ECT Re: Ephesians 2:8

Cross Reference

Re: Ephesians 2:8

OP edit enlarging upon what it is asking:

Whose faith is Ephesians 2:8 referring to? Is it "gifted" faith from God without requiring spiritual collateral or faith "gifted" to one who does reveal spiritual collateral in whom God finds favor because, without faith it is impossible to please God?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Whose faith is Ephesians 2:8 referring to? Is it 'gifted" faith from God without spiritual collateral or faith "gifted" to Him by one who reveals spiritual collateral in which He finds favor?

We are saved by faith.

Faith instead of the purification/ceremonial works.

The people used to have to do the works of cleaning themselves; now Jesus does the works, but you have to have living faith. Your faith is alive and can get you saved if you believe that Jesus' blood cleans you of the sins you repent of doing.

DAN P

Whose faith is Ephesians 2:8 referring to? Is it 'gifted" faith from God without spiritual collateral or faith "gifted" to Him by one who reveals spiritual collateral in which He finds favor?

Hi and in Eph 2:8 we are THROUGH / DIA faith and no one is saved without the GIFT of Faith given to those that are saved !!

THROUGH / DIS is a transliterated , and you can use BY , THROUGH , WITH , or FOR THIS CAUSE , instead !!

dan p

glorydaz

It's our faith in His faith....From faith to faith. We access that Grace through faith.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.​

We see it explained here...

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.​

Cross Reference

It's our faith in His faith....From faith to faith. We access that Grace through faith.

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.​

We see it explained here...

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.​

Do believe God’s faith can be given without spiritual collateral from the recipient?

Paul wrote that he lived by the faith OF the son of God. How was that possible if not it be "given" to one who can be presumed upon to protect it.

God's Truth

Do believe God’s faith can be given without spiritual collateral from the recipient?

Paul wrote that he lived by the faith OF the son of God. How was that possible if not it be "given" to one who can be presumed upon to protect it.

Get yourself a good translation in our English to study with the KJV.

Cross Reference

I have no idea what you're saying, but no one needs to protect the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ.

To himself, given the power of the law of the flesh to overcome.

BTW, Jesus, the unglorified man, "full of Grace and Trurh", was entusted to preserve-protect the whole Godhead. What might the relevance of that mean for the new born from above who possesses the Godhead in measure that he grow in faith? How does spiritual maturity happen?

glorydaz

To himself, given the power of the law of the flesh to overcome.

BTW, Jesus, the unglorified man, "full of Grace and Trurh", was entusted to preserve-protect the whole Godhead. What might the relevance of that mean for the new born from above who possesses the Godhead in measure that he grow in faith? How does spiritual maturity happen?

Before I can try to answer you, you'll have to show me a verse or the text that speaks of what you claim in the yellow above.

Cross Reference

Before I can try to answer you, you'll have to show me a verse or the text that speaks of what you claim in the yellow above.

That is elementary understanding. Are you sure being embarrassed won't be a problem . . :)? Why do think it was allowed by God that He was being tempted-tried-tested?

'The accuser comes but he has nothing in me' . . Jesus

Last edited:

glorydaz

That is elementary understanding.

Good, then you can explain it to me.

Are you sure being embarrassed won't be a problem . . :)?

I don't get embarrassed unless my slip is showing.

Why do think He was being tempted?

Well, it sure wasn't to protect the whole Godhead.

Rather He did it for us, as man's representative before our Righteous God.

Heb. 2:16-18 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Cross Reference

Good, then you can explain it to me.

I don't get embarrassed unless my slip is showing.

Well, it sure wasn't to protect the whole Godhead.

[/FONT][/INDENT]

Indeed, it was for the purpose of destroying the Godhead and the concious presence of God stepping aside to watch the whole thing unfold for the revealing the allegiance of Jesus, the "perfect man. Jesus always won the victory.

BTW, While I could hope you think things through to see nothing is violated as to what pertains re salvation from hell, I don't believe you will because of so much of your present thinking would have to be re-thoughtout.. I don't believe you are willing to do that.

glorydaz

Indeed, it was for the purpose of destroying the Godhead and God stepping aside to watch the whole thing unfold for the revealing the allegiance of Jesus, the "perfect man. Jesus always won the victory.

That's certainly a bunch of hooey.

BTW, While I could hope you think things through to see nothing is violated as to what pertains re salvation from hell, I don't believe you will because of so much of your present thinking would have to be trashed.

Yeah, trash what is true so you can swallow your own imaginings.

I don't know why I keep giving you another chance, CR. :kookoo:

Cross Reference

I don't know why I keep giving you another chance, CR. :kookoo:

I don't either. Everytime you do you find you can't handle it. It is your perspective or nothing. That's unfortunate.

Tomorrow is another day. Perhaps you might take the rest of this night to sort out why I can say Jesus was vulnerable in His unglorified state? Lets talk tomorrow.

Nitey nite.

glorydaz

I don't either. Everytime you do you find you can't handle it. It is your perspective or nothing. That's unfortunate.

Tomorrow is another day. Perhaps you might take the rest of this night to sort out why I can say Jesus was vulnerable in His unglorified state? Lets talk tomorrow.

Nitey nite.

No, Cross Reference. It has nothing to do with my perspective. It has to do with the off the wall and odd ball things you try to relate, and your method of relating them is greatly wanting.

You said this, "Jesus, the unglorified man, "full of Grace and Trurh", was entusted to preserve-protect the whole Godhead."

You have yet to give a clear response to why you would say such a thing. The whole Godhead had no need to be "preserved-protected". Do you even have a hint or one tiny verse that would show me what you mean by that statement? Is that really too much to ask?

Cross Reference

You said this, "Jesus, the unglorified man, "full of Grace and Trurh", was entusted to preserve-protect the whole Godhead."

I believe that is a true statement of fact. Why don't you?

Questions you need to ask yourself:

1. He was temporarilly Glorified and Transfigured on the mount witnessed by the the (3) Disciples. Was He ever Glorified before that time?

2. Why was Jesus made "a little lower than the Angels"?

3. Why was Jesus made vulnerable to sin?

4. Was Jesus NOT tempted in all ways as man yet without sin?

5. Was He not of Adam's race that He could have sinned except for His solid allegiance to His Father?

6. What connected Him to Adam's race, as He had to be if He was to redeem mankind?

7. Did God need Jesus for redeeming mankind if God could have done it without Him?

Cross Reference

With regards to the OP a question:

Considering that a little bit of the life of God is in all of His blessings, can God bless the un-blessable or are His blessings being confused with His mercy in some of the accounts we read? Cain comes easily to mind.

Cross Reference

Then perhaps you might enlighten us as to what the devil tempting Jesus was all about?

Go fer it! Given He was the Son of God, What woud been the result had Jesus succumbed to any of those temptations by the devil, Per Luke 4:1-14 KJV? How do you suppose Vs 14 would have read had He failed?