previously unmentioned dispensation of grace, which is now in effect and will remain so until He decides to bring it to an end (when will that be? 8. No one knows...could be today). But during this age of grace, salvation is no longer to the Jew first; it is to all people equally and without distinction because all have been counted equally in unbelief. 9. All are equally lost and no one has any claim on God other than what He promises in the Gospel of grace.

10. So with His covenants obligations to Israel temporarily suspended, God can now invite all to come to Him freely by grace through faith in Christ. 11.As a result, previously undreamed blessings and riches are promised equally to Jew and Gentile alike on the simple basis of faith alone in Christ’s death, burial and resurrection for the individual’s sin, without works of any kind either to be saved, stay saved or prove that one is saved, for God knows those who are His.

That is my understanding of MAD stated as briefly as I can state it.

You have successfully explained why MAD it can be viewed as a cult.

You have twisted the foundation God has laid to make it say what you need it to say and now it has you in its tentacles.

Cross Reference

All of the Bible is for us (gentiles) however, not all of it pertains to us!
One must "Rightly Divide" the Bible!

Which one can only do if seeks God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. In doing so one will receive His Mind for properly understanding the scriptures.

Why haven't you taken that to heart? And because you haven't, your persuasion away from that truth has left with the inability to understand when context is needed and a passage can stand alone. Hence, you are left in a morass of commentators with only opinions to offer up because, they too, are in the same "morass" so much so that even the verses, "God is Love" and "Jesus wept" has become a problem for them and you which has left you and them in, uncertainty..

oatmeal

Take it.
C.R. Stam,
Two Minutes With The Bible
www.bereanbiblesociety.org

Interesting , but not wise to universally apply.

After all, Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision, Romans 15:8, he was not sent but the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 15:24

Therefore, we can only apply as much of what Jesus said to Israel as can be allowed with our context of this age of grace.

We are not living under the law, but grace. The events in the gospels are events that occurred while living under the law.

Jesus Christ was addressing those under the law.

Cross Reference

Interesting , but not wise to universally apply.

After all, Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision, Romans 15:8, he was not sent but the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 15:24

Therefore, we can only apply as much of what Jesus said to Israel as can be allowed with our context of this age of grace.

We are not living under the law, but grace. The events in the gospels are events that occurred while living under the law.

Jesus Christ was addressing those under the law.

So what?

SaulToPaul 2

I or they, so we preach. Notice "we preach". Whether the gospel was preached by Paul, or the other apostles, it didn't matter. Oh what a terrible shame that it matters immensely to you. LOL

All you have to do is keep reading.

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Of course Peter preached that Christ rose from the dead, to sit on David's throne.

SaulToPaul 2

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1. The live goat, the scapegoat, took the sins away
2. Who was the Son given to, according to prophecy? "For unto us a Son is given..."

Cross Reference

All you have to do is keep reading.

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

Of course Peter preached that Christ rose from the dead, to sit on David's throne.

Hey, Do you believe Peter or James or John could not have made this declaration about what it was they preached?:

"As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:9 (KJV)

Assuming, and I believe we must, the Galatians were Jewish, Who is the "we", Paul is referring to?

SaulToPaul 2

Hey, Do you believe Peter or James or John could not have made this declaration about what it was they preached?:

"As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:9 (KJV)

Assuming, and I believe we must, the Galatians were Jewish, Who is the "we", Paul is referring to?

Acts 16:1 Then came he to Derbe and Lystra: and, behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certain woman, which was a Jewess, and believed; but his father was a Greek:

Acts 16:2 Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium.

Acts 16:3 Him would Paul have to go forth with him; and took and circumcised him because of the Jews which were in those quarters: for they knew all that his father was a Greek.

Acts 16:4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.

Acts 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Which one can only do if seeks God with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. In doing so one will receive His Mind for properly understanding the scriptures.

Why haven't you taken that to heart? And because you haven't, your persuasion away from that truth has left with the inability to understand when context is needed and a passage can stand alone. Hence, you are left in a morass of commentators with only opinions to offer up because, they too, are in the same "morass" so much so that even the verses, "God is Love" and "Jesus wept" has become a problem for them and you which has left you and them in, uncertainty..

You certainly are a "Devout" 'Baloney Salesman," I'll give you that!

Cross Reference

Just an observation but, is, Cross Reference and LazyA the same person or
somehow related?

Lets have it that we are more of a like mind than you could possibly be __ since you are devoid of understanding all things Christ Jesus. Why? Because you pick and choose for your benefit ___ and nothing for Him.

john w

Hall of Fame
No worries, whoever you say you are. I have no intention of asking you anything. I have had enough of you to understand asking wouldn't net me anything except more of the same whatever it is your are trying say. Toots sweet.

I don't know how to respond to that emotional plea/grunt....

Stumper.

Get saved.

oatmeal

And he told his disciples to address whom?

Until the day of Pentecost, the ministry of the Jesus Christ and his disciples began with the lost sheep of the house of Israel and then expanded to include Acts 1:8 as many as the Lord our God shall call.

At Acts 2:1-4, the call was no longer to the gospel period but to the age of grace.

Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, thus the age of grace could begin.

Our righteousness does not come from doing the law, but by the grace of God through Christ.