ECT Open Theism?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then Calvinist live in a fantasy world. I live on earth the creation of God as is everything in the world. But my mistakes are my own. If i go inside the kitchen anf and punch my wife tonight you would chalk that up to God making me do that? Then why would the police come and take me to jail? What if I decided to have a beer tonight. I havent drank alcohol in 15 years because i was a problem drinker and decided it wasnt good for me to drink so i quit long ago. This true and why i quit. You think God is to blame if i decide to drink a beer tonight of my own volition? If so we serve two totally different Gods. My mistakes in life are my own. I dont blame God anytime I sin or do something stupid. If that makes me a deist then i guess i am. How would anyone be accountable for anything they do in this life if you think God is personally controlling us all. How could he damn anyone to hell? This flies in the face of all reality and is ridiculous to anyone who has actually lived on this earth. If that is calvanism its a demonic heresy with no basis in the real world.

Sent from my LGLK430 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Why do you hesitate to give God the glory for all the bad you have put aside, or the good you have chosen to do, but at the same time, seem to think He must be to blame for all the wrong you have done?

Just because you do not believe He should be in control of you and your actions? Just because you do not want Him to be your ultimate JUDGE for the little bit of moral and willful responsiblity He created you to give answer to?

I fear you are trying to do a rewrite of who and what God Almighty IS . . all kinds of anguish and error develops from those who walk away from the Holy Scriptures, which clearly reveals His attributes, purposes, and will.

When we center upon ourselves overmuch, we lose sight of who created us.

Set your eyes upon Jesus:

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
O’er us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conqu’rors we are!
His Word shall not fail you, He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well;

Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

Swifty357

So nang when jesus told the rich young ruler to go sell everything he owned and come follow him and he wasn't willing to pay the price to follow Jesus. It was actually God who wouldnt let him do as Jesus commanded? What about when the Galatians were believing false gospels. And paul said foolish Galatians who bewitched you? You think it was God? Then why would Paul call them back to their first love and rebuke them? He would have to rebuke God instead in your worldview. Why in Revelations does my resurrected Lord say he who overcometh shall inherit all things and I shall be his God and you shall be my son. It would actually be God doing it for them. And when Jesus says be faithful unto death later in the book when the saints get beheaded and he says i will give you a crown of life. Was Jesus wasting his breath here? Since in your opinion they couldnt be faithful unto death. Not without God doing it for them or making them fail. So Jesus should not be talking to us but the father since its out of our control. Thats so absurd and goes against all of scripture.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So nang when jesus told the rich young ruler to go sell everything he owned and come follow him and he wasn't willing to pay the price to follow Jesus. It was actually God who wouldnt let him do as Jesus commanded?

Only God can change the corrupted human heart, to do what God wills.

What about when the Galatians were believing false gospels. And paul said foolish Galatians who bewitched you? You think it was God?

No. Do you?

Then why would Paul call them back to their first love and rebuke them? He would have to rebuke God instead in your worldview. Why in Revelations does my resurrected Lord say he who overcometh shall inherit all things and I shall be his God and you shall be my son. It would actually be God doing it for them.

Yes, if God so chose . . .

And when Jesus says be faithful unto death later in the book when the saints get beheaded and he says i will give you a crown of life. Was Jesus wasting his breath here? Since in your opinion they couldnt be faithful unto death.

Faith is a gift from God. Faith is NOT generated from any fallen human heart or mind, but faith comes only from God.

Not without God doing it for them or making them fail. So Jesus should not be talking to us but the father since its out of our control. Thats so absurd and goes against all of scripture.

God controls all. Creatures do not. John 15:5

Swifty357

In reality I would never blame God for any mistakes i make. Thats blasphemy. If i did punch my wife tonight God would be very disappointed in me. And i would be mad at myself and ashamed for hitting a woman. It would never occur to my mind that my perfect loving creator was to blame. He has already been so giving to me and patient his Holy Spirit lives inside me leading me into the truth, working on my conscience when i do something wrong. Does God grieve God? When I do something right instead of wrong I want God to be proud of me. If he alone causes us to fall or overcome why give us crowns. Which we throw at Jesus feet but thats beside the point.In your philosophy here if God throws us into hell its his own fault. This is not the Lord who bought me. That isnt the Christian God of the Bible. I wouldnt follow that kind of God to the cornerstore let alone dedicate my life to him. My God died on calvary shedding his blood for me. And was raised and seated at the right hand of God as my mediator. Its nothing I have done that will get me to heaven but the finished work of Christ who loved me enough to die for me while i was still his enemy. Does that sound like the God you are describing to me? The God of the Bible isnt willing that any should perish. And he sent his son to die for us whosoever will believe on him. The sad fact is not everyone will make it some love darkness more than light. Be that as it may God wants us to walk as children of the light. The Bible tells me a different story than the one you are telling me. God want us to choose life and he is loving and full of justice. Not a trickster God playing puppet master making people sin or do good. Why create us if he is going to play all the parts himself. The love between that Gods creatures and him wouldn't be real. With no freewill on our parts no one could choose to follow Christ over Satan. We could never honestly love that God. And he couldn't love automatons either. It wouldnt be real.

