NRA Refuse To Debate Obama In Public

Arthur Brain

We don't really care if their gun control is confiscation. We don't want their gun control, period. If their gun control worked so well, explain to me why Chicago, LA and DC have so much gun violence. The Republicans always let the gun controllers off the hook. Force them to explain why their cities with strict gun control have so much gun violence.

Aren't you the nut that thinks Sandy Hook was made up?

:freak:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I think it has become obvious that Obama is in league with the "Big Gun Lobby™. Not much sense in the NRA going in to make President "Mom-Jeans" look as feckless as he actually is when everything is going so well. :plain:

A Conspiracy Theory View of Obama's Gun Control Actions

"The president’s efforts to push for tighter gun controls have made him the top firearms salesman in history, and the reason investors could see even higher returns for many years to come."
~ Wall Street Daily

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All Talk NRA Refuses Chance To Debate Obama Over Gun Control On Live TV

Apparently the only thing the National Rifle Association and the White House can agree on is that President Obama would smoke them in a debate on gun control.

CNN extended an invitation to the NRA, the nation’s most powerful gun lobby, to join Obama during a live town hall on Thursday evening in Virginia to discuss the issue of gun violence. They gracelessly declined.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam seemed willing to assume the NRA would come out of the debate looking very badly. He claimed the White House would rig the event and turn it into a “public relations spectacle.” In other words, the NRA believes it would lose and Arulanandam is desperate to think of a good excuse as to why that is.

Undermining this excuse, however, is the fact that it is CNN, not Obama, that is organizing the event.

A CNN spokesperson said that it was the network, not the White House, that proposed the idea of a town hall on guns, and noted the audience would be evenly divided between organizations that support the Second Amendment including NRA members as well as groups that back gun regulation.

The only ones too afraid to show up to this mixed crowd are NRA representatives.

And while it’s laughable that the NRA already threw in the towel before the debate even began, they are justified in being worried about what they would face if they were brave enough to show up. As Obama proved numerous times during his two presidential elections, he’s a formidable debate opponent. It is also clear that the issue of gun control is an area that Obama is fired up about. For years, Republicans in Washington and their pro-gun benefactors have stymied any and all attempts to address mass shootings. Entering his last year in office, Obama is done playing games. Earlier this week, he gave an emotional and powerful speech about the need for better gun control – and what he plans to do about it.

“Each time this comes up, we are fed the excuse that common-sense reforms like background checks might not have stopped the last massacre, or the one before that, or the one before that, so why bother trying,” Obama said. “I reject that thinking.”

“We know we can’t stop every act of violence, every act of evil in the world. But maybe we could try to stop one act of evil, one act of violence,” he added.

The NRA seems content to fight against any conceivable campaign to stop needless gun violence. This includes floating reckless lies that Obama is a tyrant seizing people’s guns. On social media, the lobbying group regularly promotes misinformation to its gullible followers. They aren’t used to being called out on it.

Now that it is time to actually face Obama, it’s no wonder they can’t do it.

Link HERE.

meh - i got about three paragraphs into this and puked on my screen from the blatant bias

what a load of crap

musterion

I think it has become obvious that Obama is in league with the "Big Gun Lobby™. Not much sense in the NRA going in to make President "Mom-Jeans" look as feckless as he actually is when everything is going so well. :plain:

A Conspiracy Theory View of Obama's Gun Control Actions

"The president’s efforts to push for tighter gun controls have made him the top firearms salesman in history, and the reason investors could see even higher returns for many years to come."
~ Wall Street Daily

Your four dimensional chess is beyond the Candyland level operated on by Gran-Gran.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Or they're just cynical con men who continue to take money from scared, gullible people.:yawn:

brewmama

Since they were not invited to a "debate", but told they could ask 1 question, and then just sit there and listen to the Chosen One (who did not come off so well at that), the answer is obvious.

I have no doubt they could clean his clock in a real debate. But Obama doesn't have those.

musterion

The left demanded Bush's MBA and pilot scores be released. They've never even suggested the Muslim's be released. There's a really good reason for that.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Right, because it's all a plot that's so obvious it was deciphered by fashion-challenged doofuses who don't know the difference between Shiite and Shia Labeouf.

I guess "black" and "funny name" really were enough to push you guys right over the edge.

GuySmiley

It wasn't a debate. It was a town hall meeting. Several other anti gun control people were in attendance and were able to ask a question and listen to Obama's answer. Why would the NRA need to be there, and why would they want to?

musterion

Right, because it's all a plot that's so obvious it was deciphered by fashion-challenged doofuses who don't know the difference between Shiite and Shia Labeouf.

I guess "black" and "funny name" really were enough to push you guys right over the edge.

That's some serious funny right there.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It wasn't a debate. It was a town hall meeting. Several other anti gun control people were in attendance and were able to ask a question and listen to Obama's answer. Why would the NRA need to be there, and why would they want to?

LaPierre can barely string together a coherent sentence without frothing, he wouldn't be able to handle being on the same stage as the Antichrist himself.

GuySmiley

LaPierre can barely string together a coherent sentence without frothing, he wouldn't be able to handle being on the same stage as the Antichrist himself.
I've never seen LaPierre speak so I'll take your word for it. But he wasn't invited to be on the same stage, he was invited to sit in the audience and be able to ask a question and listen to the Antichrist's answer.