ECT Should any Assurance of salvation be expected without Full Repentance?

Doom

You have more stuff with you than a holiday turkey. Who do think you are kidding with that canned shallow 'testimony'? You enjoyed your sin as everyone does. What, perhaps, you feared more was fryng for it all and someone persuaded you to join their church and become an usher and everything would be OK. Bingo!, you were off the hook.
You really hate it when someone exposes you as biblically illiterate. No wonder you dissected those verses from my post. :chuckle:

:loser:

Cross Reference

Because you just had a flood of truth expose you as a fraud, that's why. :rotfl:

LOL!! As the old lady once said as she looked for the meat on the bun: "Where's the beef?" You speak to her type of disappointment. i.e., "Where's the truth?" Platitudes layered on a dead doctrine 'bun' you call "truth". Think about it. What have you to offer anyone?

Cross Reference

As mentioned by others, I have no idea what partial repentance is. It seems a concept like partially pregnant.

I am sure you have an inkling.

Lets try this: What makes one feel good more often than enough, persuades one he has done enough in his commitment to satisfy the requirement of salvation, feeling good being the evidence of it, while in reality there has been no breaking in the life that one, by the Holy Spirit produces, a love to God that a sustaining faith might be produced in him to keep him when the test comes __ without which, when it does it will be seen as the devil and needs to be rebuked rather than it being a test of allegiance as given Jesus. Worshiping church instead of Jesus is the reason for much of this failure.

I am sure you have an inkling.

Lets try this: What makes one feel good more often than enough, persuades one he has done enough in his commitment to satisfy the requirement of salvation, feeling good being the evidence of it, while in reality there has been no breaking in the life that one, by the Holy Spirit produces, a love to God that a sustaining faith might be produced in him to keep him when the test comes __ without which, when it does it will be seen as the devil and needs to be rebuked rather than it being a test of allegiance as given Jesus. Worshiping church instead of Jesus is the reason for much of this failure.

Sorry, but I don't understand all of that, your wording a bit strange to me. But "done enough to satisfy salvation" sounds like some works faith, not Christianity, that such a person lacks an understanding of sin and the blood of Christ. Neither is church worshiped, as opposed to Christ. So it sounds like you're referring to a deluded Christian who's not repented of being self righteous and is of the world, doesn't understand the atonement and holiness of God, in the first place.

Cross Reference

Sorry, but I don't understand all of that, your wording a bit strange to me. But "done enough to satisfy salvation" sounds like some works faith, not Christianity, that such a person lacks an understanding of sin and the blood of Christ. Neither is church worshiped, as opposed to Christ. So it sounds like you're referring to a deluded Christian who's not repented of being self righteous and is of the world, doesn't understand the atonement and holiness of God, in the first place.

No, I am referring to Christians like you, who sin and presume you are forgiven. Perhaps, in this you might recognize yourself and see the works needed for forgiveness that "partial"repentance won't suffice as "full" payment.

Doom

cross ref is trying to explain to everyone that those who "fully repent" make it their life's "work" to tell everyone else how they have not fully repented while they have. However, they will NEVER make it clear to everyone else what they think "fully repenting" actually is, just that have done it, and you haven't

See the Pharisee in the temple for more info about those who boast in their behavior being better than yours

Yeah, i didn't think you were willing to give an account of the hope within you. Out of your mouth your heart speaks, loudly.

The guy knows nothing about me, new around here, and just accused me of being lost in sin. He's a very dark troll, as if trying to accuse people he doesn't even know, such a dumb, trollish comment, unprovoked and out of thin air.

He indiscriminately just posts pat comments robotically, meant to inflame, garden variety dumb troll. This is why the Lord put ignore in the dictionary.

cross ref is trying to explain to everyone that those who "fully repent" make it their life's "work" to tell everyone else how they have not fully repented while they have. However, they will NEVER make it clear to everyone else what they think "fully repenting" actually is, just that have done it, and you haven't

See the Pharisee in the temple for more info about those who boast in their behavior being better than yours

But then who are you, hatefully attacking others the same, as you did me in another thread, out of thin air, completely uncalled for and unprovoked? Are you guys so very hard up for attention?

Cross Reference

But then who are you, hatefully attacking others the same, as you did me in another thread, out of thin air, completely uncalled for and unprovoked? Are you guys so very hard up for attention?

Seems you have seen fit to change the subject. Why is that except my point has registered with you?

Know this, I am NOT throwing stones. I just happen to know how it all works __ and why the church has failed.

Please point it out where I have been "hateful" to you. An apology is awaiting you.

Unprovoked? Hardly :rolleyes:

What branch of Christianity do you belong to, with hatred as a doctrine? You constantly say evil things to people.

Truth is, you're angry and sociopathic, saying evil things to people for amusement, looking to fight, garden variety web troll, which isn't Christian.

Doom

What branch of Christianity do you belong to, with hatred as a doctrine? You constantly say evil things to people.

Truth is, you're angry and sociopathic, saying evil things to people for amusement, looking to fight, garden variety web troll, which isn't Christian.
Oh, the irony :yawn: