On Fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

Zakath said:
Not at all... pull up a seat. :D

I'd gladly share a beer or three for a couple of pieces of sushi. :chew:

What's "tri-tip"???

Tri-top steak is a boneless cut of meat from the bottom sirloin.

The Berean

granite1010 said:
Since OF threatened to get me banned if I ever sent him another PM this is pretty much the one alternative I have left to the constant back and forth we have on various threads.

At one point I recall we had a "cease fire" of sorts. Can't remember what exactly caused that to break down.

So, basically, my man, if you have anything you REALLY want to say, let's just get this over with and quit the carping (from both of us) that hijacks threads and wastes time.

Deal?

Granite,

Given that On Fire and yourself have completely dissimilar "theological" views what is it that you are trying to accomplish with this thread? And how can you accomplish this without this degenerating into nasty name-calling?

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Greywolf,
Where did you get the term Mathlete? Did you watch the show Freaks & Geeks?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
Granite,

Given that On Fire and yourself have completely dissimilar "theological" views what is it that you are trying to accomplish with this thread. And how can you accomplish this without this degenerating into nasty name-calling?

A couple things:

One, some kind of "peace" one way or another.

Two, a chance to blow off remaining steam if OF is so inclined.

Three, an extension of the olive branch.

Got some buffalo wings, FYI.:cheers:

Greywolf

The Berean said:
Given that On Fire and yourself have completely dissimilar "theological" views what is it that you are trying to accomplish with this thread. And how can you accomplish this without this degenerating into nasty name-calling?

You must be new here. ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Lucky said:
:spam:​
Lucky,

If that's all you brought we shouldn't give you any beer...

:think:

But, what the hey, it's Monday. In the interest of keeping peace on Granite's thread, help yourself...

:cheers:

(100 more posts till 16,000 - :ha: )

Zakath

Resident Atheist
C'mon y'all, we see you lurking down there... :wave:

erinmarie, Holly, & taoist

C'mon in and set a spell... :D

erinmarie

Zakath said:
C'mon y'all, we see you lurking down there... :wave:

erinmarie, Holly, & taoist

C'mon in and set a spell... :D

I was just about to, but I was trying to figure out what was going on in the thread in the first place...

I knew OnFire to be a man, did Granite call him a woman? Is that what he's apologizing for? Or am I missing something else completely?

Granite

Hall of Fame
erinmarie said:
I was just about to, but I was trying to figure out what was going on in the thread in the first place...

I knew OnFire to be a man, did Granite call him a woman? Is that what he's apologizing for? Or am I missing something else completely?

(Stops munching buffalo wings.)

I always thought and/or assumed OF was a dude. Maybe I was wrong. That's not the issue.

The Berean

Is this thread going to be conducted under the Queensbury Rules?

1. To be a fair stand-up boxing match in a 24-foot ring, or as near that size as practicable.
2. No wrestling or hugging allowed.
3. The rounds to be of three minutes' duration, and one minute's time between rounds.
4. If either man falls through weakness or otherwise, he must get up unassisted, 10 seconds to be allowed him to do so, the other man meanwhile to return to his corner, and when the fallen man is on his legs the round is to be resumed and continued until the three minutes have expired. If one man fails to come to the scratch in the 10 seconds allowed, it shall be in the power of the referee to give his award in favour of the other man.
5. A man hanging on the ropes in a helpless state, with his toes off the ground, shall be considered down.
6. No seconds or any other person to be allowed in the ring during the rounds.
7. Should the contest be stopped by any unavoidable interference, the referee to name the time and place as soon as possible for finishing the contest; so that the match must be won and lost, unless the backers of both men agree to draw the stakes.
8. The gloves to be fair-sized boxing gloves of the best quality and new.
9. Should a glove burst, or come off, it must be replaced to the referee's satisfaction.
10. A man on one knee is considered down and if struck is entitled to the stakes.
11. No shoes or boots with springs allowed.
12. The contest in all other respects to be governed by revised rules of the London Prize Ring.

Just curious...:think:

fool

Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
(Stops munching buffalo wings.)

I always thought and/or assumed OF was a dude. Maybe I was wrong. That's not the issue.
I thought he was a dude to.
I invited him to settle his problem with me face to face.
Then I heard he was a chick.
then I felt bad that I asked a chick to fight.
then I found out he's a dude.
and it was all better.
In On Fire's defense, I will state that he has stopped bad reping me in threads He didn't participate in.
And when I started the attack fool thread he came and attacked..........Balder.
that's about all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.