Psalmist's SPOTD 5-23-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sometimes it's good to be reminded... ​

...that all the depth of our knowledge and the greatest of our comprehension is barely scratching the surface of the infinite nature of God.

I confess that I have a weakness for falling into a trap where I reduce God to understandable concepts and theological sound bites. It's all in my efforts to come to a greater understanding of who He is and the depths of His love and mercy. The best of intentions...

That said, I fear losing my capacity for wonder. In the life of a Christian, awe ought to be commonplace. Why is it that we are not more frequently amazed?

I don't mean impressed.

...amazed.

This is a beautiful song from Addison Road that I recently ran across and that reminded me how truly amazing our God really is...​


:thumb:​
 

assuranceagent

New member
Hey, thanks guys!

Unfortunately the thread doesn't seem to have caught much interest :sigh:


I heard the song in the car on the way home from work yesterday and was really impressed by the lyrics. As I listened to it, I kinda thought, 'what do I know? I mean really know about what it means to be holy?'

Anyway, I can't get the song or the thoughts it induced out of my head since. I figured I'd share it in case anyone, like me, needed a reminder of the wonder of our God...
 
C

cattyfan

Guest
Excellent pick, but I changed the thread title to reflect whose pick the post is :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top