Petitions

Petitions

• No, I will not support marriage rights for homosexuals.

Votes: 53 86.9%
  • Yes, I will support the right of homosexuals to be married.

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lucybelle

TOL Princess
I totally disagree with Gay Marriage - not just because of my religious convictions, but I also believe it's a lousy idea economically speaking as well...
Down with Gay Marriage!
They can have any thing else but marriage...for example, I'm willing to let them have Aids - and most other sexually transmitted diseases...and....I think that's being very generous.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Agent Smith

Of the five votes for gay marriage, how many of those are homosexuals that want to have the right to get married?

Homosexuals already have the right to get married.

Just not to each other. :freak:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
# 37

Wow, so this is what being in the majority feels like.:D I like this new feeling.
BTW, not only am I against homosexuality, but also adultery, and all the other improper sexual relations mentioned in Leviticus 18, I guess I am now back in the minority.:(

firechyld

AS...

Of the five votes for gay marriage, how many of those are homosexuals that want to have the right to get married?

I don't necessarily want homosexual marriage legalised for myself... but if I ever decided to marry a woman, I'd want to be able to.

So I won't answer that question with a yes or a no. I want homosexual marriage legalised so that other people can enter into marriage, should they desire to.

I'm all for the acceptance of monogamous marriage as an ideal for everyone.

lucy...
I totally disagree with Gay Marriage - not just because of my religious convictions, but I also believe it's a lousy idea economically speaking as well...
Down with Gay Marriage!

Why do you say that gay marriage is a bad idea economically?

Free-Agent Smith

Originally posted by firechyld

I don't necessarily want homosexual marriage legalised for myself... but if I ever decided to marry a woman, I'd want to be able to.

So I won't answer that question with a yes or a no. I want homosexual marriage legalised so that other people can enter into marriage, should they desire to.

I'm all for the acceptance of monogamous marriage as an ideal for everyone.
I'll complain less as long as it is kept in Australia

firechyld

*shrug*

Fair enuff.

You do realise that a marriage undertaken in Australia will probably be recognised in the US? It works for Canada and the Netherlands.

Free-Agent Smith

*shrug*

Fair enuff.

You do realise that a marriage undertaken in Australia will probably be recognised in the US? It works for Canada and the Netherlands.
If it comes up for vote, I will be against it also.

Crow

*shrug*

Fair enuff.

And do you also believe that if a man in some other countriy marries 12 women and emigrates to the US that ALL will be recognized here as his legal wives?

:darwinsm:

firechyld

And do you also believe that if a man in some other countriy marries 12 women and emigrates to the US that ALL will be recognized here as his legal wives?

I based my comment on actual fact. Homosexuals can currently marry in Amsterdam or Canada and have their marriages recognised in the US. It's happened already.

Crow

And what are you calling recognition? Can the homosexuals claim joint filing status on taxes? Are they entitled to family leave? Or are you referring to people who tolerate their behavior, just as they tolerate the unmarried gay couples that are already here.

What legal status do these "marriages" have?

firechyld

Good questions. I'm not a hundred percent sure.

I know there's no full allotment of family benefits, but they can legally declare themselves married.

I'll have a dig and see what that actually entails.

Aimiel

# 3 9

I'm against adultery, rape and murder, too... guess that makes me a Christian fanatic.

firechyld

Lucybelle...

You might have missed my question.

Why do you say that gay marriage is a bad idea economically?