Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So please explain Luke 8:6 as it pertains to the House of Israel.

Romans 9:32
Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone.

Is the "stumbling stone" = "rocky ground"?

Did Israel enthusiastically embrace Christ and then stumble over Him?

Then did Israel just wither away?

No.

No

No.

You clearly do not understand what you speak of.

1 Peter 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Im also still waiting for you to answer my earlier questions, still no response from you.

That's not what I speak of. I was trying to get an interpretation of that parable out of you. So consider it me trying to help you out.

Would you like to try again, explaining each symbol?

seed =
rocky ground =
germinate and grow =
wither away =

No, you don't understand what you speak of and seem to conveniently forget what you asked to begin with.

Try going back to what i responded to, read the verse you posted and my responses.

Sorry you lost me.

Post your question again clearly please.

I didnt ask you any questions in this exchange about your verse at the top. I asked you 2 questions earlier in the thread that you ignored.

iouae

I didnt ask you any questions in this exchange about your verse at the top. I asked you 2 questions earlier in the thread that you ignored.

So the original thing I asked was explain Luke 8:6.

So what were your questions?

If this does not stop being like Babel, I am moving on.

Nanja

I am very humbled and Thankful to God for that My Sister !

Know that I appreciate you, My Brother,
and am so Grateful to God for the Truths
you present in your threads. Every one
of them has been a great Blessing to me!
:)

~~~~~

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God told us to become like little children. Would He have said so if they were inherently evil?

Jesus' phrase had to do with an eagerness to learn, not age. Jesus referred to the Twelve as little children.

Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me and as I said to the Jews, "Where I am going, you cannot come," so now I say to you. (John 13:33 NKJV)​

Besides, God created evil.

iouae

Jesus' phrase had to do with an eagerness to learn, not age. Jesus referred to the Twelve as little children.

Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me and as I said to the Jews, "Where I am going, you cannot come," so now I say to you. (John 13:33 NKJV)​

If God set the bar really low such as don't eat one particular fruit, then possibly many of us would never eat that fruit, and live sinless lives.
And if we were sinless, and the wages of sin is death, the opposite is that we would live forever by not eating that fruit.

Thus salvation by works would be possible.

But would we develop any relationship with God in the process?

No. So we would be eternal beings indifferent or hostile to God.

Do you agree so far?

That would be the opposite of what God wants.

So God sets the bar unattainably high by having 613 OT laws or 1050 NT commands knowing that none of us can possibly live sinlessly.

Thus all sin, all deserve death, all need sins forgiven, all need Jesus and God.

The game is rigged :) The house always wins.

iouae

To get back to babies...
There is nothing wrong with them.
They are born sweet and innocent.
To survive, they must cry when they have a need, even when it is 3am.
That is not a sin.
At about age 2, the toddler learns to talk.
At some stage they learn to lie, mostly to avoid consequences.
They may also learn to lash out in frustration.
At some stage they become accountable for their wrong actions and become aware of doing wrong.
Because there are so many ways of sinning, it becomes unavoidable and inevitable that one will slip up at least once and sin. Only with supernatural help could this be avoided, as in the case of Christ.

But this is not a problem since God concluded all under sin. From the start, we were doomed to fail, and in that failure we could reach out to God for help.

God could have created us like the holy angels in heaven, but that somehow does not produce the dependency and gratitude that the current plan of salvation produces.

I don't think that anyone is born inherently evil. Nobody to date can explain where inherent evil resides that could get passed down from Adam. It's not in the DNA.

Rom 5 I believe says a similar thing.
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Look at verse 13. If God did not define lying to be a sin, saying "thou shalt not bear false witness", then our toddler would be sinless. It is TOTALLY ARBITRARY and at the whim of God to define sin.

If I were God I might make posting emoji's a sin. Someone might not realise this and accidentally post one. That would make them a sinner.

Likewise toddlers in the course of random actions become sinners. Its not because they have an evil nature drawn to sin. Its also not because they had anything passed down to them from Adam. Its just a natural product of exercising free will.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

So, God is the creator of all evil, sin, debauchery, murder, adultery,
child molestation, thievery, lying, etc, etc. So, you and B57 just
blame God for all of this? How convenient for you and B57. You
don't have to blame anything on yourself. you just blame God, huh?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Try explaining Christ's parable away then.

Who are those falling on the rock?

Rocky ground:
No deepness, emotions based believers, convinced of the truth of the gospel, but lack deep biblical studying, never settled, blown by every wind of doctrine, saved, unfruitful.

Examples: Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, Blood Moons

Next?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think that anyone is born inherently evil. Nobody to date can explain where inherent evil resides that could get passed down from Adam. It's not in the DNA.

Yes, it's not in the DNA, that's physical, it's in the human spirit. Humans are born incomplete, they lack God's Spirit.

For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. (1 Corinthians 2:11-12 NKJV)​

Last edited:

iouae

Rocky ground:
No deepness, emotions based believers, convinced of the truth of the gospel, but lack deep biblical studying, never settled, blown by every wind of doctrine, saved, unfruitful.

Examples: Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, Blood Moons

Next?

Nice so far.

And the withering away?