Psalmist's SPOTD 5-23-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes it's good to be reminded...

...that all the depth of our knowledge and the greatest of our comprehension is barely scratching the surface of the infinite nature of God.

I confess that I have a weakness for falling into a trap where I reduce God to understandable concepts and theological sound bites. It's all in my efforts to come to a greater understanding of who He is and the depths of His love and mercy. The best of intentions...

That said, I fear losing my capacity for wonder. In the life of a Christian, awe ought to be commonplace. Why is it that we are not more frequently amazed?

I don't mean impressed.

...amazed.

This is a beautiful song from Addison Road that I recently ran across and that reminded me how truly amazing our God really is...​

:thumb:​

assuranceagent

Hey, thanks guys!

Unfortunately the thread doesn't seem to have caught much interest :sigh:

I heard the song in the car on the way home from work yesterday and was really impressed by the lyrics. As I listened to it, I kinda thought, 'what do I know? I mean really know about what it means to be holy?'

Anyway, I can't get the song or the thoughts it induced out of my head since. I figured I'd share it in case anyone, like me, needed a reminder of the wonder of our God...

C

cattyfan

Excellent pick, but I changed the thread title to reflect whose pick the post is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.