ECT Should any Assurance of salvation be expected without Full Repentance?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Who knows how to discuss something with you? You aren't even willing to explain what you mean in your own op. No one can discuss anything when you aren't willing to tell people how you are defining what you are asking.

Confusion is not of God, so either stop playing games, or tell us what you mean by repentance, and how one can only repent partially like your op suggests. Define your discussion terms or stop wasting peoples time.

Sure and you have don't compromise in Him, do you?

Need a definition for that as well?
:peach: Attack the issue :yawn: not people.

Repentance is described as: “turned” (Acts 9:35), “repent” (Acts 8:22), “return” 1 Sam. 7:3, “conversion” (Acts 15:3). Things leading to repentance are: God’s long-suffering (2 Pet. 3:9), God’s goodness (Rom. 2:4), conviction of sin (Acts 2:37, 38). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 526). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Men must humble themselves before God (2 Chr. 32:26).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Is there some reason you do not answer her question plainly?] "...I don't want to."

Jeantel-has-a-chip-on-her-shoulder.jpg

oatmeal

So what do you want from me? You got it all figured out. But God knows your heart doesn't He __or does it matter? Your mind is made up and snapped shut.

What do I want?

didn't I make it clear enough?

or didn't you read my post?

So , then you admit that "full repentance" is not a term found in scripture!

Well, this ECT forum is supposed to be based on believing scripture, not making up terms like "full repentance" then pertending it thar in da good book

Chapter and verse!

Clearly, the cross you have as a reference is not the cross of Christ.

but the altar of your self exalted theology

That was harsh, wasn't it.

Awake to righteousness and sin not.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Should any Assurance of salvation be expected without Full Repentance? - Today, 08:28 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What might God have to say about that?

Quite a lot as you know.

King Solomon was a true believer who became King after his Father David, but Solomon married many wives of the nations and built temples to their gods in Jerusalem and even attended their proceedings.

So it should be apparent that his heart was not perfect with God after he believed and before he became king.

Solomon and the people together with the kings and people who followed are the history of the NT churches since Pentecost on to the end of them in our future.

All believers of the NT church are the same to varying degrees, so that repentance from dead works of the body , mind, heart, and soul is often a daily occurrence for all who wish to follow Christ to the end.

Many turn away from it by trying to hide the need of it and they learn religion of one variety or another instead.---

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

Cross Reference

The reason you all have your panties in a wod is because your religion is all about you and nothing about God Who would have you enter into a spiritual "promised land" in the here and now as typified by the children of Israel who [eventually] entered in a very natural way, a land that Moses was forbidden to enter.

Read Deut 6-8 for the natural explanation.

Read ------ -:- the will explain the spiritual Promised Land and the reason why "compromise with the natural, "not-so fully repentant heart", will not make the cut.

Perhaps some might venture a guess at what chapter in the Bible reveals itself to be that spiritual promised land?

DAN P

Not trying to be aggravating nor debating but could you

Define from scripture "full repentance"

For that matter, please show me where the phrase "full repentance" appears in scripture?

Romans 5:6-11 ...

Did God wait for our "full repentance"?

I John 5:13

I have eternal life now and I know it.

Why wait for I Thessalonians 4:13-18 to come to pass to find out since you can know now?

Hi , and anyone that does a word study on the word REPENTANCE will see that Repentance is tied to Baptism !

And that Baptism is a WORK !!

Never heard of FULL REPENTANCE , and how do anyone knows all have completely Repented ?

Do you have a verse of FULL REPENTANCE ??

dan p

oatmeal

The reason you all have your panties in a wod is because your religion is all about you and nothing about God Who would have you enter into a spiritual "promised land" in the here and now as typified by the children of Israel who [eventually] entered in a very natural way, a land that Moses was forbidden to enter.

Read Deut 6-8 for the natural explanation.

Read ------ -:- the will explain the spiritual Promised Land and the reason why "compromise with the natural, "not-so fully repentant heart", will not make the cut.

Perhaps some might venture a guess at what chapter in the Bible reveals itself to be that spiritual promised land?

So where does scripture state "full repentance"

What do you mean by full repentance?

If you don't know what it is, just say so.

musterion

Yes.

But then, that will only raise the question of why you were stupid enough to make such a firm stand on repentance, even arguing about it at length, while not even knowing for sure what the word means. So are you prepared to be seen as far stupider than you already are? My guess is, no, you're not.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes.

But then, that will only raise the question of why you were stupid enough to make such a firm stand on repentance, even arguing about it at length, while not even knowing for sure what the word means. So are you prepared to be seen as far stupider than you already are? My guess is, no, you're not.

You are obviously a believer in the MAD doctrine which believe grace gives the right to sin with your mouth against the Lord and His people.

You need repentance and truth in the inward parts which can only be had if you enter the Kingdom of God, which you have not by your own confession.

Obey Paul and stop sinning.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid.

LA

Cross Reference

Yes.

You know nothing and presume much on the basis of probability. A fools way, for sure.