Poll question: True or false?

Poll question: True or false?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popsthebuilder

Heir,

Are you asking how I have the rightiousness of God upon me?
Well... God came to me and saved me, literally. Saving me from myself and keeping me from doing atrocious acts that at the time I found were quite justified. He lifted my burdens and showed me how he has not only been right beside me throughout all my life, but that my life and all experiences there of where preordained for God's purpose. I was technically still atheist at that point. This is an extreme simplification of the acurances that took place that initial day of my salvation.

This is not my sole focus, but is very important as to sin freely would be to have lost my direction and steadfastness under God.

This neither is my sole focus. To state that God doesn't ask us to follow Christ in rightiousness or without sin goes against scripture and my personal mission under God.
To follow the commandment that states to love God and to love your neighbor is in effect to be wholly without sin as all other commandments follow under that one. To claim that one cannot be without sin is to walk in the flesh as opposed to keeping in the spirit of Christ.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No one is suggesting that it is okay to do evil things or that we aught not do rightly. On the contrary, we have been "saved unto good works ",Paul says.

It's the how and the why that's in question here.

I'm telling you, no matter what revelation you think you've received from God, attempting to avoid sin by way of will power and self denial does not work. Attempting to follow the law is a sin in and of itself for the member of the body of Christ. It is a denial of the major part of the gospel of grace. Faith WORKS by love not law. You have died to the law! The law has nothing more to say to him who has been killed by it. Thus, where there is no law there can be no transgression. You are free from the law! Why seek to be enslaved by it again? Why feel guilty when you've been declared innocent by the only judge that matters? Why fear judgement when your sentence has already been carried out? The fear motive no longer applies, it died with Christ. All that remain is the love motive. Which do you suppose is the stronger of the two?

Resting in Him,
Clete

elohiym

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Jesus said that folks.

I believe Him and realize that his death and resurrection didn't fix people who don't do the work of God: "...believe in Him whom He has sent."

If God loves the world and He does all the work, then the world wouldn't be broken and individuals wouldn't have to do the work of God.

elohiym

Jesus said believing is a work.

There is no salvation without believing.

How did so many of you miss that?

elohiym

Believe in works salvation eh?

Nope. You're being obtuse.

1. Can you be saved without believing the Gospel? No.

2. Does God make you believe the Gospel? No.

3. Did Jesus state in John 6:29 that believing is a work? Yes.

Let me know what you disagree with.

elohiym

To each their own.

According to whose gospel? Our Lord said there is a broad way and a narrow way.

Since when did you have to work to be made right with God?

I had to believe the gospel of Christ, and our Lord called believing in Him a work. Does God believe for you or do you have to believe the gospel to be saved?

If believing the gospel is a work (Jn 6:29), and one must believe for salvation, it follows that one must do a personal work (believing the gospel) to be saved.

glorydaz

According to whose gospel? Our Lord said there is a broad way and a narrow way.

I had to believe the gospel of Christ, and our Lord called believing in Him a work. Does God believe for you or do you have to believe the gospel to be saved?

If believing the gospel is a work (Jn 6:29), and one must believe for salvation, it follows that one must do a personal work (believing the gospel) to be saved.

That says the "work of God". He, by His word does the persuading. Believing is proof of our being persuaded by HIS word. In other words, there is no work you can do because you can only believe.

When I see the rain, I believe it's raining. I'm persuaded to believe it's raining by my wet hair, my wet clothes, and all the mud puddles that are forming at my feet.

glorydaz

Nope. You're being obtuse.

1. Can you be saved without believing the Gospel? No.

2. Does God make you believe the Gospel? No.

3. Did Jesus state in John 6:29 that believing is a work? Yes.

Let me know what you disagree with.

I disagree....Bright Raven is not being obtuse. You are, however. Read this verse very carefully...or take it to your local elementary school and have one of the teachers explain it to you. ;)

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

popsthebuilder

Amen.

Amen.
So you're saying that following the direction given to an individual by God is effortless? That's kinda like saying being lazy is righteous to me and really makes no sense to me. If it took no effort than all would do it and none would be in sin. As opposed to people trying to manipulate the word into saying that sin is righteous.

glorydaz

So you're saying that following the direction given to an individual by God is effortless? That's kinda like saying being lazy is righteous to me and really makes no sense to me. If it took no effort than all would do it and none would be in sin. As opposed to people trying to manipulate the word into saying that sin is righteous.

It's entering into His rest. Once we realize we can never be perfect, as our Father in heaven is perfect, we are free from guilt and are able to put aside our own efforts and let Him work through us. The harder WE try, the more WE get in the way, and the more WE are tempted to boast about what WE have done. We can now freely love and live with absolute assurance that we are loved and saved no matter how we might fail. That's the liberty we have in Christ Jesus...it's total and complete trust in HIS work for which HE receives all the glory. Salvation is Gift.