Swifty357

Nang your viewpoint cannot be classic Calvinism. No one could believe that gospel. If it wasn't God bewitching the Galatians who else could it be? If God controls everyone at all times. All bible verses against sin or admonishments to do good things, and the fruits of the spirit and resisting the devil would all be unnecessary. Nang i must be misunderstanding what your trying to get across to me. I will study these new books and try to see what im getting wrong. Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer or the brightest bulb. I really think i have to be misunderstanding what calvanist are claiming. Thanks for trying to help me. Ill do some homework and try to get a better understanding.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang your viewpoint cannot be classic Calvinism. No one could believe that gospel.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is founded on Holy Scripture, alone, according to the performance of Jesus Christ, alone, received by the sons of God by faith, alone, through the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit, alone, to the glory of God, alone.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete I agree with a lot of points you made in your last. I have no ties to Rome and know absolutely no creeds at all. I hear them mentioned sometimes and am curious about what heidlborg, westminister, and the apostles creed are. But I too believe the Bible is our only guide to what God wants us to learn, and how we should live, ect. If any creed disagrees with scripture i would have no problem throwing the creed in the trash as profane. If GOD was interested in us learning creeds he would have put some in the Bible. I agree God is way more loving than these reformed calvinist can grasp. If he was some micromanaging God who is behind all evil and terrible sex crimes and murder, ect. He would not have sent his Son to die on the cross for us. That image of God seems cold and impersonal, and would give us no reason to pray to him because his will is settled and even he cannot change his decree. That is blasphemy as far as im concerned. God could have saved the Son on the cross with an army of anfavoif he wanted to. My God can do anything he pleases. Change his mind when Nineveh repents. Send down fire to annihilate Sodom. He can cast Israel aside for unbelief and stiff necks and save us gentiles by grace through faith without works. And he could slap an enemy of Christians down on the way to damacus and make him our apostle and change his name to Paul while he switches gears and save a people with no promises of history to expect anything so glorious as unmerited favor and being grafted in to the natural tree.
Everything up to this point in your post was excellent!

My God is all knowing and all powerful but also our heavenly Father who loves us and wants us to do good and walk as children of the light.being longsuffering and patient giving even the worst of us chances to repent. Why do you think God cant know how everything will turn out because he already seen the consumation of all things. But gave us freewill and didnt force or control us to be robots with no will of our own. while making us do terribly evil crimes we couldnt change if we wanted to. I see no problem with God knowing everything but allowing us to exercise our own wills so we can choose evil or good. God would just be an observer then not the cause of all evil or the reason we go to hell by his decree.

The reason why I think God can't know everything is because the notion is both unbiblical and irrational. Either would kill the doctrine.

As I mentioned earlier, if you want to have a rationally coherent doctrine, you cannot simply drop some doctrines while holding on to others for no other reason than because you like some and you dislike others. A point that I'm sure you agree with or else you'd have never come this far. I mentioned also that it the bottom line difference between the Open and Settled Views has to do with what is referred to as Theology Proper. Our theology of who God is the foundation of the rest of our whole doctrine and one is in fact forced to choose between whether God is living, personal, relational, loving and just or is He omnibig, omniknowing, omnipowerful, etc. You cannot have it both ways and maintain a rational theology, you have to choose (which is deliciously ironic given that the Settled View denies that you have the ability to choose). Incidentally, Nang is perhaps the best person imaginable to demonstrate this inability to rationally have it both ways. Her posts are a nearly never ending stream of double talk and contradiction such that one wonders how a living human mind can produce it while maintaining the ability to communicate it at all.

So, why do I say that the idea that God infallibly knows everything in advance is both irrational and unbiblical?

I'll start with the irrational part first.

You seem to understand that the concept of love is a key component of the Christian faith and it is no accident that the idea that God is loving is one of the key attributes of God for the Open View. Love is an act that only a free will can perform. In order to love, one must be free to choose. If a person stays with you because they love you, it means that they could leave but have chosen to stay. Without the ability to freely leave, staying is meaningless. No action is moral if the action cannot be avoided, if there is no alternative, no ability to do or to do otherwise. This is called the Principle of Alternate Possibilities. And, as I presented in a previous post, if God infallibly knows everything in advance you have no free will....

T = You will answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am.
  1. Yesterday God infallibly believed T. [Supposition of infallible foreknowledge]
  2. If E occurred in the past, it is now-necessary that E occurred then. [Principle of the Necessity of the Past]
  3. It is now-necessary that yesterday God believed T. [1, 2]
  4. Necessarily, if yesterday God believed T, then T. [Definition of “infallibility”]
  5. If p is now-necessary, and necessarily (p → q), then q is now-necessary. [Transfer of Necessity Principle]
  6. So it is now-necessary that T. [3,4,5]
  7. If it is now-necessary that T, then you cannot do otherwise than answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am. [Definition of “necessary”]
  8. Therefore, you cannot do otherwise than answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am. [6, 7]
  9. If you cannot do otherwise when you do an act, you do not act freely. [Principle of Alternate Possibilities]
  10. Therefore, when you answer the telephone tomorrow at 9 am, you will not do it freely. [8, 9]
    Source

I present that argument in the form of a syllogism on purpose. In order to deny the conclusion, one must demonstrate that the line of thinking is fallacious or that one or more of the premises are false. I've been debating this issue for very many years now. To date, I've never seen anyone even make an attempt to do either. The logic is quite inescapable. What Calvinists do instead of refuting the logic is to undermine logic itself. I have no doubt that such will be attempted on this thread as well, if it hasn't already been (I don't read every single post).

So, we are left with the following...

1. Christianity is true. (Heretofore an unstated presupposition)
  2. Love is a necessary condition for the Christian faith. (Not in dispute (even by the Calvinists))
  3. Love is a choice. (Definition of Love)
  4. If God infallibly knows everything in advance we cannot choose. [Established in argument above]
  5. Therefore, if God infallibly knows everything in advance, we cannot love. [3 & 4]
  6. Therefore, if God infallibly knows everything in advance, Christianity is false. [2 & 5] (Definition of "necessary condition")
  7. Therefore, God does not infallibly know everything in advance. [1 & 6]

So that settles the rational argument but does the bible agree? If not, we Christians have a big problem. If the bible does not agree with reason then why bother basing our doctrine on it? If reason can be discarded then there is no way to declare any doctrine false. Without reason we may as well worship the sun and moon and stars and burn poppy seeds for incense and chant and moan our way to the grave because no one could tell us that we were wrong for doing so.

The difficulty here is the format. This is an internet forum and this post is already past long enough to ensure that almost no one will read it all and so I'm not going to make an attempt to make a drawn out biblical argument. What I'm going to do instead is to break one of my own rules and just give you a list of texts to read. I generally avoid proof-texting for two reasons. First of all, I've learned over the years that it just doesn't work but secondly, and just as importantly, its usually not a rationally sound way to make an argument. With scripture, as with any text, context is everything and proof-texting, as a general rule, ignores the context entirely. And a third difficulty lies in the fact that I'm attempting to prove a negative. It really should be the Settled View's burden to prove that God does infallibly know everything in advance rather than my burden to prove that He does not. So, having said that, bare in mind that I am fully aware of such issues and have decided to present what follows in the hopes the you will spend the requisite time and effort reading through these verses that is required to make such a list of any value.

God did not know what Adam would name the animals...
Genesis 2:19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.

God did not know in advance whether Abraham would sacrifice is son...
Genesis 22:11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”
So he said, “Here I am.”
12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

God speaks in terms of alternative possibilities...
Exodus 4:1 Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The Lord has not appeared to you.’”

2 So the Lord said to him, “What is that in your hand?”

He said, “A rod.”

3 And He said, “Cast it on the ground.” So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. 4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail” (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand), 5 “that they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.”

6 Furthermore the Lord said to him, “Now put your hand in your bosom.” And he put his hand in his bosom, and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous, like snow. 7 And He said, “Put your hand in your bosom again.” So he put his hand in his bosom again, and drew it out of his bosom, and behold, it was restored like his other flesh. 8 “Then it will be, if they do not believe you, nor heed the message of the first sign, that they may believe the message of the latter sign. 9 And it shall be, if they do not believe even these two signs, or listen to your voice, that you shall take water from the river[a] and pour it on the dry land. The water which you take from the river will become blood on the dry land.”

