Reasons against homeschooling?

violahalle6

Im hopefully going to be doing online schooling starting this fall! My mom said yes but I need to get my dads approval first. So I've presented the topic I him a few times but he was really against it. Now Im giving this one last shot before school starts to present it to him. I've showed him the pros and the cons, what my daily routine would be, what classes I would take, when I would start and finish each class, etc. Since he already knows all of this and still isn't changing his opinion I would like to know in your opinion what you think are the ultimate cons and the reasons you have against online or distance education? I would like to see all the points he could make and all the questions he may have so I can be prepared and figure out a solution before I talk to him. So in your opinion what are the ultimate cons, and reasons you may have or reasons others you know may have against distance education? Thank you so much in advance!

private homeschool program, homeschooling curriculum, all in one homeschool

fzappa13

Im hopefully going to be doing online schooling starting this fall! My mom said yes but I need to get my dads approval first. So I've presented the topic I him a few times but he was really against it. Now Im giving this one last shot before school starts to present it to him. I've showed him the pros and the cons, what my daily routine would be, what classes I would take, when I would start and finish each class, etc. Since he already knows all of this and still isn't changing his opinion I would like to know in your opinion what you think are the ultimate cons and the reasons you have against online or distance education? I would like to see all the points he could make and all the questions he may have so I can be prepared and figure out a solution before I talk to him. So in your opinion what are the ultimate cons, and reasons you may have or reasons others you know may have against distance education? Thank you so much in advance!

private homeschool program, homeschooling curriculum, all in one homeschool

How about a REALLY seriously diminished chance of pre-marital procreation? I mean, what dad wouldn't be down with that?

Oh, wait ... that's not a con. Sorry, the dad in me came out.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We homeschooled our daughter for about two years but we began to see the entire process as a retreat from the world.

About the time we introduced our daughter to Christianity and the church, we started to realize keeping her from our culture, politics, faith concerns and socialization was preventing her from being able to navigate the outside world with a healthy set of boundaries and an "education" to go forth and proclaim her beliefs in the marketplace.

My wife and I had to accept the fact that we were actually quite afraid of our public educational system because we were seeing it as one-sided and powerful.

But we also came to the conclusion that it is still part of our cultural reality and that any fear of public education said more about ourselves and our self-victimization than the institutional shortcomings in the public square.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As much as I wish this poster did not go off the deep in in some of her beliefs, she did hit the nail right on the head when she posted this some years ago.

The public school system is run and operated by FOOLS, so it is not surprising that the government is producing generations of rebellious FOOLS who reject the TRUTH about God.

"The FOOL has said in his heart, there is no God." - Psalms 14:1

If the Holy Scriptures require Christian children to receive a Christian education ~ It is a SIN to send children to a PAGAN SEMINARY to be educated!

"He who walks with wise men becomes wise, but the companion of FOOLS will suffer harm." - Prov. 13:20

Are your children the companions of FOOLS? If they go to public school they are - And they WILL suffer great harm, guaranteed!

Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness..." He did not say, "But seek first public education and humanistic paganism!"

Too often parents neglect God and seek first their own interests while also neglecting their responsibilities to their children. Parents enroll their kids in all kinds of early learning programs as they seek an academic education for their children as a means to define success. It is painfully obvious that government schools fail to provide even the most basic academic skills for children. Nevermind the fact that schools also fail to teach proper socialization skills, standards of righteousness, morality or traditional values.

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up." - Deut. 6:5-7

This is an impossible task if their children are away from home all day being educated in a place which teaches ideologies contrary to the Bible.

God is clear in His Word that parents are responsible for educating and training up their own children. Christian parents are instructed to seek first the kingdom of God and DILIGENTLY teach their children about God’s holy commandments ALL throughout the day.

God did not say: "Train a child in what he should know, and when he is old he will not forget it."
God said, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." - Prov. 22:6

Education is not just about what a child knows; it is primarily about how he becomes equipped for the battle, and how he lives his life once he is grown.

The Bible says, "Do not be deceived: bad company corrupts good morals." - 1 Cor. 5:33

Christian parents act like fools if they assume their children will able to spiritually survive in a wicked and aggressively anti-Christ war-zone!

Christian children have no place in the public school where God and Truth are omitted!

If parents have any hope of saving their child's soul and raising them up for God's Kingdom, it is absolutely critical that parents give their children an exclusively Christian education!

