On "Horrific"

Quincy

Who cares about adjectives regarding this. Help the victim heal, mentor them to make better choices in the future if needed and execute the violent criminal. Nothing more needs to be said. Why obsess over it like a baby? I think you just want to get Town's friends banned because he isn't around for you to play with.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Who cares about adjectives regarding this. Help the victim heal, mentor them to make better choices in the future if needed and execute the violent criminal. Nothing more needs to be said.

not at all quincy - unfortunately, the word "rape" is used to cover too wide a group of actions - from the example given where the girl, just let him do what he wanted without struggling to the scenario of somebody breaking into a house and brutally raping an 80 year old woman

do you see the difference?

i clipped the rest of your hysterical rant

do you see the problem with calling them both "rape" and treating them as if they're no different?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
not at all quincy - unfortunately, the word "rape" is used to cover too wide a group of actions - from the example given where the girl, just let him do what he wanted without struggling to the scenario of somebody breaking into a house and brutally raping an 80 year old woman

do you see the difference?

i clipped the rest of your hysterical rant

do you see the problem with calling them bot "rape" and treating them as if they're no different?

Rape is too broad a term, there are too many variables to categorize so many "rapes".

glorydaz

Who cares about adjectives regarding this. Help the victim heal, mentor them to make better choices in the future if needed and execute the violent criminal. Nothing more needs to be said.

This is good. Better choices "if needed". In most cases of rape better choices could not have been made. For the rest, the lessons will probably be self-evident.

ok doser

Rape is too broad a term, there are too many variables to categorize so many "rapes".

well, it is a natural outgrowth of the feminist attempt to broaden the meaning - i'm putting together a presentation right now on the historical reporting of rape and it is virtually impossible to compare historical trends to current trends because so many things were not counted as rape in the past

rape within a marriage was not rape, not illegal, not reported
rape with slaves was not counted, not illegal, not reported
rape with children was not counted, not discussed, not reported

it's good that we've changed as a society and that all those circumstance now are recognized as wrong

but we've swung too far when a scenario like the Swathmore student scenario is counted as rape, along with many others that have been under discussion

This is good. Better choices "if needed". In most cases of rape better choices could not have been made. For the rest, the lessons will probably be self-evident.

I'd say "in many cases"

consider:

rapestats.gif

in many of the cases represented in that chart, the woman has chosen to put herself in a position of vulnerability, a position of risk

I'll get back to this later

kmoney

Hall of Fame
but we've swung too far when a scenario like the Swathmore student scenario is counted as rape, along with many others that have been under discussion

How did she describe the incident when she said she was raped?
Did he end up getting charged with rape?

ok doser

dunno - i've only been able to find that part i posted - cane from George will's column

ok doser

I was doing a search for "honorific" and ran across this oldy moldy thread

Good times!