ECT Paul was a pentecostal Christian.

oatmeal

It seems like it.

that's why I don't like him much. Jesus did not talk about speaking in tongues.

Really? have you not read

Mark 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

oatmeal

The morning of my water baptism (later in the day) I do not believe there was a happier person in the world despite me loosing millions, my girlfriend, and recently being ordered to report to Federal Prison. All that really mattered to me was I knew there was a God in Heaven who loved me, and everything else going on at the time even as bad as it was did not add up to anything of any importance to me. God loved me and everyone else could go fly a kite

While laying face down on my bedroom floor and praying out loud I became aware of some strange sounds in the form of words coming from me several weeks before I read about speaking in tongues.

It was not until after I read of speaking in tongues that I asked a man who was instrumental in the beginning of my prodigal son return home journey, if he thought I had been speaking in tongues?

His reply was he knew people who spoke in tongues, but he did not, and he was sure I had not spoken in tongues either. Unfortunately this added up to a good/bad example of one believer becoming a stumbling stone of another believer through quenching the spirit within a newly "reborn" follower of Christ. Not surprisingly God soon removed him from being in a position of influencing my spiritual development.

How I feel about tongues today.........

When that which is perfect is come (knowledge of the truth of what is and what will be) tongues will cease being spoken by the person gaining said knowledge.

Other than one brief incident years ago and one episode last year when I woke up in the middle of the night praying in tongues over someone I already knew God had a special anointing for (God would not give me what to say over them in English until I finally and reluctantly agreed to obey Him and anoint the person).

Although much easier for me not having to do it, unfortunately, the person missed their opportunity to "come up hither". Equally unfortunate is I am less than confident the opportunity is going to come around again despite my own desire to see this person receive the fulness of what our Father has for them. At the least it will not be coming from me anytime soon, so I have asked God to raise someone else up to get done what I failed to do.

I have never found it easy to pray over people despite a divine occurrence practically being guaranteed to happen...... at least that is the way it has been in the past in all but one time

I never could understand persons who go around laying hands on anybody who is willing to wait in line, as to what makes them think God does not have mercy on those of His choosing rather than their choosing?

1 Timothy 5:22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

No one on earth has been given a gift to heal others, and no one can pass on an anointing they do not already possess (the lessor can only be blessed by the greater)

What God does is first look at the person making the request........ then all decisions are up to Him and not us.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

There are many people that have spoken in tongues without "formal education" on the subject

Scripture has much to say on the subject, but it takes disciplined study to sort out it out. The person I learned from took maybe 2 decades to sort it all out and continued to learn.

A wonderful teacher of God's word.

It is surprising and a deep blessing to learn what God's word has to say on the subject

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
What would you know?

Do you speak in tongues?

Why not? You are commanded to so. I Corinthians 14:5

I have and can but I have it under control by putting the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth that refines, raises and circulates internal energy through the Microcosmic Orbit.

If you don't do the proper tongue position, you'll babble. Your wild variations of bubbles are expressions of yourself. You can praise God and babble if you want. I never said it's wrong. You may groan and moan in prayer all you want and is fine with all of us the the biblical tongues of foreign spoken language still stands and can't be modified . We don't mix the two and lie to the public to gain money for the pastors while they bang your head and steal your cash.

Way international will break your neck if you don't earn your salvation.

scrooged-bill-murray.gif

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
It certainly would be no exaggeration to say that the tongues phenomenon has caused one of the greatest crises the church has faced in this generation. Tongues is no longer something witnessed in Pentecostal churches only; it is now seen everywhere from Roman Catholicism to Baptist and other independent churches. For centuries all of Christendom recognized the gift to be inoperative; now, along with its accompanying claims to healings, miracles, revelations, and "slayings in the Spirit," (which, by the way, is something completely unknown to even the early church itself), it has invaded virtually every denomination. Its preachers are claiming the occurrence of a modern Pentecost. Some are accusing preachers who refuse to recognize the gift of being deceivers who rob God's people of God-sent blessings. In short, it has become one of the hottest issues on the ecclesiastical scene: those who believe in it can not stop talking about it, and those who do not accept it seemingly never stop hearing about it!

oatmeal

I have and can but I have it under control by putting the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth that refines, raises and circulates internal energy through the Microcosmic Orbit.

If you don't do the proper tongue position, you'll babble. Your wild variations of bubbles are expressions of yourself. You can praise God and babble if you want. I never said it's wrong. You may groan and moan in prayer all you want and is fine with all of us the the biblical tongues of foreign spoken language still stands and can't be modified . We don't mix the two and lie to the public to gain money for the pastors while they bang your head and steal your cash.

