Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, I jumped into this conversation ... and I am glad to read your opinion... yet I say that God is not affected by time ... except in regards to his plans for his creation. Time only matters to God when it relates to the evolution of his what he has willed to be.
Time is affected by God; it is because He is.

Letsargue

Well, I jumped into this conversation ... and I am glad to read your opinion... yet I say that God is not affected by time ... except in regards to his plans for his creation. Time only matters to God when it relates to the evolution of his what he has willed to be.

God IS ALL Things. -- If it exists, or ever existed, it’s God!! – Time Was just a (( GAP )) in Eternity, being Less than Eternity Itself. - We called Him Jesus, the Son of the Eternal!!! Jesus did not stay in time, He put an END TO TIME!!! – Read it!!

Paul – 071913

Paulos

:sozo: Time is not a dimension!

How many times do I have to say that?

"Time is a dimension..." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

"In relativistic contexts, time cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space because the observed rate at which time passes for an object depends on the object's velocity relative to the observer and also on the strength of gravitational fields, which can slow the passage of time." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"Time is a dimension..." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

"In relativistic contexts, time cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space because the observed rate at which time passes for an object depends on the object's velocity relative to the observer and also on the strength of gravitational fields, which can slow the passage of time." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
Time only works as a dimension in exercises of thought, when discussing events, because it takes time for events to happen and pass.

It is not a dimension physically, and one can neither be inside of it or outside of it.

Paulos

Time only works as a dimension in exercises of thought, when discussing events, because it takes time for events to happen and pass.

"[T]ime cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space because the observed rate at which time passes for an object depends on the object's velocity relative to the observer and also on the strength of gravitational fields, which can slow the passage of time." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

Letsargue

"[T]ime cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space because the observed rate at which time passes for an object depends on the object's velocity relative to the observer and also on the strength of gravitational fields, which can slow the passage of time." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

There ain't no such thing as a Gravitational Field, or Wave!! Show Us, and explain how that works with Your TIME!!

Tell us Genius; - at any given moment, there are at least a Google Plax to the Google Plax power, - powered (( TIMES )) itself; - Times a Google Plax Times, -- and the next moment there are at least that times itself of events taking place!! – (( “EVENTS” Taking place )). – What is the “Time of Itself ((( Doing )))!!!!; - while a Google Plax to the Google Plax power, powered TIMES Itself, Decades of (( Events )) take PLACE??? – Where is TIME in all that??

Paul – 071913

Letsargue

Well here you simply quibble with the word "theology". Sorry, but the word stands as defined. Studying God as revealed in nature or as specially revealed are all theologies whether you like it or not. ;)

AMR

“Theology” is (( ONLY )) “Theology” if it is a (((( Study )))), and Not an attempt at Teaching. - Teaching is NOT the Theology. – Teaching is ( Administering ), and Learning is the (( Studying / Theology ))!! -- There is no one here who cares a wit about the Study of God; - just the self cleaning of their beliefs!!!

I heard that there were Geniuses here???

Paul – 072113

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Stupid, if God is "in time" then there is no reason to read Scripture past your own understanding. Might as well walk away after you're saved. Leave it all to the full moon.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
And just in case you don't get it. NO Christian studies God from the perspective of what He doesn't know. Talk about a false start.

Letsargue

Yep, only an atheist would ask for disproof of proof in the attributes of God.

I suppose their not exactly ( "Atheists" ). "Atheists do have a good argument, most of the Time. But this group doesn't have anything at all to say about anything God has said about anything. --- "However"; they are ( Wolves ) in bloody goat skins. - That's what ((( GOD ))) calls them. But they don't care what God says; just what comes from their bloody hide. -- Yes, they miss took goats for Sheep!!

Paul -- 072213

Letsargue

Stupid, if God is "in time" then there is no reason to read Scripture past your own understanding. Might as well walk away after you're saved. Leave it all to the full moon.

That's Good!! --- Scriptures would be just like a Clock, and On TIME, Every TIME!! -- Now what are those Genises going to say? - Check their funny ~clock~!!!

