ECT Raptured__ What is it? Who is will be? When will it happen?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is one of the best articles I've seen on the subject.

LambLion on the Rapture

I could not copy any of the article, but he makes the mistake of thinking there is 7 years between the resurrection (rapture) and Christ coming down at Armageddon.

No scripture ever states that.

but what scripture does show is that Gods wrath (not tribulation) begins at the return of Christ and He with the saints after a short time proceeds to Jerusalem to free it of its sinners and then begin gathering His chosen mortal believers to the whole land then freed, and it is this gathering of believers (acquired through the last witness before the resurrection) who the nations then come against at Armageddon for the last vial of wrath.

From the first vial after Christs return to the last vial is no longer that 30 days followed by 45 days (5x9 love and gifts) of setting up His Kingdom before the greater pouring out of Rev.ch 22.

LA

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
This is one of the best articles I've seen on the subject.

LambLion on the Rapture

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left [Matt. 25:33].

"I do not know of an instance when God calls individuals goats. All human beings are called sheep. There are two kinds: lost sheep and saved sheep. “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all” (Isa. 53:6). There are lost sheep and saved sheep, not sheep and goats. I believe that the goats represent groups of nations." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (Matthew 14-28) (electronic ed., Vol. 35, p. 156). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

His wrath to this point has been watered down. In other words--this world ain't seen nothin' yet (Re 14:10). :popcorn:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
0 Bible results for “rapture.”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

Double-check spelling, especially people and place names.
Make sure there are spaces between words. Bible Gateway treats “nameoftheFather” and “name of the Father” differently.
Use fewer words in your search, especially if you’re unsure of the exact phrase. For example, “baptizing name Father” and “baptizing them in the name of the Father” will both return Matthew 28:19; however, the latter leaves a greater chance for spelling and syntax errors.
Retry your search in another translation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
caught up- harpazo

86t7g.gif

Cross Reference

Question: What is the spiritual condition of the two in the field or grinding at the mill or in the bed, that one will be taken/caught away/raptured and the other left?

Why would you think your answer is the correct one?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Question: What is the spiritual condition of the two in the field or grinding at the mill or in the bed, that one will be taken/caught away/raptured and the other left?

Why would you think your answer is the correct one?

It is no resurrection.

Only taken, and the one left is unharmed.

Think about it, no beast worshipper will be at peace with the righteous in that day, and they are clearly are before one is taken.

Taken mortally--

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

another voice, not the first voice of the resurrection.

LA

Cross Reference

It is no resurrection.

Only taken, and the one left is unharmed.

Think about it, no beast worshipper will be at peace with the righteous in that day, and they are clearly are before one is taken.

Taken mortally--

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

another voice, not the first voice of the resurrection.

LA

Per Matt 24, where Jesus is speaking to His Disciples, why not believe they were all Christians He was referring to? Is not Jesus coming again but for only those "watching and waiting"? Certainly a nominal Christian would not included in that "catching away"?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Per Matt 24, where Jesus is speaking to His Disciples, why not believe they were all Christians He was referring to? Is not Jesus coming again but for only those "watching and waiting"? Certainly a nominal Christian would not included in that "catching away"?

The children of the bride remain mortal, as well as others who heeded the warnings of Rev.ch 14.

Not one person will be born from above (born again) during the 3.5 years of witness.

Psa 72:10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles Will bring presents; The kings of Sheba and Seba Will offer gifts.
Psa 72:11 Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him; All nations shall serve Him.

LA

Daniel1611

Matt 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 all describe the rapture in detail and say that it occurs, quote "after the tribulation"

genuineoriginal

If "rapture" means to be "caught away" and there is only one place in scripture where the words "caught away" are used to explain the OP,__ Rev 12:5 which is to happen 3 1/2 yrs into the 7 year period called the "tribulation". Nothing else fits.

There are many things wrong with your statement.
Here are a couple of them.

Revelation 12:5
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.​

The only person caught up in Revelation 12:5 is Jesus Christ, who was caught up in Acts 1:9.

Nowhere in scripture is the "tribulation" listed as a 7 year period. Based on the actual description of the "tribulation" in Matthew 24 and the other gospels, the tribulation came upon the inhabitants of Judaea 40 years after the death of Jesus on the cross.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are many things wrong with your statement.
Here are a couple of them.

Revelation 12:5
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.​

The only person caught up in Revelation 12:5 is Jesus Christ, who was caught up in Acts 1:9.

