Only criminals use cash

fzappa13

I have said for the last 18 years that cash would be banned. Am I a prophet? No. But I read the works of one. What John saw requires it. The hour is later than most think.

1Way1Truth1Life

Doing away with cash will hurt the poor and those with trouble managing credit cards. It also more easily allows thieves to get at it. The security systems on them are jokes. There is no such thing as a secure system especially with computers and electronics. Going cashless is kinda like using duct tape as a security system.

Nazaroo

Never use duct tape as a security system

725268d1348172671-fail-thread-duct-taped-bike-2-600.jpg

genuineoriginal

fzappa13

There is quite the war on cash going on right now.

It's like when I turned my rear to the SSN years ago thinking it would eventually be revealed to be the number spoken of in Revelation 13 ... I knew it was coming so I didn't fight it. I found ways to do without it. I suspect it will be the same with cash. We could pitch a fit but, if the Bible is correct then you might as well steel yourself for this inevitability because it's coming. The question is who has a faith sufficient to do this. Will you trust God to provide for you even if it requires you unplug from the world's monetary system?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
There'd have to be some pretty strange laws going down. There's no law, for example, against having your own currency. Paper money is just a promise to pay something of value on demand.

Bitcoins are just a primitive start. It might be that governments might not even bother with money in the long run.

Of course they could ban such things. How did that work in the old Soviet Union?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
A private currency is a currency issued by a private organization, be it a commercial business or a nonprofit enterprise. It is often contrasted with fiat currency issued by governments or central banks. In many countries, the issuance of private paper currencies is severely restricted by law.

Today, there are over four-thousand privately issued currencies in more than 35 countries. These include commercial trade exchanges that use barter credits as units of exchange, private gold and silver exchanges, local paper money, computerized systems of credits and debits, and digital currencies in circulation, such as digital gold currency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_currency

These can be incredibly hard to suppress. Governments have tried it, with varying degrees of success.

The problem is that if the currency fills an economic need, then suppression will just drive it underground where it can't be taxed.

Rock and a hard place.

moparguy

... All because people don't realize that you can't preemptively stop evil by stopping people from doing things that are, in and of themselves, morally ok.

Silly regulators, government is for punishing certain kinds of evildoers. Not for punishing people who behave in a way your irrational thinking says might LEAD to something bad happening.

I wonder when it will be made illegal to NOT have a bank account/credit card/trackable money and use it for everything.