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the fear and admonition of the Lord." - Eph. 6:4

In order to raise children to fear God, it is especially important for fathers to play an active role in their children's lives, this includes education.

"I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth." - John 17:15-17

Christian children cannot be sanctified in the Truth while school officials deny God's existence and smother students with all sorts of false doctrine. Public schools are evil and systematically destroy the minds of millions of children, including yours!

How can your children be sanctified in Truth at a place where Truth is denied? :think:

Jesus was clear when He said, "He who is not with Me is against Me." -Luke 11:23

He also said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

Neutrality is impossible with the Lord. Either we are going His direction, or we are not. We either teach our children to love, honor and obey God; or we send them to a place where God is mocked, life has no value and all truth is relative.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ." - Col. 2:8

Children are not fully equipped in their faith to resist pagan philosophies or deny the empty deceptions which are taught in public school classrooms. Children are still in training and without the constant guidance from loving parents they are likely to stumble.

"A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher." - Luke 6:40

The majority of teachers and staff at public schools hate God. If they don't, certainly they are forbidden to talk about God or the Bible in any way. Government teachers are not qualified to teach Christian children the basic fundamentals of life. Most teachers are not even qualified to teach the required subjects such as math or reading, let alone moral absolutes and issues of right and wrong.

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?" - 2 Cor. 6:14,17

Again, government schools are by law secular, which means worldly rather than spiritual, or omitting God altogether. Christian kids should not receive an education and be yolked together with thousands of unbelieving kids all day long in a place where God is irrelevant to all aspects of life!

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:2

Children cannot be transformed by the renewing of their minds, if their minds are constantly being polluted with humanism, sexual immorality, relativism, evolution, feminism and New Age propaganda.

"But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depth of the sea." - Matt. 18:6

Christian parents are causing their children to stumble everyday they send them off to be indoctrinated with lies in an environment which is not only extremely hostile towards their faith, but completely rejects the knowledge of God and the teachings in the Bible as well.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." - Hosea 4:6

Parents - Don't let your children be ignored another day because of YOUR lack of knowledge! It is time to get informed about the public school system and take responsibility for the education of your own children!

-------------------------
QUOTES:

“The school system that ignores God, teaches its pupils to ignore God; and this is not neutrality. It is the worst form of antagonism, for it judges God to be unimportant and irrelevant in human affairs. This is atheism.” – Gordon H. Clark, (1902 –1985) American Philosopher and Theologian

Keep in mind that Adolph Hitler is the one who coined the phrase of communist public education - "Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state."

Hitler later proclaimed that - "If you tell a lie loud enough and long enough, people will believe it."

Consider what John J. Dunphy says in The Humanist, 1983:

"The battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: A religion of humanity -- utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to carry humanist values into wherever they teach. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new -- the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism."

- The first plank of the Humanist Manifesto states:
"Religious humanists regard the universe as self-existing and not created."
- The second plank states:
"Humanism believes that man is a part of nature and that he has emerged as a result of a continuous process."

It's also interesting to note that Karl Marx, author of The Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto declares this as the #10 plank:
"Free education for all children in government schools."

glorydaz

Cons of home schooling?

Less chance of being influenced by peers.

Less opportunity to be brain washed by the world system.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Im hopefully going to be doing online schooling starting this fall! My mom said yes but I need to get my dads approval first.

violahalle6
Trainee
Muslim
Pinko Commie

I highly encourage you to get your education at home (not that you wouldn't be a great mentor for public school children).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
is this the worst day you can remember ?

No, the day that you begged me to be your friend was worse.

Now back to Violahalle6:

Being that you're of the Muslim faith (evidently that wasn't noted when one TOL'er quoted The Holy Bible numerous times), public schools can accommodate your religious needs when it comes to prayer time, a private setting to put your prayer rug, a sink to wash your feet in, etc.

I'm all for public schools and think that it's a great place to get an education.

What are your concerns about going to a public school Violahalle6?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
800.jpg

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There really are no cons, because you can still go join sports teams and have other activities outside of the home.
My 5 kids were in so many things, it would sometimes be exhausting taking them everywhere. One of my sons played football for three years. It’s a homeschool sports organization. Football, basketball, track etc. We played lots of public school teams. Whooped a lot of them. It was great. Kind of blurry but my son got the award at the end of the season for tackle of the year.

Attachments

• IMG_4736.jpeg
    IMG_4736.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 2