Nineveh's PotD 1-7-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Yay, another homeschool nazi thread...

Ah, I love how open-minded you public school people are :)

Two reasons my kids will ALWAYS be in public school:
1) SOCIAL INTERACTION
-You really think your five-year-old will grow out of that speech impediment at home?

Yes, speech impediments are much better corrected by listening to others talk, rather than being made fun of day after day and told you are different, and learning that different is bad...

-Social skills cannot be taught except by SOCIALIZING.
Let me ask you, Buzzword; when you socialize, is this what happens:

You are forced into socializing.
Socializing happens when you get together with a group of people within a year of your age.
To keep your socializing on track, there are responsible people moderating your discussions to be sure you do not say anything that might offend people, which may include (gasp) sharing and discussing your beliefs with your fellow "socializers".

Maybe it's just because I'm a deprived homeschool graduate, but my experience of a social life isn't quite like this.

-Whatever "morals" you try to teach, if they are not out in society the whole time, leaving home will SHATTER anything they've been taught. Morals are solidified by constantly being tested, not by isolation.

Prove it. For my rebuttal, I offer my previous post about my experience.

2) Employment
-My mother, fiance, and sister-in-law are all public school teachers.
-Eliminating the public school system creates even MORE unemployment, especially in an economic atmosphere in which the private sector is denying benefits (or even full-time employment) to too many employees.

Interesting.... so you're saying I have to pay to employ your mother, fiance and sister-in-law, whether they do anything for me or not?

And why keep something around just because it "makes jobs"? If you need to create jobs, go into government, they're good at it... They can keep a dozen people busy for 3 hours digging a 8 inch posthole!

Well said! :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great post!

Actually, always_learning has an entire thread there of PotDs... :)

Very true. :up: al has laid down some major smack in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.