Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It has always been that way.

No it hasn't. Exodus 19:3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;

Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Deuteronomy 6:24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

Deuteronomy 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

And you cannot deny that those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John had to keep the commandments.

John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV

The righteousness of God without the law was certainly not being manifested then! But now, it is! But now means just that: not before, but now!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

RBBI

You are right.
I looked up TULIP a week ago as well as reading about John Calvin. Every one of the doctrines associated with each letter is utterly wrong.
And Calvin's life was not much to write home about either.

I know about Calvin. Why people would be obsessed over his doctrines, is beyond me. He had his part to share, but utterly missed it on many levels, so isn't anyone we should be looking up to. Only Him. Peace

iouae

My objection to MAD is this...

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

MAD just seems to be a variation on the theme of explaining AWAY the Bible.
Let's make parts of the NT irrelevant. For instance nobody from the MAD perspective has yet been able to explain Luke 8:6.

iouae

I know about Calvin. Why people would be obsessed over his doctrines, is beyond me. He had his part to share, but utterly missed it on many levels, so isn't anyone we should be looking up to. Only Him. Peace

Yes. Giving Calvin his due, he was fresh out of Catholicism so we cannot expect too much. But to memorialise his mistakes so much later on. Sad.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let the words "no condemnation" stick in your brain. We are eternally secure in Christ.-Charles W. Swindoll

heir

TOL Subscriber
I care about your feelings :)
I don't. I don't trust them either. I don't always "feel" like God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ hath blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ, but He did. (Ephesians 1:3 KJV).

To be honest, I don't think much of MAD so I was wondering why you do.
I don't think much of the label nor what others think of me (Galatians 1:10 KJV). I'm saved and endevouring to come unto the knowledge of the truth as that is God's will concerning all men today (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). I seek God's approval (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV) by studying accordingly (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Let the words "no condemnation" stick in your brain. We are eternally secure in Christ.-Charles W. Swindoll

:up:

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

iouae

Mad is that teaching that is to the Gentiles from Romans to Philemon. It is the Gospel of Paul to the Gentiles. Why would you not think much of it. Something against Paul and his writings?

I like Paul, but prefer every other NT writer to him.
Gospels definitely my favourites.
Sermon on the mount, the best of the best.

Which are your favourites?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

John, Pauls writings to include the epistles and 1,2,3 John

beloved57

Tulip mania or tulipomania (Dutch names include: tulpenmanie, tulpomanie, tulpenwoede, tulpengekte and bollengekte) was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced tulip reached extraordinarily high levels and then suddenly collapsed.[2]

At the peak of tulip mania, in March 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble (or economic bubble)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Same goes for you, if you don't believe in the truths of Tulip you don't believe in the Gospel of the Grace of God in Christ !

iouae

John, Pauls writings to include the epistles and 1,2,3 John

I prefer Luke far more than John, but that is obviously like art, a matter of taste.

Luke I like because what he writes is opposite to "normal". The prodigal son is abnormal. Lazarus' and the rich man reversal and getting his come-uppance is abnormal. etc.

John talks a lot about light and love, in long speeches. Not saying you are wrong to like him though, or Paul.

Wick Stick

Matthew, John, 1 Corinthians, and 1 Peter in the New. Deuteronomy, Ezekiel and Amos in the Old.

My least favorites are Ephesians, because I think it's translated poorly, and Ruth, because it's basically a piece of political propaganda.

Jarrod

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I prefer Luke far more than John, but that is obviously like art, a matter of taste.

Luke I like because what he writes is opposite to "normal". The prodigal son is abnormal. Lazarus' and the rich man reversal and getting his come-uppance is abnormal. etc.

John talks a lot about light and love, in long speeches. Not saying you are wrong to like him though, or Paul.

Hope not. Isn't God love?

iouae

Same goes for you, if you don't believe in the truths of Tulip you don't believe in the Gospel of the Grace of God in Christ !

I don't believe in the "fallen state" of man and that we are inherently wicked as the first letter I believe stands for. Man is born neither good nor bad, just neutral. Because there is only one right way and infinite wrong ways, by sheer chance exercising free will, a child is more inclined to go wrong than right. Its maths. Not inherent evilness.

beloved57

I don't believe in the "fallen state" of man and that we are inherently wicked as the first letter I believe stands for. Man is born neither good nor bad, just neutral. Because there is only one right way and infinite wrong ways, by sheer chance exercising free will, a child is more inclined to go wrong than right. Its maths. Not inherent evilness.

You don't believe the Gospel of God's Grace in Christ!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Oops, man is born in a fallen sinful state. If not, why is there a need for a savior?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
heir;4536624 said:
No it hasn't. Exodus 19:3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;

Righteous Abel was not of the house of Jacob and he did not receive salvation by keeping the Law of Moses. He was saved by grace through faith. Nothing new under the sun.