Pastor brags about punching kid in the chest

Arthur Brain

You're once again showing that you never played sports Art (I suppose ping pong is a sport, for those that don't want to break a fingernail).

Hitting someone in the chest is quite different than hitting someone in the head.

Eh, I've played plenty of sports in my time, not been much good at most of em' to be fair but yeh, I excelled at 'ping pong' although that requires a level of fitness and stamina along with hand eye co-ordination to actually be any good at it that only an ignoramus would deny. So no surprise that you display the ignorance that would 'inform' that, again...

It's also completely whacko to compare 'correction' to being punched full force in the chest as that would constitute assault had this 'pastor' inflicted such on an adult let alone a child, and yet you not only defend it but endorse it. Would you punch a minor full force in the chest aCW if it was "justifiable" as you believe it was for the pastor in question?

:think:

Arthur Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Does punishment (in this case corporal punishment for an unruly Christian teenager), help lead people down the road of righteousness?

I know that this answer will send you and your liberal buddy Doom into cardiac arrest, but here it goes:

I was spanked as a kid when I was unruly and it made me see the straight and narrow that much clearer.

GASP!!!

(neither of you can relate to that "spare the rod, spoil the child" verse from Holy Scripture obviously).

A parent spanking their own child is far removed from a supposed 'man of the cloth' using physical violence to "crumple" a kid and who would be guilty of abusive assault.

In your case the spanking seemed to give you blurred vision at best...

It is total lunacy that this "pastor" would do something like this. He is disqualified from serving as a pastor according to the Word of God. His "church" should remove him from the office.

I

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A parent spanking their own child is far removed from a supposed 'man of the cloth' using physical violence to "crumple" a kid and who would be guilty of abusive assault.

Doom is getting together with the atheist that started this thread to see if there were criminal charges brought against the pastor by the parents of the unruly teenager or if his church disciplined him. Stay tuned for Doom's results.

In your case the spanking seemed to give you blurred vision at best...

Yet one of us is happily married with children and the other (at age 43) never has been.

Arthur Brain

Doom is getting together with the atheist that started this thread to see if there were criminal charges brought against the pastor by the parents of the unruly teenager or if his church disciplined him. Stay tuned for Doom's results.

There should have been criminal charges brought against this guy whether or not his 'church' disciplined him if his claims to have punched a minor in the chest hold true. It's physical assault no matter what *justification* you might like to put on it.

Yet one of us is happily married with children and the other (at age 43) never has been.

Eh, I believe you to be as you describe as much as I believe any police force would ever have you as a cop - that is to say I don't believe it at all and in the light of this thread I sincerely hope you don't have any children also considering how lightly you deem the assault of such to be.

Dunno who this 43 year old is you're talking about either...

Arthur Brain

Btw aCW, would you punch somebody else's child full force in the chest if you thought it was 'justifiable' enough in terms of "correction"? Haven't answered that one yet...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Btw aCW, would you punch somebody else's child full force in the chest if you thought it was 'justifiable' enough in terms of "correction"? Haven't answered that one yet...

Let's get one thing straight here Art:

A God-HATING atheist started this thread and it's served his intention well:

Christians arguing amongst themselves.

That being said: We don't know all of the details of the incident. What we do know is that (according to the youth pastor) the teenager turned out to love the Lord.

With as many messed up youth as there are in today's society, we need more youth pastors like this man.

Arthur Brain

Let's get one thing straight here Art:

A God-HATING atheist started this thread and it's served his intention well:

Christians arguing amongst themselves.

That being said: We don't know all of the details of the incident. What we do know is that (according to the youth pastor) the teenager turned out to love the Lord.

With as many messed up youth as there are in today's society, we need more youth pastors like this man.

Hey, calm down there aCW, you're starting to sound a bit....melodramatic...

As it turns out most everyone - including Christians - are taking exception to your justification to what can only be described as physical assault of a minor if this pastor did as he claimed.

According to you he wouldn't have done anything wrong if such were true, which by association means you have no problem with using violence against minors in general if "justifiable"...

Oh, and you didn't answer the question: Would YOU punch someone else's kid in the chest full force if you deemed it all okay in 'teaching' them?

Last edited:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
i've read reports of kids getting hit in the chest with hockey pucks or lacrosse balls and going into cardiac dysrhythmia

pastor's lucky he didnt have to perform cpr

shagster01

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I know that this answer will send you and your liberal buddy Doom into cardiac arrest, but here it goes:

Follow up on the case, see if the parents disapproved and filed criminal charges and/or if the youth pastor was disciplined. I'm sure the atheist that posted the video can assist you in your investigation.

