ECT Open Theism?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Regeneration precedes faith.

Go straight to hell you pervert. You were just shown this. And it isn't like it is the first time.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted,after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

1. Heard the word of truth, which is the gospel
2. Believed the gospel
3. Sealed by the Holy Spirit

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete I got so caught up in that message by you it didn't seem long at all, read all the Scriptures you posted and i was so convinced that I know you were absolutely right and I believe the Holy Spirit testified everything you said to me was fact. It felt surreal, Ive never had anything like that happen to me before. When I was reading Piper's take on the Calvinist view it made me sick to my stomach and angry last night. I was so disgusted I threw it down on the table with force. The Open Theist position makes so much sense to me I have to adopt it. I can believe this gospel it rings true. Im still a little confused how God can predict the future in prophecy. But im sure it will all iron itself out in my mind. So much more logical than believing God is a monster causing all tragedy, crime, and making every single decision for us and then damning us to hell for things he was personally responsible for! Calvinism is so contrary to the God we meet in the pages of the Bible Im surprised anyone believes it.

Wow!

I think...

and I'm not just saying this to be nice...

I think that this is probably my favorite post in TOL history!

My birthday happens to be this week. This will be the best gift I get! Thank You!

I remember having a similar experience when I first read "The Plot" by Bob Enyart. God seemed to turn into a real person right before my eyes and all the confusion that seemed to be on nearly every page of the bible just vanished. It felt like a fog had lifted and the sun had come out. It was amazing!

As for God predicting the future, He does precisely that - predicts it. He doesn't foreknow the future unless whatever it is He's predicting has to do with what He is going to do Himself (Like glorifying the Body of Christ, for example). Having said that, He is infinitely wise and has immediate access to every fact pertinent to whatever prediction He is making and is perfectly capable of working through, with, around and even in direct opposition to whomever or whatever He needs to in order to achieve the goals He has in mind, so He's especially good at getting prophecy correct even way way in advance. But there are prophecies that did not come to pass, as I think you already mentioned.

One more thing, the absolute best single teaching I've ever heard on Open Theism is Bob Enyart's Bible Study through the book of Genesis. He has a separate set of lessons devoted specifically to Open Theism but in my personal opinion the Genesis ones are way better. If you'll PM me your address, I'll have a set sent to you.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete I got so caught up in that message by you it didn't seem long at all, read all the Scriptures you posted and i was so convinced that I know you were absolutely right and I believe the Holy Spirit testified everything you said to me was fact. It felt surreal, Ive never had anything like that happen to me before. When I was reading Piper's take on the Calvinist view it made me sick to my stomach and angry last night. I was so disgusted I threw it down on the table with force. The Open Theist position makes so much sense to me I have to adopt it. I can believe this gospel it rings true. Im still a little confused how God can predict the future in prophecy. But im sure it will all iron itself out in my mind. So much more logical than believing God is a monster causing all tragedy, crime, and making every single decision for us and then damning us to hell for things he was personally responsible for! Calvinism is so contrary to the God we meet in the pages of the Bible Im surprised anyone believes it.

Sent from my LGLK430 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Wow!

I think...

and I'm not just saying this to be nice...

I think that this is probably my favorite post in TOL history!

My birthday happens to be this week. This will be the best gift I get! Thank You!

I remember having a similar experience when I first read "The Plot" by Bob Enyart. God seemed to turn into a real person right before my eyes and all the confusion that seemed to be on nearly every page of the bible just vanished. It felt like a fog had lifted and the sun had come out. It was amazing!

As for God predicting the future, He does precisely that - predicts it. He doesn't foreknow the future unless whatever it is He's predicting has to do with what He is going to do Himself (Like glorifying the Body of Christ, for example). Having said that, He is infinitely wise and has immediate access to every fact pertinent to whatever prediction He is making and is perfectly capable of working through, with, around and even in direct opposition to whomever or whatever He needs to in order to achieve the goals He has in mind, so He's especially good at getting prophecy correct even way way in advance. But there are prophecies that did not come to pass, as I think you already mentioned.

One more thing, the absolute best single teaching I've ever heard on Open Theism is Bob Enyart's Bible Study through the book of Genesis. He has a separate set of lessons devoted specifically to Open Theism but in my personal opinion the Genesis ones are way better. If you'll PM me your address, I'll have a set sent to you.

Resting in Him,
Clete
imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg