Pastor brags about punching kid in the chest

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wasn't talking about him. I'm talking about you.

And here I thought that the topic was about a Christian youth pastor who gave a smart aleck teenager a much needed wakeup call.

What would you have done musty, given the kid a "time out"?

"Now Ben, go over to the corner for a few minutes to think about what you've done."

musterion

I'd have shared the Gospel of Christ with him, which you would refuse to do because you don't believe it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCulturewarrior

And here I thought that the topic was about a Christian youth pastor who gave a smart aleck teenager a much needed wakeup call.

What would you have done musty, given the kid a "time out"?

"Now Ben, go over to the corner for a few minutes to think about what you've done."

I'd have shared the Gospel of Christ with him, which you would refuse to do because you don't believe it.

The teenager whom the youth pastor identified as "Ben" was already in the church's youth ministry program (i.e. the Gospel of Christ was being shared with him).

Wait, you aren't a disciple of the Libertarian NAP doctrine like Jr. are you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle

elohiym

"...and I lead that young man [Ben] to the Lord right there."

He killed him?

Commotio cordis occurs mostly in boys and young men (average age 15), usually during sports, most often baseball, often despite a chest protector. It is most often caused by a projectile, but can also be caused by the blow of an elbow or other body part. Being less developed, the thorax of an adolescent is likely more prone to this injury given the circumstances.​

What that "pastor" did could have killed the young man.

Don't you atheists and pagans just hate it when not all Christian pastors are limp wristed?

Will you let a large, muscular man punch your chest as hard as he can?

Maybe you really don't have a heart. :idunno:

Quincy

Despite being a Christian myself, and of quite the "fundamentalist" variety, I agree with you on this.

I don't disagree with the core of the faith I was taught, but I did come to disagree on some smaller topics. But, when I was younger there was a time in my life when I hated God. Had my parents or pastor responded to my issues by punching me, I doubt I would have stayed a Christian for very long.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that aCW would condone this. I wouldn't let him near my kids, if I had kids.

Right, I agree. The kid (hopefully at least an older teenager so he wasn't too hurt but even then) found fear of the Christians around him and what they'd do if he didn't listen. Instead of having faith in God to call the boy to his grace, the pastor assaulted him. Guys like this pastor are Christian by philosophy only. They have little faith.

Quincy

He killed him?

Commotio cordis occurs mostly in boys and young men (average age 15), usually during sports, most often baseball, often despite a chest protector. It is most often caused by a projectile, but can also be caused by the blow of an elbow or other body part. Being less developed, the thorax of an adolescent is likely more prone to this injury given the circumstances.​

I'm glad to see people who are wise enough to not approve of a grown man heart punching a minor. I'm sad though, that I would consider that wisdom today and not common sense.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I know just the thought of corporal punishment makes you want to hurl Doormat, but sometimes kids (good kids like Ben), need it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"...and I lead that young man [Ben] to the Lord right there."

Don't you atheists and pagans just hate it when not all Christian pastors are limp wristed?

Oh. I see. The opposite of limp wristed is abusive. Thanks for clearing that up.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's the kid's parents' responsibility, not the abusive creep calling himself a "pastor."

Maybe mommy and daddy weren't being good parents to begin with if Ben was being disruptive in his youth ministry program and being disrespectful towards adults.

musterion

The teenager whom the youth pastor identified as "Ben" was already in the church's youth ministry program (i.e. the Gospel of Christ was being shared with him).

Nice dodge. I'm no longer talking about the false minister/striker. I'm still talking about you. Which you noticed. Which is why you're still talking about him.

I see right through you.

Quincy

You've heard it here first folks. Send your kids to a youth group, so they get punched into submission towards your religion. :AMR:

elohiym

Maybe mommy and daddy weren't being good parents to begin with if Ben was being disruptive in his youth ministry program and being disrespectful towards adults.

Then maybe the "pastor" should have punched Ben's father and mother in the chest, but I'm guessing he'd rather dominate boys and punish them for their parents' mistakes.