Paul -- 072213

Lon

Um... no. God is unable to change the past.
You missed the point. He 'already changed (or rather guided/made the past He desires to exist)' is correct.
However, If God created us, He can and easily manilpulate the universe to reflect a different existence. Open Theism is unintelligible on this particular, sorry, not logical at all. You'd say that the alternate past still 'existed' but I (and many others with me) am saying "nope." Pure assertion. As such, we are simply arguing to argue. There is no point in an assertion. It is my strong belief if you erase something as if it never existed and there is absolutely no way to prove it existed, then it doesn't exist, period. So rather, "God is completely able to change the past," against your weak assertion. Anybody that reads in their Bibles "God Almighty" (Omnipotent) and believes it will disagree with your "asserting for no other reason than to support a preconceived (erroneaus) notion/theology)."

If you believe this for any other reason, please let me know. I find it completely untenuable and not based on any kind of logic but to support an erroneaus preconception. It is, imo, against the clear teaching of Scripture. "Almighty" means able to do all things doable (not that I, a mere human could limit Him by my or your limited conceptions), and changing the past is certainly, unequivocably, doable by sheer power.

Letsargue

You missed the point. He 'already changed (or rather guided/made the past He desires to exist)' is correct.
However, If God created us, He can and easily manilpulate the universe to reflect a different existence. Open Theism is unintelligible on this particular, sorry, not logical at all. You'd say that the alternate past still 'existed' but I (and many others with me) am saying "nope." Pure assertion. As such, we are simply arguing to argue. There is no point in an assertion. It is my strong belief if you erase something as if it never existed and there is absolutely no way to prove it existed, then it doesn't exist, period. So rather, "God is completely able to change the past," against your weak assertion. Anybody that reads in their Bibles "God Almighty" (Omnipotent) and believes it will disagree with your "asserting for no other reason than to support a preconceived (erroneaus) notion/theology)."

If you believe this for any other reason, please let me know. I find it completely untenuable and not based on any kind of logic but to support an erroneaus preconception. It is, imo, against the clear teaching of Scripture. "Almighty" means able to do all things doable (not that I, a mere human could limit Him by my or your limited conceptions), and changing the past is certainly, unequivocably, doable by sheer power.

There’s No “WAY” that’s the Truth. - The Truth is what’s written by God, and that IS Jesus Christ!! (( And My Word shall not Pass away )), the Word cannot be changed, or removed, or added to. The Word / Christ is the (( “PLACE” TO BE )); it can be at different times and places in your world, but ( Cannot be done away with ) AT ALL!!!

You cannot remove an ( Event ), or “Put” it in the Past, or Future; - the event is ( forced ) into the pass by other events taking its PLACE in the “TIME” of it’s event (( NOW )). There is Nothing but NOW, and the Truth of it’s “Memory”, unchanged!!! – ( Now ) is Eternal NOW!! – Where do you guys come up with such Nonsense!!!

Paul – 072613

Lon

There’s No “WAY” that’s the Truth. - The Truth is what’s written by God, and that IS Jesus Christ!! (( And My Word shall not Pass away )), the Word cannot be changed, or removed, or added to. The Word / Christ is the (( “PLACE” TO BE )); it can be at different times and places in your world, but ( Cannot be done away with ) AT ALL!!!

You cannot remove an ( Event ), or “Put” it in the Past, or Future; - the event is ( forced ) into the pass by other events taking its PLACE in the “TIME” of it’s event (( NOW )). There is Nothing but NOW, and the Truth of it’s “Memory”, unchanged!!! – ( Now ) is Eternal NOW!! – Where do you guys come up with such Nonsense!!!

Paul – 072613
I've been ignoring you because you don't seem to have much but the ability to assert things, Paul. I can go anywhere and get an 'uh uh.' They don't count for much to me. Your handle is 'Letsargue' but your aren't arguing, you are asserting. In order to argue, you have to take my points one at a time and show them wrong. I'm really not a fan of 'you assert' then "I assert' back. God can do whatever is possible and rewriting the past is more than... Most OVer's agree. Even GodRulz and Muz agree. They simply think He "didn't" not that He can't. They say He can so this is not novel on my part. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.