God has to perform a test to see if Israel will obey...
Exodus 16:4 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you. And the people shall go out and gather a certain quota every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in My law or not.

God promises the land to those in the exodus and then does not give it to them...
Deuteronomy 1:8 See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the Lord swore to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—to give to them and their descendants after them.’

34 “And the Lord heard the sound of your words, and was angry, and took an oath, saying, 35 ‘Surely not one of these men of this evil generation shall see that good land of which I swore to give to your fathers, 36 except Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him and his children I am giving the land on which he walked, because he wholly followed the Lord.’ 37 The Lord was also angry with me for your sakes, saying, ‘Even you shall not go in there. 38 Joshua the son of Nun, who stands before you, he shall go in there. Encourage him, for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

God gives Israel a CHOICE...
Deuteronomy 11:26 “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known.

God explicitly states that He had no idea that people would burn their own children in worship of a god that doesn't even exist...
Jeremiah 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.’ (stated also in Jeremiah 19)​

Okay, so that plenty of that. There are several dozen such passages that I could quote but that should be more than sufficient to at least prove that I'm not just making empty claims about what the bible teaches.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Nang your viewpoint cannot be classic Calvinism. No one could believe that gospel.
Believe it or not, what she has presented is exactly classical Calvinism. The only difference between her and a typical person who calls themselves Calvinist is that she's bothered to find out what Calvinism actually teaches (almost certainly because of her desire to debate me, by the way). But rather than doing what you rightly anticipate would be a normal human reaction to the doctrine, Nang's hatred of me and of God has led her down a path of blasphemy from which I doubt there is much hope for recovery.

She is, in short, a lunatic. And I am not saying that as a mere insult. I mean that literally. Her mind is broken, debased, malfunctioning or whatever. Use whatever term you like, just know what you're dealing with. She openly believes that right doctrine will not and cannot make sense to us mere humans. She knows that her doctrine is irrational and believes that her willingness to believe it anyway is what the word "faith" means. For her, to be irrational is piety and to reject the irrational is to reject the very gospel itself. And she is not alone! Any educated Calvinist believes the very same thing.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Denial of the divine attribute of Omniscience is indeed the beginning and foundation of Open Theism. (Clete)

See what I mean? Nang's mind simply does not work!

Open Theism starts with what is BIBLICAL and rejects anything that is unbiblical. I wasn't saying that we start with rejecting Omniscience, which I stated clearly in the very next quote that Nang uses.

The proof that Nang is a liar is that no matter how many times I clarify this point, she will FOREVER quote me as saying something that she KNOWS I did not say and do not believe. Honest people do not have to use such tactics.

Coupled with denial of the divine attributes of Simplicity and Immutability (Tambora), Open Theists give ample evidence of their denial of God Almighty altogether, and self-incriminate themselves as being heretics and atheists.
We deny all doctrines that are founded in pagan Greek philosophy rather than in scripture. Aristotle was not a profit of God, he was a pagan homosexual who enjoyed having sex with young boys.

"Rationally biblical?" According to which rationalist? You?
The laws of reason are nothing less than a reflection of God's own mind. The bible explicitly states that God is Reason. (John 1)

Christians regenerated with the mindset of Jesus Christ, have faith given to them that all the Holy Scriptures are breathed by God.
Yes, and as such cannot be self-contradictory nor can they be rightly used as the basis for contradictory doctrines. This is what the word "true" means. If the bible is true then it is consistent both with itself and with reality.

Heretics deny the inspiration and authority of the Word of God, in many various attempts and ways, but it won't work. Matthew 24:35
That's my line!

Please don't take my side!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I dont like about it is saying God doesn't know everything

God says that about his self.

And how could God give us all this endtime prophecy in Daniel and Revelations if he doesn't know the future?

He knows what he will do. You seemed confused a bit about some things.

But I can see Jesus being God in the flesh coming to earth for us as a change for God the Son. Im very confused on this issue is there any good books i should read for the other side the closed viewpoint?

The Bible.

Anyone else wrestle with these things?

Wrestle with what things?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yeah, I don't think you know what he means. Read the text again. That says nothing about picking specific people.

Those chosen in Christ are the saints and the faithful in Christ Jesus (church) who Paul was addressing. Ephesians 1:1

Last time I looked, faithful saints and church members are individual people . . .

