Racism in Jury Selection - Supreme Court Case

Greg Jennings

Blacks are far more racist against blacks than white people are.

About 1000 times more than whites are to blacks.

How do I figure this?

about 98-99% of blacks are murdered by other blacks.

based only on that, blacks are 100 times more likely to murder another black than a white man is, figure in that there are about ten times more whites than blacks in this country you could say that a black man is 1000 times more likely to murder another black than a white man would murder a black man.

Does many of the black culture make that many excuses for blacks murdering people?

Why the outcry by the NAACP whenever a black is killed by a white?

Does the NAACP want a monopoly on black murders?

Seems like the liberal policies of many blacks excuses murder.

Maybe that is why some prosecutors, who want justice, work to exclude blacks from juries.

If any reads this as racist, well, maybe you should stop and actually look at the facts first.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but your stats are askew.

92% of black murders are committed by blacks
91% of whites are killed by whites

It's the same for every race. About 90% of the murders of people of any particular race are committed by members of the same race

Greg Jennings

The law guarantees rights to those entering into civil unions. Marriage is before God and the Congregation.
I still get to choose those with whom I shall congregate. No doubt that also shall be taken away before long.

As I've said before (perhaps not on this thread), if you want to give the exact same rights and privileges to gays in union without using the word 'marriage', I'm fine with that. As long as it is the same thing in everything but name

gcthomas

As I've said before (perhaps not on this thread), if you want to give the exact same rights and privileges to gays in union without using the word 'marriage', I'm fine with that. As long as it is the same thing in everything but name

Marriages happened long before Christianity sprang up, so why should you be able to claim ownership of the word? The majority of marriages in human history have been non-Christian marriages. Get with it - civil marriages are outside the remit of religious interest groups.

brewmama

Oh but it does my friend. Marriage is no longer simply a title for two people in union. Married people receive special tax breaks, have access to each other's finances, inherit a dead spouse's belongings, and so on. So if you deny marriage to gay people, you are denying them the special rights and privileges that go along with it. And that is illegal, as all people are supposed to have equal rights and opportunity.

So if you have a problem with someone taking your property because it's yours, why do want to deny others the rights and privileges that, per the constitution, are theirs?

Bull. All those "special rights and privileges" do not require marriage to be available. And they are not guaranteed in the Constitution. This is a perfect example of defining deviance downward, and allowing radical individualism and unbounded hedonism to contaminate and damage the culture.

brewmama

Marriages happened long before Christianity sprang up, so why should you be able to claim ownership of the word? The majority of marriages in human history have been non-Christian marriages. Get with it - civil marriages are outside the remit of religious interest groups.

But they have always been man-woman, so we can all claim ownership of the word just based on history.

gcthomas

But they have always been man-woman, so we can all claim ownership of the word just based on history.

Marriage has been one sided towards men through most of history - would you like a return to polygamy, bride prices and male ownership of wives, or are you happy for marriage to evolve?

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

Marriage has been one sided towards men through most of history - would you like a return to polygamy, bride prices and male ownership of wives, or are you happy for marriage to evolve?

It will evolve and bring about the extinction of the species much faster than any of the eco disaster fantasies you guys keep cooking up.

gcthomas

It will evolve and bring about the extinction of the species much faster than any of the eco disaster fantasies you guys keep cooking up.

I think you need to explain your thinking here. I have no idea what you are on about. Is it another conspiracy?

gcthomas

Without a replacement rate, the species goes extinct.

Do you really think it is likely that letting homosexuals marry will lead to all heterosexuals in the world stopping having children?

If you do then you are madder than the bag of frogs I had lined up for comparison to you.

ClimateSanity

Do you really think it is likely that letting homosexuals marry will lead to all heterosexuals in the world stopping having children?

If you do then you are madder than the bag of frogs I had lined up for comparison to you.

You were talking about marriage evolving.... Not its current state. It will eventually evolve to the point that sexual reproduction is passe'. I already know people who despise "breeders".

genuineoriginal

Marriages happened long before Christianity sprang up, so why should you be able to claim ownership of the word? The majority of marriages in human history have been non-Christian marriages.
Billions of marriages between a man and a woman.
A small handful of recorded "marriages" between a man and his horse and those only happened because the man was an emperor and had the power to declare it.

genuineoriginal

By "evolve" I assume you mean man-beast marriages in order to create a new species.

gcthomas

By "evolve" I assume you mean man-beast marriages in order to create a new species.

Nice dodge :up:

But you avoided the question about the fact that the meaning of marriage has been fluid over history, and Christian style marriages have been in the minority.

Did you approve of the change in meaning of marriage when they stopped being about owning women and being polygamous in your country?

Alate_One

Just a routine police action for a dastardly crime. Completely proportionate and sensible:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._and_handcuff_unarmed_men_for_jaywalking.html

Fascinating. I think there are quite a few police officers that will engage in this kind of behavior for any disrespect. It comes back to police training. They really need to be taught de-escalation since their usual behavior entraps plenty of people that have done very minor things.

Police officers shoot 6 year old Maybe since it's a white kid and the officers are black, people in this thread will see that police violence is a problem.