Way international will break your neck if you don't earn your salvation.

scrooged-bill-murray.gif

You are woefully ignorant of scripture and prefer tabloids over scripture

oatmeal

It certainly would be no exaggeration to say that the tongues phenomenon has caused one of the greatest crises the church has faced in this generation. Tongues is no longer something witnessed in Pentecostal churches only; it is now seen everywhere from Roman Catholicism to Baptist and other independent churches. For centuries all of Christendom recognized the gift to be inoperative; now, along with its accompanying claims to healings, miracles, revelations, and "slayings in the Spirit," (which, by the way, is something completely unknown to even the early church itself), it has invaded virtually every denomination. Its preachers are claiming the occurrence of a modern Pentecost. Some are accusing preachers who refuse to recognize the gift of being deceivers who rob God's people of God-sent blessings. In short, it has become one of the hottest issues on the ecclesiastical scene: those who believe in it can not stop talking about it, and those who do not accept it seemingly never stop hearing about it!

Acts 2:4

The crisis was caused by the religious elite who orchestrated the arrest and execution of Jesus Christ.

You are of the same mold

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After all that I have posted on this forum, and you want to ask me that??

I asked because of the nasty way you were speaking to Oats.

Filled as in the early church filling---

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You should be guided by the Lord and not look at the failings of men.

As the age gets closer to ending you will hear much more about it, but you probably miss understanding what is going on in the person who genuinely does speak in tongues.

LA

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
by-default-logo.GIF

You should be guided by the Lord and not look at the failings of men.

As the age gets closer to ending you will hear much more about it, but you probably miss understanding what is going on in the person who genuinely does speak in tongues.

LA

All elects are guided by the Lord due to being born from above first before believing. Regeneration precedes faith.

And with your false arminian semi pelagian theology, you try to convince others to save themselves without God's regenerating powers that causes belief.

You believe man made fake belief precedes regeneration which defaults you back to naturally born sinner where God's passes over you leaving you in the same sin state all mankind is born with.

You're still in default mode by the examples of your posts denying Jesus as your Lord.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
by-default-logo.GIF

All elects are guided by the Lord due to being born from above first before believing. Regeneration precedes faith.

And with your false arminian semi pelagian theology, you try to convince others to save themselves without God's regenerating powers that causes belief.

You believe man made fake belief precedes regeneration which defaults you back to naturally born sinner where God's passes over you leaving you in the same sin state all mankind is born with.

You're still in default mode by the examples of your posts denying Jesus as your Lord.

You are wrong on all points.

If you were supposedly regenerated before faith then what spirit gave you the impression that you were?

LA

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Acts 2:4

The crisis was caused by the religious elite who orchestrated the arrest and execution of Jesus Christ.

You are of the same mold

Paul expressly requires that a man be in control of his faculties at all times. Being "carried away" is reflective of the pagan religions, not Christian gifts (I Corinthians 12:2). This regulation precludes any so-called "slaying in the Spirit" or the like in which a person is completely out of control; when the Holy Spirit requires self control, He will not then cause the opposite. He will not violate His own word. The objection is often given, "But what if the Holy Spirit should so overwhelm me that I lose touch with reality?" or, "I just couldn't hold it in," or the like. But the clear assumption of this verse is that the Holy Spirit will never do that. He has forbidden it, and He simply will never cause anything which is contrary to His word. Never.

The Elects always flee the way international cult gatherings.

running.gif

Cross Reference

I asked because of the nasty way you were speaking to Oats.

Filled as in the early church filling---

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

LA

You really don't want to throw stones, do you?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You are wrong on all points.

If you were supposedly regenerated before faith then what spirit gave you the impression that you were?

LA

I was talking about the elects. I didn't talk about me.

I'm not into boastful me-ism like you.

It isn't about me, it's about God

You're like the despicable me who boasts about himself.

giphy.gif

Cross Reference

by-default-logo.GIF

Why don't you stop worshipping your pet doctrines and worship Jesus Christ? What have you to gain by pursuing your quest to condemn what you or Who you don't understand?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was talking about the elects. I didn't talk about me.

I'm not into boastful me-ism like you.

It isn't about me, it's about God

You're like the despicable me who boasts about himself.

giphy.gif

So you are not one of the elect?

I did not know you were despicable but I am not like you.

I talk about my faith because that is the only way I can share what Christ has given me.

It can not be helped.

LA