ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't seen anything here which presents a strong or robust case against Pentecostalism.

It has already been shown here, many times.

Romans `11:11

Pentecost is about Israel. The scripture bears it out. That is the end of it.

andyc

It has already been shown here, many times.

Romans `11:11

Pentecost is about Israel. The scripture bears it out. That is the end of it.

The Passover was about Israel. This doesn't negate what Christ did that affects us today. Just as what the Holy Spirit did on the day of Pentecost still affects us today.

DAN P

The Passover was about Israel. This doesn't negate what Christ did that affects us today. Just as what the Holy Spirit did on the day of Pentecost still affects us today.

Hi , and will you provide a NERVE of verves ??:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

You want proof that what Jesus did during the Passover impacts you today?

Only an atheist would want proof of this.

Hi and one of your buddies , says we have not presented nothing , so explain how you received the Holy SPIRIT !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

andyc

Hi and one of your buddies , says we have not presented nothing , so explain how you received the Holy SPIRIT !!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

Ask and receive.

So far no one has presented a scriptural case against the gifts of the Spirit being available today.
Come on. Someone must be able to find an argument from scripture somewhere. Try harder.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ask and receive.

So far no one has presented a scriptural case against the gifts of the Spirit being available today.
Come on. Someone must be able to find an argument from scripture somewhere. Try harder.

Per the Mark 11 KJV principle, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you "a scriptural case against the gifts of the Spirit being available today."

1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues,they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Scripture testifies, that the gift of tongues, one of "the gifts of the Spirit," shall cease. When will that be, providing a "scriptural case," as to when?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Ask and receive.

No need to try harder. Of course these things happen all over the world. We're not denying them. Yoga are identical to charismatic movements. They both carry the same exact events such as involuntarily falls down unconscious and enters a rapturous state of super-conscious bliss and beautiful visions and often involving astral projection accompanied by uncontrollable laughter or weeping and they could send others into this state with a single touch to the head or chest

andyc

Per the Mark 11 KJV principle, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you "a scriptural case against the gifts of the Spirit being available today."

1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues,they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Scripture testifies, that the gift of tongues, one of "the gifts of the Spirit," shall cease. When will that be, providing a "scriptural case," as to when?

When?
When that which is perfect comes. What is imperfect?
Faith. All the gifts are to be used in faith. By faith we see as in a mirror dimly. Faith is no longer required when seeing face to face.

andyc

No need to try harder. Of course these things happen all over the world. We're not denying them. Yoga are identical to charismatic movements. They both carry the same exact events such as involuntarily falls down unconscious and enters a rapturous state of super-conscious bliss and beautiful visions and often involving astral projection accompanied by uncontrollable laughter or weeping and they could send others into this state with a single touch to the head or chest

But we're not talking about these manifestations, puppet.

Word based mystic

But we're not talking about these manifestations, puppet.

it is one of satans objectives to demean and try to imitate Gods structure and activity.

It is plain to see in occultic activity.

it is why misrepresenting the Holy Spirits gifts and his works is such a serious sin.

one must spiritually discern the activity going on around us. both in church and without.

that comes from scriptural understanding for the baseline and spiritual discernment for the practical Spirit expression in our daily lives.

one must walk in the Spirit to avoid the carnal, demonic and sensual activity the devil and the flesh tempts people with.

We were equipped with the Holy Spirit for these very purposes.
to empower us with His Spirit leading.

otherwise you are walking and understanding in the carnality of your mental knowledge and understanding.

Cross Reference

If you had the "Promise of the Father" you would have no difficulty in ascertaining that which is of God [True] and that which is of Satan [false].
It seems to me everyone who claims Jesus as Lord would want to have what He has enabled His saints with, those who are walking with Him already possess.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
If you had the "Promise of the Father" you would have no difficulty in ascertaining that which is of God [True] and that which is of Satan [false].
It seems to me everyone who claims Jesus as Lord would want to have what He has enabled His saints with, those who are walking with Him already possess.

It's alright for everyone to babble.

john w

Hall of Fame
When?
When that which is perfect comes. What is imperfect?
Faith. All the gifts are to be used in faith. By faith we see as in a mirror dimly. Faith is no longer required when seeing face to face.

Fair enough-you answered. Wrong answer.

Perfect=the word of God.

andyc

Fair enough-you answered. Wrong answer.

Perfect=the word of God.

This is a ridiculous idea.

Firstly, the word of God is subject to imperfect human interpretation.
Since Paul is talking about knowing perfectly, "to know as we are known", it would require a perfect understanding of the entire word of God. And seeing as no one would claim to have this, it negates the idea that Paul was talking about the completed bible.

Secondly, the first canon was compiled in AD 170. Long after the death of the apostles.

Thirdly, Paul explained that now hope, faith, and love remain. Hope and faith are not necessary when the things hoped for are in our possession. Who hopes for what he already sees?
If we see dimly, not face to face, we are seeing by faith through hope. But when we see face to face, faith is done away with. We will not need gifts to minister the principles of the kingdom of God.

andyc

it is one of satans objectives to demean and try to imitate Gods structure and activity.

It is plain to see in occultic activity.

it is why misrepresenting the Holy Spirits gifts and his works is such a serious sin.

one must spiritually discern the activity going on around us. both in church and without.

that comes from scriptural understanding for the baseline and spiritual discernment for the practical Spirit expression in our daily lives.

one must walk in the Spirit to avoid the carnal, demonic and sensual activity the devil and the flesh tempts people with.

We were equipped with the Holy Spirit for these very purposes.
to empower us with His Spirit leading.

otherwise you are walking and understanding in the carnality of your mental knowledge and understanding.

That's right. I remember in scripture where Paul was troubled when a slave girl influenced by a spirit of divination followed him for many day. Although the girl said the right things, it was not by the Holy Spirit.
People who are Spirit filled will be troubled if demons are at work. There will be no liberty at all.

Most of the time what people tend to mock, is flesh.
It is assumed that people should never laugh, cry, shake, or fall to the ground under the power of the Spirit. What they don't realize is that it is not the manifestation of the flesh that is important, but the cause of it. If God is doing something awesome in me, I'm not going to care very much what people are seeing from me.
I remember a time when there was a woman who had been laying on the floor for a while not moving. The pastor thought it was time she snapped out of it, so he went over to her and gave a nudge. He then went flying across the other side of the church. He got a little taste of what was happening inside this woman. :chuckle: