Muslim flight attendant suspended over serving alcohol

So many gays!

BANNED
Banned
Another part of reality is that she went to jail and it didn't change her mind.
What does it matter if her mind changed or not?

Yes, those types of people are getting concealed carry licenses, but others who legally should be able to are not.
Well then your point was moot. This isn't a gun rights thread. And if those who need firearms for their professions are getting them, then how did your previous comment apply?

GuySmiley

What does it matter if her mind changed or not?
Because she is still the county clerk and still isn't issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples. I don't care, I like it. You care apparently.

Well then your point was moot. This isn't a gun rights thread. And if those who need firearms for their professions are getting them, then how did your previous comment apply?
Because you think she ought to do her job regardless of her personal feelings. I want to see if you are consistent on the issue. This police chief and a couple sheriffs are doing the same thing, but haven't been punished for it. My point had nothing to do with gun rights.

So many gays!

BANNED
Banned
Because she is still the county clerk and still isn't issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples. I don't care, I like it. You care apparently.
And she broke the law, and refused to step down, so she went to jail. I don't see your confusion here.

Because you think she ought to do her job regardless of her personal feelings. I want to see if you are consistent on the issue. This police chief and a couple sheriffs are doing the same thing, but haven't been punished for it. My point had nothing to do with gun rights.
Again, if they need firearms for their professions (which you admitted that all in that category have been accommodated) and get them, then there is no issue.

If you are saying that the sheriffs are selling firearms on the street illegaly, then of course they should be prosecuted. That's one of the ways how guns get into felons' hands.

So many gays!

BANNED
Banned
no

she didn't

Yes she did. As the Supreme Court ruled. You familiar with that establishment? Or the Constitution, which guarantees (by Thomas Jefferson directly) separation of church and state?

Find me one non religious reason why it should be illegal. Please, I'm begging you

Aimiel

Ever heard of separation of church and state? It doesn't matter whether I'm Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, or Sikh. Church matters are separate from those of the state, and marriage is a matter of the state by law
Correct, they are separate. The state cannot tell someone to violate their religion. They have no authority to do so.

So many gays!

BANNED
Banned
Correct, they are separate. The state cannot tell someone to violate their religion. They have no authority to do so.

Except when it violates another's civil liberties? Or do you disagree there?

Also, marriage is a matter of state now, not church. So church has no say in it at all

So many gays!

BANNED
Banned
nope

it's a matter of interest for both

So explain to me why death, marriage, inheritance taxes; insurance benefits; and right to terminate a vegetated spouse are reliant on the state recognizing marriage of two individuals? Where are those in the Bible? Take your time

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So explain to me why death, marriage, inheritance taxes; insurance benefits; and right to terminate a vegetated spouse are reliant on the state recognizing marriage of two individuals?

you want me to launch into a discourse on the perversities of big government and it's grasping nature?

maybe later

Where are those in the Bible?

where is death in the Bible? :freak:
where is marriage in the Bible? :freak:
where are matters of inheritance in the Bible? :freak:

really?

So many gays!

BANNED
Banned
you want me to launch into a discourse on the perversities of big government and it's grasping nature?

maybe later

where is death in the Bible? :freak:
where is marriage in the Bible? :freak:
where are matters of inheritance in the Bible? :freak:

really?

This country isn't founded as Christian as you'd like it to be. More than I have told you as much, but I'll be happy to re-educate you. Our Constitution was written largely by Free Masons who were heavily influenced by the secular Enlightenment period in Europe, most notably Benjamin Franklin, who actually rejected the notion of a god at all. Originally the Masons took their values from the Cult of Pythagoras. I know this is likely way over your head, but if you want to find the real answers, they're out there. In credible sources.

Thomas Jefferson explicitly stated that there was to be a separation of church and state. You whining about that doesn't change it. Thankfully

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
awww, he went all red :(

and i wanted to hear more about how ben franklin wrote the constitution

Godisgreat9

BANNED
Banned
It's against her religion. But her boss told her to do it or leave. Where is the outrage from Christians about this regarding freedom of religion? If Kim Davis is good, why is this woman different?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ing-to-serve-alcohol-files-federal-complaint/

Nice to see someone here standing up for EVERYONE'S religious liberty and not just the freedom of people that they identify closely with. Though that radical view appears to have gotten our friend here banned

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice to see someone here standing up for EVERYONE'S religious liberty and not just the freedom of people that they identify closely with. Though that radical view appears to have gotten our friend here banned

Religious liberty should allow anyone to follow their religion rather than insisting ALL follow their religion. That stops when their *chosen* religion interferes with the rights of others.

By follow, I am not including acts of violence towards others.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's against her religion.

But it isn't against God. Endorsing sodomy is against God. I love all these non comparable things liberals try to equate. I also wonder what flight that was. Emirates, Fly Dubai, even Safi from Kabul serves up the little bottles at a reasonable price.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I want to see Huckabee have a press conference with this woman, Eye of the Tiger and all. :banana: