Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
1) Good. You agree with Jesus that the Law should be kept. "I have not come to destroy the law but to fulfil it"
We're in the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested Romans 3:21-22 KJV. Get with the program!

heir

TOL Subscriber
6) Paul was schooled by Gamaliel and was far more attuned to Jewish thinking than Gentile. But he could reconcile the two together - a huge feat.
Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

He brought OT-lite to the Gentiles as well as belief in Christ.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

iouae

That is the same mistake the Jews made. The law was made to show men what sin is....to declare the whole world guilty. It was never intended to make men righteous by all their attempts to keep it. It was never intended to justify man before our Holy God. And it was never intended to give men life. If you preach that it should be kept for any of those things then you are using it unlawfully. It's why "law keepers" will always fail.

1 Tim. 1:7-10
Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;​

Suppose you try to whisk an egg with a knife. You will say that it does a terrible job.
Now suppose you try to cut some bread with a whisk. Likewise you will say it does a terrible job.

By the same reasoning folks say that the law does a terrible job of justifying and giving life. You correctly said the same thing.

The law did a terrific job of making one [feel] guilty. That was its intended use, exposing guilt. Not removing guilt.

The blood of Jesus does a terrific job of removing guilt.
The blood of Jesus does a terrible job of telling us what sin is. That is the law's job.

Thus the two work together.

The law exposes our guilt.
Christ's blood pardons that guilt.

heir

TOL Subscriber
7) By "7" I mean that if one wants an example of how God wants all men to live, copy Christ. He epitomises all OT and NT law keeping.
We follow Paul

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

iouae

We follow Paul

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

I learned a new word just now and a new doctrine called MAD.
Are you one of these MAD folk?

If you are, where did you learn it? How did you feel when you first heard it?

beloved57

We follow Paul

You have not believed the Gospel ! Tulip is the Gospel !

iouae

You have not believed the Gospel ! Tulip is the Gospel !

Tulip mania or tulipomania (Dutch names include: tulpenmanie, tulpomanie, tulpenwoede, tulpengekte and bollengekte) was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced tulip reached extraordinarily high levels and then suddenly collapsed.[2]

At the peak of tulip mania, in March 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble (or economic bubble)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

RBBI

If you are, where did you learn it? How did you feel when you first heard it?

Fascinating all the isms and schisms they have come up with, isn't it? I have no idea what TULIP is, either. Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We're in the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested Romans 3:21-22 KJV.

It has always been that way. Righteous Abel has received salvation without the Law of Moses.

Abel's righteousness was not his righteousness, it was Christ's righteousness manifest in him through faith.

iouae

Fascinating all the isms and schisms they have come up with, isn't it? I have no idea what TULIP is, either. Peace

You are right.
I looked up TULIP a week ago as well as reading about John Calvin. Every one of the doctrines associated with each letter is utterly wrong.
And Calvin's life was not much to write home about either.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's an acronym not a word, it's used as a pejorative much of the time and is not a "new doctrine". It's been around since Paul 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV
Are you one of those MUD folk?

iouae

It's an acronym not a word, it's used as a pejorative much of the time and is not a "new doctrine". It's been around since Paul 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV
Are you one of those MUD folk?

If you tell me what it means I might answer you as forthrightly as you answered me.

iouae

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, Ephesians 4:11-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

Does how I "feel" matter?

I care about your feelings :)

To be honest, I don't think much of MAD so I was wondering why you do.

RBBI

You are right.
I looked up TULIP a week ago as well as reading about John Calvin. Every one of the doctrines associated with each letter is utterly wrong.
And Calvin's life was not much to write home about either.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I care about your feelings :)

To be honest, I don't think much of MAD so I was wondering why you do.

Mad is that teaching that is to the Gentiles from Romans to Philemon. It is the Gospel of Paul to the Gentiles. Why would you not think much of it. Something against Paul and his writings?