Nowhere in scripture is the "tribulation" listed as a 7 year period. Based on the actual description of the "tribulation" in Matthew 24 and the other gospels, the tribulation came upon the inhabitants of Judaea 40 years after the death of Jesus on the cross.

Jesus was speaking of the tribulation of believers and that began as soon as they started to preach Jesus is the Christ.

LA

genuineoriginal

Jesus was speaking of the tribulation of believers and that began as soon as they started to preach Jesus is the Christ.

LA

In Matthew 24, Jesus was speaking about the tribulation coming on the Jewish people that was mentioned in Daniel 12:1.

Daniel 12:1
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.​

Matthew 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.​

Daniel1611

In Matthew 24, Jesus was speaking about the tribulation coming on the Jewish people that was mentioned in Daniel 12:1.

Daniel 12:1
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.​

Matthew 24:21
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.​

The tribulation happens to Christ's people, not the Jews unless they are Jews that believe on Christ. That's why Jesus said "what I say unto you I say unto ALL: Watch."

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I think rapture is man made

How do you understand these verses? :plain:

"Not all will sleep (1 Cor. 15:51; 1 Thess. 4:15, 17), Dead in Christ will rise (1 Cor. 15:52; 1 Thess. 4:13, 14, 16), Living to be transformed (1 Cor. 15:51–53), Saints caught up (1 Thess. 4:16, 17). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 519). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Last edited:

kayaker

What remnant??

Ezra 9:8 KJV. You know... those who didn't fall prey to Ezra 9:1 KJV, Ezra 9:2 KJV. Some 1,400 years earlier, didn't Judah hook-up with a "Canaanitess" wife (1Chronicles 2:3 KJV) contrary to Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3? Wasn't Judah's Canaanite father-in-law, Shuah (Genesis 38:2 KJV)? Wasn't Shuah (Genesis 25:2), Judah's father-in-law (Genesis 38:2) one of "the children of Keturah" (Genesis 25:4 KJV)? Weren't those who instigated Jesus' crucifixion, "Abraham's seed" (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV), but not "Abraham's children" (John 8:39 KJV)? Since 'they were not Ishmaelites, Edomites, Israelites, and definitely not Gentiles... have you concluded who Paul was referring to in Romans 9:6 KJV, Romans 9:7?

Sure, CR... that 'remnant' produced our Messiah... progeny of Judah (Isaiah 65:9) and his daughter-in-law Tamar via their son, Pharez (Matthew 1:3 KJV). That remnant, CR.

kayaker

kayaker

I think rapture is man made

Agreed, Chrys... At the risk of sounding like I support the "rapture" theory... Jesus' Spirit was extracted (for the lack of a better word) from His living flesh body on the cross. Jesus' flesh death was premature, even Pilot marveled that Jesus died so quickly. Immediately following Jesus' "rapture", then, His body died.... absent the flesh, present with the Lord. That same experience will occur to those of us alive in the flesh upon His second advent, the discussion Paul had with the Thesselonians. It's a timing issue as I see it. And, Matthew 24 makes no allowance for a half-descent, beam-me-up Scotty event.

Please consider Revelation 3:10 KJV.

kayaker

genuineoriginal

The tribulation happens to Christ's people, not the Jews
The Jews are God's people, and the tribulation mentioned in Matthew 24 is only on the Jews.

The followers of Christ were warned to flee Jerusalem when they saw the signs in order to escape the tribulation.

History records that the followers of Christ fled to Pella when they saw the Roman armies in 66 C.E. in fulfillment of the prophecy.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agreed, Chrys... At the risk of sounding like I support the "rapture" theory... Jesus' Spirit was extracted (for the lack of a better word) from His living flesh body on the cross. Jesus' flesh death was premature, even Pilot marveled that Jesus died so quickly. Immediately following Jesus' "rapture", then, His body died.... absent the flesh, present with the Lord. That same experience will occur to those of us alive in the flesh upon His second advent, the discussion Paul had with the Thesselonians. It's a timing issue as I see it. And, Matthew 24 makes no allowance for a half-descent, beam-me-up Scotty event.

Please consider Revelation 3:10 KJV.

kayaker

Jesus was dead in the tomb for 3 days.

The only reason they were surprised is because they each did not know of the dirty work others had done to Him.

Christ was smashed on the insides as well.

LA