Danoh

Those chosen in Christ are the saints and the faithful in Christ Jesus (church) who Paul was addressing. Ephesians 1:1

Last time I looked, faithful saints and church members are individual people . . .

The sense is IN Christ.

God determined in eternity to do some things in; with; and through those - IN - His - Son.

Not to do some things with just any one BUT with those IN His Son.

Sort of like an Airline. They determine to fly their planes to a destination.

They have PREDETERMINED that. "It is settled."

One day, you "make a decision" - you decide you want to visit Florida.

You call on the Airline to find out if they have any flights SCHEDULED for Florida around the time of your desired trip.

They say yes; and you buy a ticket.

You are THEN a part of what they had ALREADY determined to do IN that plane - fly an ASSEMBLY OF people to Florida "in that day."

You show up "in that day" YOUR plane ticket - your purchased possession" is "redeemed" and off you go "caught up in the clouds together with them" - that "assembly" of people.

In fact, right before the plane leaves, the people at the counter "call out" this "assembly of people" who have been "set apart" by virtue of their "purchased possession."

Only, in Ephesians the possession has already been purchased...with Blood IN Him.

Same with a train trip; by the way - "All Aboard - the Soooooul Train!"

"The hippest trip" in Scripture.

Are you IN Christ?

Yes?

Good. Cause God has determined to do some things in those who "GET IN CHRIST!"

If not, well then "get with the program!"

Get IN the Son!

"Petticolt Junction! Whoo! Whoo!"

Danoh

God determined before hand how it will be with those in Christ. Not who it would be.

Yep :)

At the same time; I have to hand it to Swifty.

At least from my standpoint; though he is looking at some passages too simplistically (concluding to soon that what HE thinks they are saying IS what they are saying) nevertheless, as far as I am concerned, he is on the right track in his reliance (perhaps unawares), on what I would refer to as his "Mid-Acts intuition" as he considers the issue he is wrestling with.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God determined before hand how it will be with those in Christ. Not who it would be.

Which is, they would be "faithful."

Faith only comes from God. Faithfulness is not inherent to any descendent of the first Adam. Faithfulness only comes by the gift of the last Adam, Jesus Christ.

So the Apostle John's words stand:

" . . Children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12b-13

Danoh

Which is, they would be "faithful."

Faith only comes from God. Faithfulness is not inherent to any descendent of the first Adam. Faithfulness only comes by the gift of the last Adam, Jesus Christ.

So the Apostle John's words stand:

" . . Children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12b-13

That is YOU reading YOUR interpretation INTO that passage.

The ol prooftexting routine.

Itself the result of oversimplifying the passage - of "it appears to assert this and that, therefore this and that is what it says - it means what it says..."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This makes no sense from a grammar point of view. Nobody is chosen in Christ. God desires all to be saved. But only those that choose to trust him will be.

Ephesians 1

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

You enemy of all righteousness. You child of the devil. How long will you go on perverting the straight ways of the Lord? The order is hear the gospel, believe, then saved. If you do not believe, you are not going to be sealed.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This makes no sense from a grammar point of view.

Grammar? What does English grammar have to do with the Gospel message?

Nobody is chosen in Christ.

:eek: What a shocking denial of the entire Biblical Gospel message!

God desires all to be saved. But only those that choose to trust him will be.

Ephesians 1

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

You enemy of all righteousness. You child of the devil. How long will you go on perverting the straight ways of the Lord? The order is hear the gospel, believe, then saved. If you do not believe, you are not going to be sealed.

No sinner has ears (spiritual comprehension) to hear the Gospel message, until they are raised from spiritual death, to new life through regeneration of the Holy Spirit. John 3::3-8; I Cor. 2:10-14;; Ephesians 1:13-14.

Regeneration precedes faith.

Swifty357

Clete I got so caught up in that message by you it didn't seem long at all, read all the Scriptures you posted and i was so convinced that I know you were absolutely right and I believe the Holy Spirit testified everything you said to me was fact. It felt surreal, Ive never had anything like that happen to me before. When I was reading Piper's take on the Calvinist view it made me sick to my stomach and angry last night. I was so disgusted I threw it down on the table with force. The Open Theist position makes so much sense to me I have to adopt it. I can believe this gospel it rings true. Im still a little confused how God can predict the future in prophecy. But im sure it will all iron itself out in my mind. So much more logical than believing God is a monster causing all tragedy, crime, and making every single decision for us and then damning us to hell for things he was personally responsible for! Calvinism is so contrary to the God we meet in the pages of the Bible Im surprised anyone believes it.