Quote:
I was spanked as a kid when I was unruly and it made me see the straight and narrow that much clearer.

Be sure to get back to us on your investigation on whether or not the parents filed charges or if the youth pastor was disciplined.

Quote:
(neither of you can relate to that "spare the rod, spoil the child" verse from Holy Scripture obviously).

(It's my 3 part WHMBR! thread that really has sent Doom into a tizzy).

Many people don't file charges on youth pastors that molest kids either. Therefore, Connie approves.

Selaphiel

"...and I lead that young man [Ben] to the Lord right there."

Don't you atheists and pagans just hate it when not all Christian pastors are limp wristed?

I find it hard to imagine anything more limp wristed or impotent than an adult that has to use violence against children and/or adolescents to get a modicum of respect.

Quincy

LOL!! Even he knew what he did was wrong and the church originally deleted the video.

Good ole aCW, I suppose he puts seasoning on his foot before he eats it by now.

Arthur Brain

LOL!! Even he knew what he did was wrong and the church originally deleted the video.

Good ole aCW, I suppose he puts seasoning on his foot before he eats it by now.

Now now Quincy, you're only stirring up more division for those who agree with aCW that punching kids 'BAM' in the chest is all fine an' dandy if you're a pastor provided there's 'justification' for it...:nono:

Oh, actually, who was agreeing with aCW at all on this thread? :liberals: It would seem that even the pastor in question acknowledges it was wrong...

Christian Liberty

I'd have shared the Gospel of Christ with him, which you would refuse to do because you don't believe it.

So true.

Right, I agree. The kid (hopefully at least an older teenager so he wasn't too hurt but even then) found fear of the Christians around him and what they'd do if he didn't listen. Instead of having faith in God to call the boy to his grace, the pastor assaulted him. Guys like this pastor are Christian by philosophy only. They have little faith.

Amen.
No, punching a kid full force in the chest is abuse Connie. I would have thought as a *cop* you would have been aware of this. Tell me, if this guy had punched the kid in the head to 'straighten' him out would you have approved in much the same way?

Cops got away with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

I've no doubt he was a cop, plenty of scumbags are. I understand there are some good people that get sucked into that type of career because they don't understand what it really entails. But aCW isn't one of those.
It is anecdotal with nothing else to back it up one way or the other. I'd suggest either reporting it to CPS or letting it go. I'm not sure discussing it on TOL is going anywhere. My 2 cents, probably not worth even that...

If I was the parent I'd go confront the pastor myself. I'd also be out of that "church" immediately. I would not drag in creeps like CPS who love to steal children without cause. Don't play games with the government. If it isn't worth taking someone's kid over, don't risk getting CPS involved.

I am in agreement that this thread topic was unimportant in the grand scheme of things and that Tinark was probably trying to cause trouble. But its nice to have one creep (aCW) expose himself yet again in this thread.

I have my doubts about whether it even happened, since you'd think the boy would have been taken to the ER after getting punched in the chest by a grown man, as hard as the man could punch. He would have got charged then, one would hope. We'd need more information than what the video gives but uh, regardless, on principal it would be a dumb thing to do by a guy who'd rather trust violence instead of faith in God to do his work.

What probably happened, was a case of a hot-headed preacher getting mad at a smart-alec kid and he smacked him on shoulder, turning it into some big deal during his sermon.

You're probably right about what happened. Even if he described it accurately though... the guy should be fired and have to pay compensation to the kid, but I don't think having the just-us system throw him into a rape cage is any kind of a solution. People should be more careful about asking for "the law" to deal with stuff, even in general and certainly when it is corrupt.
There should have been criminal charges brought against this guy whether or not his 'church' disciplined him if his claims to have punched a minor in the chest hold true. It's physical assault no matter what *justification* you might like to put on it.

See immediately above.

Eh, I believe you to be as you describe as much as I believe any police force would ever have you as a cop - that is to say I don't believe it at all and in the light of this thread I sincerely hope you don't have any children also considering how lightly you deem the assault of such to be.

Dunno who this 43 year old is you're talking about either...

Cops let the scumbags who did this on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

aCW probably was a cop. I believe that part. I doubt his family is happy though.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame