Only criminals use cash

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I was kinda sorta thinking that cracking down on the criminal element (drug pushers, pimps, terrorists) would allow honest people to once again do cash transactions without government oversight.

We haven't lost that right just yet but that is where things are headed in the name of dealing with a criminality that has been with us forever and likely will be till the judgment.

Then we'll reap what we sow. Can you think of another time in history where a civilization embraced immoral behavior like we do today?

genuineoriginal

I was kinda sorta thinking that cracking down on the criminal element (drug pushers, pimps, terrorists) would allow honest people to once again do cash transactions without government oversight.
That is the same kind of excuse that is trying to take guns away from honest citizens.
It is not a valid excuse for the kind of tyranny that it creates.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is the same kind of excuse that is trying to take guns away from honest citizens.
It is not a valid excuse for the kind of tyranny that it creates.

According to the founders of our once great country and the Constitution that they wrote, gun ownership (i.e. the right to self defense) is a God-given right; I'm not aware that cash bank deposits are.

genuineoriginal

So you're fine with Abdul depositing $1,000,000 into the account of "Kill all infidels" without any questions asked?
Are you going somewhere with this?

Let's break it down.

The CIA gave Abdul the million dollars that he is using, so when the FBI gets a report from the bank that Abdul deposited the money that the CIA gave him, the CIA tells the FBI that it is not under their jurisdiction, so nothing happens.

Twelve year old Timmy deposits $20 in cash that he gets from running an illegal lemonade stand, this gets reported and Timmy is visited by the local police department and fined $2,000 for running an unlicensed business, then is audited by the IRS for failing to report income.

This is a fun game, but you lost.
Care to try again?

genuineoriginal

According to the founders of our once great country and the Constitution that they wrote, gun ownership (i.e. the right to self defense) is a God-given right; I'm not aware that cash bank deposits are.

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."
U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 10

According to the U.S. Constitution, only gold and silver are legal tender.

But, if you want to argue it, here is a picture of a twenty dollar bill that contains the phrase, "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE" (all capitalization of the phrase is how it is written on the twenty dollar bill).
200px-US_$20_Series_2006_Obverse.jpg

Please explain why the use of legal tender is being monitored for transactions small enough to pay for lunch?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
So you're fine with Abdul depositing $1,000,000 into the account of "Kill all infidels" without any questions asked?

Are you going somewhere with this?

Let's break it down.

The CIA gave Abdul the million dollars that he is using, so when the FBI gets a report from the bank that Abdul deposited the money that the CIA gave him, the CIA tells the FBI that it is not under their jurisdiction, so nothing happens.

Twelve year old Timmy deposits $20 in cash that he gets from running an illegal lemonade stand, this gets reported and Timmy is visited by the local police department and fined $2,000 for running an unlicensed business, then is audited by the IRS for failing to report income.

This is a fun game, but you lost.
Care to try again?

I must have missed your answer, let's try again:

Quote:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
According to the founders of our once great country and the Constitution that they wrote, gun ownership (i.e. the right to self defense) is a God-given right; I'm not aware that cash bank deposits are

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."
U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 10

According to the U.S. Constitution, only gold and silver are legal tender.

But, if you want to argue it, here is a picture of a twenty dollar bill that contains the phrase, "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE" (all capitalization of the phrase is how it is written on the twenty dollar bill).
200px-US_$20_Series_2006_Obverse.jpg

Please explain why the use of legal tender is being monitored for transactions small enough to pay for lunch?

Yes, the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional. Explain what that has to do with government oversight in the banking system that was created (as shown in my earlier link) to prevent the criminal element from laundering money.

genuineoriginal

Yes, the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional. Explain what that has to do with government oversight in the banking system that was created (as shown in my earlier link) to prevent the criminal element from laundering money.

Government oversight is not preventing the criminal element (government, bankers, etc.) from laundering money.

fzappa13

Quote:

Then we'll reap what we sow. Can you think of another time in history where a civilization embraced immoral behavior like we do today?

mmmmm ... ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah? ... and then there was that pre-flood bunch ...

fzappa13

Sounds like a little study might be in order ... that is if the culture you champion is American. There was quite a little tussle over banking for the better part of 150 years until central bankers finally won the day.